Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Romney's Tax Plan

1. -21
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post

That’s just incorrect though, a variable pre-paid forward contract, which is the example I gave you can be taken advantage of by any individual who is looking to invest their money.

Save me the lecture on civility, you have never passed up a chance to demean me or insinuate I was somehow ignorant or delusional simply because I disagree with you. I caught you being disingenuous, just fess up to it.
    I've already responded to the pre-paid forward contract. It's peanuts, and wouldn't do anything to counter the revenue lost from the tax rate decreases. Individuals dodge taxes by using tax evasion tactics such as hiding money overseas, they don't utilize tax loopholes like corporations do. There's really very little room in the tax code for individuals to avoid taxes. Almost all of the significant loopholes were taken care of in the Tax Reform Act of 1986.

BTW i didn't insinuate you were ignorant, I flat out told you that believing the Earth is 4000 years old is ignorant. There's a difference.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Romney's Tax Plan

Quote Originally Posted by JackFinfan View Post
    I've already responded to the pre-paid forward contract. It's peanuts, and wouldn't do anything to counter the revenue lost from the tax rate decreases. Individuals dodge taxes by using tax evasion tactics such as hiding money overseas, they don't utilize tax loopholes like corporations do. There's really very little room in the tax code for individuals to avoid taxes. Almost all of the significant loopholes were taken care of in the Tax Reform Act of 1986.

BTW i didn't insinuate you were ignorant, I flat out told you that believing the Earth is 4000 years old is ignorant. There's a difference.
    Actually, he said 6 thousand years old. I mistakenly said he thought it was 8 thousand years and he was not happy. I know, 8 thousand years is way too old. Smh.
    Quote Quote