Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: 2012 Off Season Thoughts

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17

2012 Off Season Thoughts

Something to consider on this year's off season.

Philbin was hired around the end of Jan, and then had to fill out his coaching staff, evaluate what players he had, what he needed, how much could be done immediately, etc, etc.

Our FO staff, scouts, etc had been evaluating talent in the draft and FA for a year before Joe was hired, and had at least a rough draft board. Then, everything changed in going to a WCO, zone blocking, and a 4-3 D, and what was done for a year had to be completely re-evaluated in limited time.

Think about it. We hired our coaches 6 weeks before FA started. Not much time to evaluate who you have, let alone who you want, and is available. Have to make a decision on Flynn, while waiting on Peyton, who would also change everything you can do.

By the draft, there was more time to get on the same page, and they did a fine job of doing so. All the VG picks were likely a team effort, and isn't that what everyone wants?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nice post that needs to be brought back up at the end of the season, imo bro. I think it got a little lost today and definitely you bring up interesting points. Look at how well of a job Philbin and Co did in that short time together. Now they'll have that offseason and the season together to make great decisions for our big '13 offseason. I'm super stoked for it but for the first time in a long time don't need it to hurry because of the optimism this season has already brought! It is great watching this team, and watching them grow.....maybe we did bring in a young(er) Shula type of coach!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by cullenbigcstill View Post
    Nice post that needs to be brought back up at the end of the season, imo bro. I think it got a little lost today and definitely you bring up interesting points. Look at how well of a job Philbin and Co did in that short time together. Now they'll have that offseason and the season together to make great decisions for our big '13 offseason. I'm super stoked for it but for the first time in a long time don't need it to hurry because of the optimism this season has already brought! It is great watching this team, and watching them grow.....maybe we did bring in a young(er) Shula type of coach!
    I do agree. Ya know, I coulda put Ireland's name in the OP for MANY pointless posts, and cold care less of "being lost." IMO, one good post is well worth 50 saying nothing.
    Quote Quote