Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Egnew update: Philbin seeing "progress"

1. -1
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

Egnew update: Philbin seeing "progress"

"Hes making progress. As you guys know, the system in Missouri was a little bit different. Obviously, he was a very productive college player and were hopeful that he can make the transition to the Miami Dolphin offense sooner as opposed to later. But were seeing development. Hes got to be able to play a little more inline. He didnt do a whole lot of that at Missouri and hes starting to get used to having his hand down in a three-point stance, being involved in pass protection and more involved in the run blocking than hes ever been as well as the route running aspects of it. Were seeing progress.

I really hope Egnew can develop into a solid seem threat TE.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This coaching staff have worked wonders in the very short time they have been here, but I am not sure how much they have to work with in Egnew. I still am holding out hope, but it wouldn't surprise me if they are working with a lost cause with this guy.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinatic1399 View Post
    "He’s making progress. As you guys know, the system in Missouri was a little bit different. Obviously, he was a very productive college player and we’re hopeful that he can make the transition to the Miami Dolphin offense sooner as opposed to later. But we’re seeing development. He’s got to be able to play a little more inline. He didn’t do a whole lot of that at Missouri and he’s starting to get used to having his hand down in a three-point stance, being involved in pass protection and more involved in the run blocking than he’s ever been as well as the route running aspects of it. We’re seeing progress.”

LOL at all the posters who say to cut him. It's called developing players people. And for the first time in years we have a coach who can do it. I am excited to see what a year under Philbin does for this guy.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I guess learning how to buckle up his chin-strap can be considered "progress" for Egnew
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Touchdown

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    DeFuniak Springs Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Hopefully he develops quickly and is able to contibute or the Dolphins may have to free up his roster spot.

Just win Phin baby!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    maybe they should let him do some of the things he did in college. After all, they drafted him based on that. I've seen video of him where he did real good in the red zone.

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just don't like tight ends who are "body catchers" rather than hands catchers.

That to go along with Egnew's many flaws both mentally and physically. That's not to say he can't make it in time and make a complete 180 by working hard (like Bess and Bush do) and busting his arse lifting weights. but I'm not holding out hope for him. I just think it would take a major miracle to see Egnew perform for us next year as Charles Clay performed last year with that kind of ability

And Clay is not showing much this year after those very nice flashes last season. The NFL is a very tough game to master. You can't have your guard down and rest on your laurels (as we witnessed last year when the Dolphins went 0-7 to start the season coming in out of shape)
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinatic1399 View Post
    "He’s making progress. As you guys know, the system in Missouri was a little bit different. Obviously, he was a very productive college player and we’re hopeful that he can make the transition to the Miami Dolphin offense sooner as opposed to later. But we’re seeing development. He’s got to be able to play a little more inline. He didn’t do a whole lot of that at Missouri and he’s starting to get used to having his hand down in a three-point stance, being involved in pass protection and more involved in the run blocking than he’s ever been as well as the route running toaspects of it. We’re seeing progress.”

He's a bust because you know he is the only third rounder in the history that took time to developed.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Seeing progress in what? Tying his shoe laces?
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    >tfw dolphins fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    lol

Most people around here expect every draft pick to start right away or they're considered a bust.

Hell, for all we know this guy will never see the field. But FFS he's a third round draft pick. They don't always light the world on fire. Perspective, please.
    Quote Quote