Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: Another Instance of Union Impropriety

  1. -21
    phinfan3411's Avatar
    pofo mofo

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,503
    vCash:
    2765
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://abcnews.go.com/Business/nasty...ry?id=14572790

    Just a link to back up some of the things I have been spouting.

    Very interesting reading, especially if you liked "The Sopranos". If it wasn't so truly sad, it would be funny, this is the crap you have to put up with when you live in a corrupt union laden state such as this.

    I also have to comment on the home owners association comparison, I feel this is a terrible comparison, it assumes that you have a similiar ability to choose both house and job. We bought a house about 6 years ago, and easily looked at 12-15 of them, in different neighborhoods, we could have continued for months, there were literally thousands that matched our criteria.

    It's been a while since i looked for a job (thankfully), but i'm pretty sure MOST people are not fortunate enough to pick between thousands of offers, in this day and age many would be happy with ONE offer...so i feel that is a terrible comparison.

    By the way, there are many more examples of this, just from my little area of the country, i just have to remember all the numbers of the local unions to give you the data. It is NOT isolated incident, i had to ask my friend what the number was of this union to find it though...have a bad memory.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    phinfan3411's Avatar
    pofo mofo

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,503
    vCash:
    2765
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    LOL, you call me silly and ridicule my posts, then you dismiss me casually. C'mon man, you gotta bring better than that. You want me to produce evidence for your argument? Tell ya what, YOU go find me the union literature that states you have to go on your own time to support political figures that do not pertain to your job. You claim that a politician affects the job because of the policies they may bring. I defy you to show me a sitting politician that has done more to cost union jobs than the union officers that price themselves out of competitive bid jobs. I'll wait. I know it's a long trip back to Bizarro World.

    As far as being a silly person......didn't you admit you have no knowledge of unions? And here you are ridiculing someone that has a lifetime of first hand experience of unions in action. Must be nice to have been born omniscient. (That's probably a big word for you, which you clearly don't know anything about)

    Mo, you have been missed...that is all.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    MoFinz's Avatar
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    3,052
    vCash:
    1016
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    Mo, you have been missed...that is all.

    Thanks, I've missed being around. Place hardly seems the same


    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    6,770
    vCash:
    18958
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    LOL, you call me silly and ridicule my posts, then you dismiss me casually.
    I dunno. I think I'm dismissing you pretty actively, actually.

    You want me to produce evidence for your argument? Tell ya what, YOU go find me the union literature that states you have to go on your own time to support political figures that do not pertain to your job.
    I wasn't asking you for evidence to support my argument. I was asking for evidence -- any evidence -- regarding my specific question. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. But despite your "lifetime" of first hand experience you don't seem to be able to rebut my supposition, which probably means that you can't.

    Edit: And now I know why. This is from the SEIU bylaws:

    Quote Originally Posted by SEIU Bylaws
    SEIU Bill of Rights and Responsibilities in the Union

    The right to have opinions heard and respected, to be informed of union activity, to be educated in union values and union skills.

    The right to choose the leaders of the union in a fair and democratic manner.

    The right to a full accounting of union dues and the proper stewardship over union resources.

    The right to participate in the union’s bargaining efforts and to approve union contracts.

    The right to have members’ concerns resolved in a fair and expeditious manner.

    The responsibility to help build a strong and more effective labor movement, to support the organizing of unorganized workers, to help build a political voice for working people, and to stand up for one’s co-workers and all workers.

    The responsibility to contribute to the support of the union.

    The responsibility to treat all workers and members fairly.

    The responsibility to offer constructive criticism of the union.
    Here's the link (page 43): https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...4kUeJJRWHpTd4A

    Now if you don't mind, a fine lunch of nectar and ambrosia awaits me on Mt. Olympus.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    MoFinz's Avatar
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    3,052
    vCash:
    1016
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    I dunno. I think I'm dismissing you pretty actively, actually.



    I wasn't asking you for evidence to support my argument. I was asking for evidence -- any evidence -- regarding my specific question. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. But despite your "lifetime" of first hand experience you don't seem to be able to rebut my supposition, which probably means that you can't.

    Edit: And now I know why. This is from the SEIU bylaws:



    Here's the link (page 43): https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...4kUeJJRWHpTd4A

    Now if you don't mind, a fine lunch of nectar and ambrosia awaits me on Mt. Olympus.
    Understand context much? Building a political voice is a part of that whole line, but nowhere in that line does it impose a penalty for failure to participate in a union supported event. The union bosses are the political voice for the workers. You dont see workers at an arbiters table during a negotiation. Political issues, like labor issues, are handled above the worker grade.
    The second line you highlight? Refers to the monetary and devotional support, it's not a demand for political fealty.
    Now...since you've become the expert on unions, look up in there and tell me what the term "salting" means. After you've wiped the nectar and ambrosia from you chin.
    Next time, do some independent thinking and don't rely on a weak word in one line that doesn't exactly buttress your argument.

    p.s. Hope lunch was good.....ambrosia usually makes me gassy
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    6,770
    vCash:
    18958
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    Understand context much? Building a political voice is a part of that whole line, but nowhere in that line does it impose a penalty for failure to participate in a union supported event.
    So on your planet there's no relationship between marching and holding up signs and building a political voice? Neato. What do you call it?

    Quote Originally Posted by SEIU Bylaws
    14.The Executive Board of each Local Union shall appoint such committees as it deems necessary to carry out the organizing, political action, social and economic justice and retiree programs and policies of this International Union.
    That must not mean anything either. And there's no way that failing to discharge one's duty could lead to any sort of a punishment, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by SEIU Bylaws, Trials and Appeals section
    PREAMBLE. In order to ensure members’ protection from the filing of frivolous charges, the following
    procedures shall apply:

    Section 1. Local Unions, their officers or members, and officers of any affiliated body, and officers of the International Union, as the case may be, may be charged with:

    (1) Violation of any specific provision of this Constitution or of the Constitution and Bylaws of the Local Union...

    ...Section 5. The trial body, after requisite due process has been afforded, may impose such penalty as it deems appropriate and as the case requires.
    D'oh!
    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    MoFinz's Avatar
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    3,052
    vCash:
    1016
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    So on your planet there's no relationship between marching and holding up signs and building a political voice? Neato. What do you call it?



    That must not mean anything either. And there's no way that failing to discharge one's duty could lead to any sort of a punishment, right?



    D'oh!
    D'oh is right. Or did you hear the guy in the video make reference to his due process? No? I wonder, could that maybe be because there would be no due process?

    You just don't want to see do you?
    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    6,770
    vCash:
    18958
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    D'oh is right. Or did you hear the guy in the video make reference to his due process? No? I wonder, could that maybe be because there would be no due process?

    You just don't want to see do you?
    Yeah, amazing that in a 23 second video they didn't get to that. LOL.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    MoFinz's Avatar
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    3,052
    vCash:
    1016
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Yeah, amazing that in a 23 second video they didn't get to that. LOL.

    LOL yeah......maybe because there is no due process.....just the fine. How ya doing with that salting definition btw? Bet ya find that interesting
    Quote Quote  

  10. -30
    LouPhinFan's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    4,645
    vCash:
    5103
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Did I see that someone used the term "willingly join a union" in this thread? LOL at that. Most jobs that I know of that are union MAKE you join the union.

    I've been apart of one union in my life; the cashiers/baggers union when I worked at a grocery store during college. I asked them if I had to join the union and they said "no, but we're still going to take our dues". Try working in a Ford plant and not join the union. Laughable.

    Unions wield more power in this country than they should.
    Insert pithy saying here.

    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. I am forever the optimist.... for instance this game with Arizona...
    By olivadotti in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-25-2012, 12:02 PM
  2. State of the Union
    By poornate in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 254
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 03:08 PM
  3. The union way up
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 07:25 PM
  4. Garbrielle Union
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum The Ladies Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-21-2006, 08:00 PM
  5. State of the Union
    By Ferretsquig in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 02:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •