Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wes welker back to Miami n 2013

1. -41
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=Noodleman;1064456860]
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Yea deion branch and gaffney are so good they make him a 110 catch receiver thats rediculous give the man some damn credit[/QU

Sorry man. I would not feel so good about Miami having Welker as the guy "to take pressure" off the other receivers. He is not a number 1. Has nothing to do with numbers although I will always argue he is a product of the his system. Lol like how you are overlooking Randy Moss and Gronk. I think that is ridiculous or in your words rediculous!lol
    Yea somehow my computer typed whatever it wanted but if he is just a product of the system whey hasnt anyone ever produced like he has in that system. No system in the entire history of the NFL has had a average receiver have 4 110 catch seasons
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Formerly Fiedler for MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    A van down by the river
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1. Welker burned bridges on his way out. He's a dbag.
    2. We have an excellent slot receiver.

"Ryan Tannehill out-Brady'ed Brady"- DanPatrick
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    No. We need a strong outside reciever. We have the inside guys already.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We have bess we do not need welker.
    "Five yards is my life!" - Don Shula to a referee who had told Shula to quit arguing, that the penalty he just called was only five yards
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Orleans/Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleman View Post
    Uh how about Moss? I know he is easy to overlook. Gronk and Hernandez? Seriously ppl....Welker is good but he is not a true number 1. He plays the slot and there is no way he would open up the offense if he were on Miami. Are you honestly going to say that teams would not be able to shut him down if he was on Miami right now? Sorry I will respectfully disagree.lol
    How many times has he ever had 10+ tds in a season? That would be NEVER. Ya he is the man in NE.lol
    Anyone arguing Welker is a prototypical number 1 is missing the point here. I'm arguing your assessment that welker is no good, hes just a product of the system and "others" taking pressure off him so he just walks into 1100+ yard seasons year in an year out. When Moss was there, Welker just meandered his way to 112, 111, and 123 reception seasons. When Moss crumbled into a shell of an NFL WR, welker still put up 86 receptions and 900 yards..... coming off a torn ACL in the last week of the season. Gronk is great, Hernandez is great, but that doesn't discredit Wes one bit, he is unguardable in the slot.

If you think he could get shut down in our offense, then you must just think he is some scrub, because as much as I love davone bess, welker blows him out of the water, even now at his "old age".

I don't think we should bring him in at all, feel like he burned his bridges and that ship has sailed a long time ago, but if you watched NE play since 2007... one guy is the focal point of that offense that makes it move up and down the field..... and thats been Wes
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by damanref10 View Post
    Anyone arguing Welker is a prototypical number 1 is missing the point here. I'm arguing your assessment that welker is no good, hes just a product of the system and "others" taking pressure off him so he just walks into 1100+ yard seasons year in an year out. When Moss was there, Welker just meandered his way to 112, 111, and 123 reception seasons. When Moss crumbled into a shell of an NFL WR, welker still put up 86 receptions and 900 yards..... coming off a torn ACL in the last week of the season. Gronk is great, Hernandez is great, but that doesn't discredit Wes one bit, he is unguardable in the slot.

If you think he could get shut down in our offense, then you must just think he is some scrub, because as much as I love davone bess, welker blows him out of the water, even now at his "old age".

I don't think we should bring him in at all, feel like he burned his bridges and that ship has sailed a long time ago, but if you watched NE play since 2007... one guy is the focal point of that offense that makes it move up and down the field..... and thats been Wes
    Not once did I ever say Welker is no good. My point is that he is not a prototypical number 1 receiver. Plain and simple. He makes lots of catches but he doesn't put up large YPC numbers and scores few TDS. That tells me he is a great guy between the 20s and a chain mover but not the true go to guy. In Miami they need a true go to guy...Welker is not that guy period. It would be interesting to see how many passes Welker has caught more than 6-7 yards down field. I would rather have bowe or wallace and keep bess and hartline. Welker has no place here. Lastly, I disagree with you that Welker "blows Bess out of the water"....Bess easily put up better stats in Miami's offense than Welker. The only way you could truly get a good comparison is to put them on the same team. Bess is an excellent slot receiver and Welker is as well but neither is a number one!
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just say no to Welker.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Orleans/Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleman View Post
    Not once did I ever say Welker is no good. My point is that he is not a prototypical number 1 receiver. Plain and simple. He makes lots of catches but he doesn't put up large YPC numbers and scores few TDS. That tells me he is a great guy between the 20s and a chain mover but not the true go to guy. In Miami they need a true go to guy...Welker is not that guy period. It would be interesting to see how many passes Welker has caught more than 6-7 yards down field. I would rather have bowe or wallace and keep bess and hartline. Welker has no place here. Lastly, I disagree with you that Welker "blows Bess out of the water"....Bess easily put up better stats in Miami's offense than Welker. The only way you could truly get a good comparison is to put them on the same team. Bess is an excellent slot receiver and Welker is as well but neither is a number one!
    I disagree with you about bess vs. welker, but other than that, I agree with this explanation. When someone uses the phrase, "product of the system"... that usually means they aren't very good but are.... simply a result of the system.

We both agree he is not a prototypical number 1.
    I would much rather have wallace and bowe... but just because of age vs bowe. i think bowe is beyond a waste of money... terrible hands. and only produces in garbage time
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No way I want that brown nosed snobby dip**** on this team.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by damanref10 View Post
    I disagree with you about bess vs. welker, but other than that, I agree with this explanation. When someone uses the phrase, "product of the system"... that usually means they aren't very good but are.... simply a result of the system.

We both agree he is not a prototypical number 1.
    I would much rather have wallace and bowe... but just because of age vs bowe. i think bowe is beyond a waste of money... terrible hands. and only produces in garbage time
    I like Bowe....but if I had my choice I would prefer Wallace. Nice to have that speed to stretch the field. Of course if Jennings is healthy, I would rather have him over both.lol
    Quote Quote