Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Well hell has certainly froze over

  1. -11
    datruth55's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    11,996
    vCash:
    1560
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaRamFan View Post
    I'm curious to know why some of the fans here think this will be such a guaranteed win for the Dolphins. I love Sean Smith, I think he's going to be a great CB, but right now he still gives up a few too many TD's. I think the greater concern for the Dolphins is who is playing as the #2 and #3 CB's. The Ram's don't have that #1 receiver so they are forced to spread the ball around (I guess as much as a low-powered offense can). Not really any specific person for Smith to "shut down" on Sunday. I also see a lot about the Dolphin's running game, but Bush has had 36 carries for 114 total, in the last two games. Somehow I don't see the Rams selling out to stop Bush.

    Personally, I think the Dolphins will get a TD and a couple field goals and win. Rams will probably score 10. But I do think it will be close, so if someone has some insight on how the Rams will get beaten handily, or some serious match up disadvantage I'm missing, I'd love to know.
    You want to talk about Bush by saying he's not running the ball the last two game but then you're trying to say we should worry about who OUR #2 and #3 CBs are...are you freakin kidding me? Your QB just went 7/21 for 141 yards last week...7 for 21.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    Dolfan23's Avatar
    Super Donator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2002
    Posts:
    999
    vCash:
    11857
    Loc:
    Houston, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaRamFan View Post
    I'm curious to know why some of the fans here think this will be such a guaranteed win for the Dolphins. I love Sean Smith, I think he's going to be a great CB, but right now he still gives up a few too many TD's. I think the greater concern for the Dolphins is who is playing as the #2 and #3 CB's. The Ram's don't have that #1 receiver so they are forced to spread the ball around (I guess as much as a low-powered offense can). Not really any specific person for Smith to "shut down" on Sunday. I also see a lot about the Dolphin's running game, but Bush has had 36 carries for 114 total, in the last two games. Somehow I don't see the Rams selling out to stop Bush.

    Personally, I think the Dolphins will get a TD and a couple field goals and win. Rams will probably score 10. But I do think it will be close, so if someone has some insight on how the Rams will get beaten handily, or some serious match up disadvantage I'm missing, I'd love to know.
    This sounds like a fair assessment to me. The 2 teams are pretty similar and it should be a very close game, which worries me due to our kicker and not having any confidence in him. I would expect that Miami will have some trouble finding open WR's with the pair of corners that the Rams have and the Rams should get good pressure on Tannehill as well. I feel like the Dolphins are going to win, but it shouldn't surprise me at all if the Rams won.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    12
    vCash:
    1123
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    You want to talk about Bush by saying he's not running the ball the last two game but then you're trying to say we should worry about who OUR #2 and #3 CBs are...are you freakin kidding me? Your QB just went 7/21 for 141 yards last week...7 for 21.
    So what you're saying is that because Bradford isn't having a great year, Bush will run all over the Rams.?...I'm not really following you here. The two have nothing to do with each other. The CB comment was in response to the poster saying Sean Smith = Dolphins victory.

    And yes, I do think the Dolphins should be concerned about their corners behind Smith. The big games from opposing receivers haven't come from the AJ Greens or Fitz's, but from the opponents 2nd and 3rd best receivers. At no point did I say the Rams were going to put up 28 points and pass all over the Dolphins. But in a game that could be decided by 3-7 points (and Dan Carpenter as their kicker), I don't think examining the depth of the secondary is out of the questions.

    Let me simplify it for you: I don't think the Rams will score many points. I think the Dolphins will score a few more. I think the worst thing the Rams having going for them is playing on the road (as opposed to facing Sean Smith). I don't think the Rams will stack 8 in the box to stop Bush, nor do I think Tannehill will pass for 400 yards. If the Rams are smart, they'll throw away from Smith. Obviously I hope enough to squeeze by, but I see why the experts pick the Fins here. Just don't see this blowout coming that everyone here seems to think is on it's way..
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    2,810
    vCash:
    11280
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Miami is a considerably better team across all units, and Fisher is a very pedestrian 8-8 type of coach. He deserves credit for coaching up a bad roster to some extent but longer term it will be ironic that he hitched his wagon to Bradford who just isn't very good and has a very low ceiling to get any better. Not much talent there, and he will get absolutely abused Sunday.

    However, in this game, the wildcards are a rookie quarterback and a bad kicker. So, the Rams could arguably stay within a couple of TD's of Miami if Miami makes some mistakes which is quite possible under these circumstances.

    If Miami has a 3 turnover game, and misses a couple of field goals, then it could be a 17-13 Miami type of victory.

    Gotta watch the cheap shots from the Rams. Guarantee there will be an "incident." That's Fisher's M.O.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    EvilDylan's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    3,173
    vCash:
    8127
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaRamFan View Post
    So what you're saying is that because Bradford isn't having a great year, Bush will run all over the Rams.?...I'm not really following you here. The two have nothing to do with each other. The CB comment was in response to the poster saying Sean Smith = Dolphins victory.

    And yes, I do think the Dolphins should be concerned about their corners behind Smith. The big games from opposing receivers haven't come from the AJ Greens or Fitz's, but from the opponents 2nd and 3rd best receivers. At no point did I say the Rams were going to put up 28 points and pass all over the Dolphins. But in a game that could be decided by 3-7 points (and Dan Carpenter as their kicker), I don't think examining the depth of the secondary is out of the questions.

    Let me simplify it for you: I don't think the Rams will score many points. I think the Dolphins will score a few more. I think the worst thing the Rams having going for them is playing on the road (as opposed to facing Sean Smith). I don't think the Rams will stack 8 in the box to stop Bush, nor do I think Tannehill will pass for 400 yards. If the Rams are smart, they'll throw away from Smith. Obviously I hope enough to squeeze by, but I see why the experts pick the Fins here. Just don't see this blowout coming that everyone here seems to think is on it's way..
    Who, in this thread, is saying anything about a blowout? No one. So what is your point, exactly?
    Last edited by EvilDylan; 10-12-2012 at 11:16 AM.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    J. David Wannyheimer's Avatar
    The truth is out there.

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2011
    Posts:
    16,441
    vCash:
    108432
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Dolphins are at home and the Rams offense really doesn't match up well against Miami's defense with its #1 receiving threat out of the game.

    The Rams are playing tough ball but there are a lot of indicators that favor Miami. Dolphins need to take care of business.

    Ice up, Leodis.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    7,289
    vCash:
    1096
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins always play Fisher teams well. And his current team is one of his worst

    A couple nice pieces on defense, but with a poor D-line up the middle though, Miami should feast. Pouncey our center is playing at a Pro bowl level, miami's interior line is blocking the run well overall (especially against a subpar run defense like st louis)

    The Rams pose the worst offense in the league without Amendola. You're ranked 30th on offense and you're 32nd without him. Dolphins pose the best Run D in the league, averaging just 2.7 YPC against. Not even Houston could run on us with just 83 yards on 35 carries, and that was on the road. Stephen jackson is old and not what he once was, you won't be able to get yards on us on the ground. Making your offense one dimensional, this is where miami will get some turnovers with the pressure on bradford and your poor receiving targets (have to say i liked Givens in the draft but that's hardly going to put the rams over the top).

    Dolphins are heading into a BYE WEEK and will probably play very hard knowing they have some days off coming shortly. Jabar Gaffney will be active allowing Miami to run 3 and 4 WR sets extending the Rams defense attacking their 3rd and 4th CB's. Lamar Miller will be seeing more action (with D Thomas out) and he has been running the ball like Reggie Bush this year when he's in.

    The Dolphins have been good at attacking linebackers in this west coast offense creating matchup advantages (though could be a little better making it perfect), and the LB play for the Rams is poor overall as a unit. The Rams are just horrible on the road, if it was in St Louis I'd worry a bit more as the Rams play much better there. Don't see the Dolphins losing at home this week to a Rams team after the way their last home game went, by really outplaying the Jets only to lose the way they did in OT.

    Miami's headed into a bye week and they're home, will be ready to play bringing them to .500 and feeling good about themselves. The Rams are not a balanced team like the dolphins, they're not better than miami overall. and they are certainly not 2 games better than the dolphins, both teams will be 3-3 late Sunday afternoon.

    Miami wins by 2 scores imo
    Last edited by Pinkboy; 10-11-2012 at 06:23 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    2,810
    vCash:
    11280
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilDylan View Post
    Who, in this thread, is saying anything about a blowout? No one. So what is your point, exactly?
    I'm saying Miami should win handily unless there is some random TO's/bad kicking, in which Miami should still win a close one.

    Fisher is just an unimaginative guy with a sub-par qb playing against a tough, physical, albeit young team. With the added drama that the Rams may look to do some dirty tactics, but they are barking up the wrong tree on that one. Miami is a physical football team.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    CRAZYDOLFAN305's Avatar
    We Are Still Going To The SB

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    4,858
    vCash:
    2329
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post
    I actually wish they didnt pick us. Florio is the biggest douche there is. Taking a shot by saying Miami wins close because Amendola is out. We would have won with him playing anyways - Smith would have shut him down easily.

    Rams at Dolphins

    MDS’s take: Hardly anyone has noticed it, but the Dolphins’ defense is actually quite good. Miami will put a lot of pressure on Sam Bradford and win a low-scoring game.
    MDS’s pick: Dolphins 14, Rams 10.

    Florio’s take: Arguably the best game of the weekend, Rams coach Jeff Fisher gets a shot at the team he spurned. With tough defenses and underrated offenses, the Miami offense should be able to do more against the St. Louis defense than vice-versa, given the absence of Danny Amendola.
    Florio’s pick: Dolphins 14, Rams 12.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry/rumor-mill/
    But he's right, this game is a toss up. The algorythms are against us. The likely hood of us covering 10 straight spreads against winning teams is slim. And we have a horrible home record over the last 4 years.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    EvilDylan's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    3,173
    vCash:
    8127
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Tatious View Post
    I'm saying Miami should win handily unless there is some random TO's/bad kicking, in which Miami should still win a close one.

    Fisher is just an unimaginative guy with a sub-par qb playing against a tough, physical, albeit young team. With the added drama that the Rams may look to do some dirty tactics, but they are barking up the wrong tree on that one. Miami is a physical football team.

    Sorry, I didn't mean to quote you. I meant to quote the ram fan guy.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Utility Bill Unpaid, Senior Froze To Death
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-21-2009, 12:10 PM
  2. what the hell are they doing
    By cafinfan408 in forum General NFL Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-23-2008, 05:25 PM
  3. cod4 froze durnin mission piss off!
    By Johnny Blaze in forum Gaming Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-26-2008, 04:42 PM
  4. New Aim Chatroom (other Froze?)
    By Phinz4Life in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-11-2005, 07:28 PM
  5. who the hell is DCH?
    By dolphinslifefan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-12-2003, 01:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •