Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Racism against Hartline?

1. -21
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tempe, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    If this wasnt a sports forum I would actually tear this to pieces.
    Haha try your best dude.. everything I just said was true. Not sure how you could even argue it, you don't even live in this country (according to your name). How the **** do you know how minorities are treated or portrayed in the media and other areas of the Cooperate America society we all live in?

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    You got it right until the white guilt came out about whites don't deserve. Not true. The way to make up for the oppression is not by segregating but unifying. Can that be accomplished? Probably not as the lines of racial hatred are deep on all sides. But tabbing a month as Black History Month or Spanish Heritage month doesn't help solve the problem.
    I completely agree with you, I just worded what I meant wrong. I don't think we need anything like that for any race. I am all for unification, no borders and a Human Race over just Race itself.
    "Any ideology that fundamentally divides one group from another and prevents them from recognizing their common humanity is a problem" - Sam Harris

Fin fan till' the coffin slams!
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Why has a post about a relevant topic been taken out of the main forum because some posters went away from the topic. Its very relevant about the Dolphins.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    DieHard FinFan 4 Life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bear, DE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    "fast for a white receiver" Sound familiar? Imagine what would happen if someone said RG3 "has a good arm for a black quarterback" Im not saying its blatant racism but Ive seen Hartline be asked about his speed all season, ive seen his team mates asked what its like playing with a "white reciever" and it actually rather sickens me. As Devon Bess said "Hartline's speed is "definitely" overlooked since he's white."

No im not trying to label certain journalists racist against white players, but this attitude towards Hartline and other players (such as the running back Hillis) quite annoys me. If football is meant to be colourless why does that not apply to white players as well as black?

Maybe im on my own in this one and just seem bitter Was wondering what you guys think?
    You're a little off base there, most black QBs who make it to the NFL have very strong arms. The lable on black QBs is "scrambling" QBs, that's the stigma for a black QB. The perception is black QBs can only play that position if they are good scramblers (being able to make things happen with their feet).

But I do see your point about the label with white WRs, there are not a lot of them in the NFL, but they are labled as "deceptively" fast too often.
    2014 Miami Dolphins Draft Class

1. OT: Ja'wuan James -Tennessee
    2. WR: Jarvis Landry -LSU
    3. OT: Billy Turner-North Dakota State
    4. DB: Walt Aikens-Liberty
    5. TE: Authur Lynch - Georgia
    5. LB: Jordan Tripp - Montana
    6. WR: Matt Hazel-Coastal Carolina
    7. DE: Terrance Fede- Marist
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfan3431 View Post
    In today's society, its ok to be racist against white people, but god forbid you make a black joke and all hell breaks loose! Its just how society is, which is why we have such things as "blackpeoplemeet.com" and "BET", but yet if we make a "whitepeoplemeet.com" and "WET", well be shunned from society. ****ed up world man
    That quote is spot on. I don't like mixing politcs with football, but it's true.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why has a post about a relevant topic been taken out of the main forum because some posters went away from the topic. Its very relevant about the Dolphins.
    Because mods know that once you throw in topics like race, religion and politics, it will ALWAYS go to a not-so-friendly place
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    And if we try to have a decent discussion about black QBs in the main forum.............. "its a shame its 2012 and were still talking about this" and other **** like that would get posted. But, its all good for people to talk about white WRs and such. Makes sense.

Notice how this thread gets moved to the depths too.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Debate about societal racism dose not belong in the main forum and it took less than ten posts to turn this thread into a societal debate that wasn't centered around football. You guys can debate here all you would like, it isn't like the Depths is a bad place, it means less restrictions.

None of you did anything wrong, religion and race always spin out of control in the main because they are highly personal topics.

Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    And if we try to have a decent discussion about black QBs in the main forum.............. "its a shame its 2012 and were still talking about this" and other **** like that would get posted. But, its all good for people to talk about white WRs and such. Makes sense.

Notice how this thread gets moved to the depths too.
    What's wrong with debating about QB's and receivers without the generalizations of color attached?
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Wanna hit?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    You got it right until the white guilt came out about whites don't deserve. Not true. The way to make up for the oppression is not by segregating but unifying. Can that be accomplished? Probably not as the lines of racial hatred are deep on all sides. But tabbing a month as Black History Month or Spanish Heritage month doesn't help solve the problem.
    Bingo! My point is there should be zero forms of segregation, period.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think the differences are caused by environmental, social, and economic disparity. More blacks play football in their youth in the poor areas of the country because they do not have other activities to do. Most of the powerhouse high school programs come from these types of areas. Those players become the stars. Now and then, a guy like Hartline comes along
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    Debate about societal racism dose not belong in the main forum and it took less than ten posts to turn this thread into a societal debate that wasn't centered around football. You guys can debate here all you would like, it isn't like the Depths is a bad place, it means less restrictions.

None of you did anything wrong, religion and race always spin out of control in the main because they are highly personal topics.
    It is also a football topic, I didn't want a detailed review of minority treatment in america. I wanted a discussion about the media and a Dolphins player. Putting it somewhere where only political types ever venture renders the topic pointless and ends even my interest in it.
    Quote Quote