Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well hell has certainly froze over

1. -21
    Life is what we make it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyboy View Post
    Dolphins always play Fisher teams well. And his current team is one of his worst

A couple nice pieces on defense, but with a poor D-line up the middle though, Miami should feast. Pouncey our center is playing at a Pro bowl level, miami's interior line is blocking the run well overall (especially against a subpar run defense like st louis)

The Rams pose the worst offense in the league without Amendola. You're ranked 30th on offense and you're 32nd without him. Dolphins pose the best Run D in the league, averaging just 2.7 YPC against. Not even Houston could run on us with just 83 yards on 35 carries, and that was on the road. Stephen jackson is old and not what he once was, you won't be able to get yards on us on the ground. Making your offense one dimensional, this is where miami will get some turnovers with the pressure on bradford and your poor receiving targets (have to say i liked Givens in the draft but that's hardly going to put the rams over the top).

Dolphins are heading into a BYE WEEK and will probably play very hard knowing they have some days off coming shortly. Jabar Gaffney will be active allowing Miami to run 3 and 4 WR sets extending the Rams defense attacking their 3rd and 4th CB's. Lamar Miller will be seeing more action (with D Thomas out) and he has been running the ball like Reggie Bush this year when he's in.

The Dolphins have been good at attacking linebackers in this west coast offense creating matchup advantages (though could be a little better making it perfect), and the LB play for the Rams is poor overall as a unit. The Rams are just horrible on the road, if it was in St Louis I'd worry a bit more as the Rams play much better there. Don't see the Dolphins losing at home this week to a Rams team after the way their last home game went, by really outplaying the Jets only to lose the way they did in OT.

Miami's headed into a bye week and they're home, will be ready to play bringing them to .500 and feeling good about themselves. The Rams are not a balanced team like the dolphins, they're not better than miami overall. and they are certainly not 2 games better than the dolphins, both teams will be 3-3 late Sunday afternoon.

Miami wins by 2 scores imo
    I approve this message.

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post
    I actually wish they didnt pick us. Florio is the biggest douche there is. Taking a shot by saying Miami wins close because Amendola is out. We would have won with him playing anyways - Smith would have shut him down easily.

Rams at Dolphins

MDS’s take: Hardly anyone has noticed it, but the Dolphins’ defense is actually quite good. Miami will put a lot of pressure on Sam Bradford and win a low-scoring game.
    MDS’s pick: Dolphins 14, Rams 10.

Florio’s take: Arguably the best game of the weekend, Rams coach Jeff Fisher gets a shot at the team he spurned. With tough defenses and underrated offenses, the Miami offense should be able to do more against the St. Louis defense than vice-versa, given the absence of Danny Amendola.
    Florio’s pick: Dolphins 14, Rams 12.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry/rumor-mill/
    he predicted us to score 14 pts, i think thats a season high for him so far.

i guarantee we score more than 14 pts. his hatred for miami is so obvious
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daphne, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaRamFan View Post
    I'm curious to know why some of the fans here think this will be such a guaranteed win for the Dolphins. I love Sean Smith, I think he's going to be a great CB, but right now he still gives up a few too many TD's. I think the greater concern for the Dolphins is who is playing as the #2 and #3 CB's. The Ram's don't have that #1 receiver so they are forced to spread the ball around (I guess as much as a low-powered offense can). Not really any specific person for Smith to "shut down" on Sunday. I also see a lot about the Dolphin's running game, but Bush has had 36 carries for 114 total, in the last two games. Somehow I don't see the Rams selling out to stop Bush.

Personally, I think the Dolphins will get a TD and a couple field goals and win. Rams will probably score 10. But I do think it will be close, so if someone has some insight on how the Rams will get beaten handily, or some serious match up disadvantage I'm missing, I'd love to know.
    You're completely right. The Dolphins aren't good enough for this to be a "guaranteed" win. We lost to the Jets when we should not have.

Having said that - I think the Dolphins should beat the Rams if they perform with the intensity that they have lately.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We're not to the point, where I expect us to roll through anyone.

Rams are playing tough football, but I think the match ups favor Miami.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tazthenomad View Post
    You're completely right. The Dolphins aren't good enough for this to be a "guaranteed" win. We lost to the Jets when we should not have.

Having said that - I think the Dolphins should beat the Rams if they perform with the intensity that they have lately.
    Ha! beat me to it.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm curious to know why some of the fans here think this will be such a guaranteed win for the Dolphins. I love Sean Smith, I think he's going to be a great CB, but right now he still gives up a few too many TD's. I think the greater concern for the Dolphins is who is playing as the #2 and #3 CB's. The Ram's don't have that #1 receiver so they are forced to spread the ball around (I guess as much as a low-powered offense can). Not really any specific person for Smith to "shut down" on Sunday. I also see a lot about the Dolphin's running game, but Bush has had 36 carries for 114 total, in the last two games. Somehow I don't see the Rams selling out to stop Bush.

Personally, I think the Dolphins will get a TD and a couple field goals and win. Rams will probably score 10. But I do think it will be close, so if someone has some insight on how the Rams will get beaten handily, or some serious match up disadvantage I'm missing, I'd love to know.
    14-10
    14-12

I suppose that significantly more points than a touchdown and two field goals right?
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    What the what? Shouldn't this be the other way around? Why would Fisher be motivated cause he spurned us.

OH...MY...GOODNESS! I would like to have a cage match with Florio...for charity of course...but no holds barred.

Yea, he tends to bring that out of most people that read or hear what he has to say.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    the annual ritual

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    in a bottle
    Thanks / No Thanks
    only golic & ditka on espn picked us to lose. no surprise on golic. he always does that.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks

Rams currently getting beat on the road by and average of 25-14.5
    Rams have lost 5 straight on the road dating back to last year.
    Bradford is 3-12 for his career on the road.

There are many more. Only way Miami loses is if we beat ourselves with turnovers.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Then we win by 2.. Dont cover but take the victory.. I dont care if we cover or not. I want the W
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305 View Post
    But he's right, this game is a toss up. The algorythms are against us. The likely hood of us covering 10 straight spreads against winning teams is slim. And we have a horrible home record over the last 4 years.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Well hell has certainly froze over

Quote Originally Posted by Greyboy View Post
    Dolphins always play Fisher teams well. And his current team is one of his worst

A couple nice pieces on defense, but with a poor D-line up the middle though, Miami should feast. Pouncey our center is playing at a Pro bowl level, miami's interior line is blocking the run well overall (especially against a subpar run defense like st louis)

The Rams pose the worst offense in the league without Amendola. You're ranked 30th on offense and you're 32nd without him. Dolphins pose the best Run D in the league, averaging just 2.7 YPC against. Not even Houston could run on us with just 83 yards on 35 carries, and that was on the road. Stephen jackson is old and not what he once was, you won't be able to get yards on us on the ground. Making your offense one dimensional, this is where miami will get some turnovers with the pressure on bradford and your poor receiving targets (have to say i liked Givens in the draft but that's hardly going to put the rams over the top).

Dolphins are heading into a BYE WEEK and will probably play very hard knowing they have some days off coming shortly. Jabar Gaffney will be active allowing Miami to run 3 and 4 WR sets extending the Rams defense attacking their 3rd and 4th CB's. Lamar Miller will be seeing more action (with D Thomas out) and he has been running the ball like Reggie Bush this year when he's in.

The Dolphins have been good at attacking linebackers in this west coast offense creating matchup advantages (though could be a little better making it perfect), and the LB play for the Rams is poor overall as a unit. The Rams are just horrible on the road, if it was in St Louis I'd worry a bit more as the Rams play much better there. Don't see the Dolphins losing at home this week to a Rams team after the way their last home game went, by really outplaying the Jets only to lose the way they did in OT.

Miami's headed into a bye week and they're home, will be ready to play bringing them to .500 and feeling good about themselves. The Rams are not a balanced team like the dolphins, they're not better than miami overall. and they are certainly not 2 games better than the dolphins, both teams will be 3-3 late Sunday afternoon.

Miami wins by 2 scores imo
    Appreciate your posts, can tell you're a knowledgable fan, but must say with you being positive things must be looking up.
    The way Jeff Ireland took a GM's dream worth of cap space and draft picks and made the team worse in borderline miraculous.
    Quote Quote