Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stonewall paul: Ryan mum on tax details

Hybrid View

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Stonewall paul: Ryan mum on tax details

During Thursday evening's debate, vice presidential candidate Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) did not offer new details on the Romney campaign's promise to slash taxes without losing the government a ton of revenue.
    The centrist Tax Policy Center has
    analyzed the plan and concluded that it would create wide budget deficits unless the Romney administration hiked taxes on the middle class. The Romney campaign has insisted that it would not.

"What we are saying is lower tax rates across the board and close loopholes, primarily to the higher-income people," Ryan said on Thursday. "We have three bottom lines: Don't raise the deficit, don't raise taxes on the middle class and don't lower the share of income that is borne by the high-income earners."
    Among other things, the plan would cut all individual income tax rates by 20 percent.

"Let's talk about this 20 percent," debate moderator Martha Raddatz said to Ryan. "You have refused yet again to offer specifics on how you pay for that 20 percent across-the-board tax cut. Do you actually have the specifics, or are you still working on it, and that's why you won't tell voters?"

Ryan said that his plan would deny loopholes and deductions for higher-income earners, but he didn't specify whether the plan might target deductions for mortgage interest or charitable giving, for instance. "We want to work with Congress on how best to achieve this," he said.

Raddatz asked, "You guarantee this math will add up?"

"Six studies have verified that this adds up," Ryan said, repeating a claim Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney made in last week's debate against President Obama.
    The claim is debatable. As
    HuffPost has reported, three of the studies are blog posts or op-eds, and one was paid for by Romney for President Inc. (And the author of two of the pieces highlighted by the Romney campaign suggested the tax plan only works by eliminating tax preferences for people making more than $100,000.) But the supporting research for Romney's plan argues that the Tax Policy Center ignores the way the Romney tax reform would boost the economy, resulting in additional revenue.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_1961233.html
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Its obvious that the Romney Tax Plan and deficit reduction plan is a fantasy... There is a better chance that we all end up on planet Kolob after we die than Romney's "plan" ever being feasible.
    FIRE FAILBIN

Joe Philbin, PowerPoint Guru (Not Head Coach Material)
    Philbin ... put it all together in a PowerPoint presentation. Everything about that presentation had to be perfect.

ďIf any PowerPoint slide had a spelling or grammar mistake, any typo, any scheme error, that was my responsibility, just like a teacher,Ē Philbin said.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    Its obvious that the Romney Tax Plan and deficit reduction plan is a fantasy... There is a better chance that we all end up on planet Kolob after we die than Romney's "plan" ever being feasible.
    How on Earth is that "obvious"? The Obama campaign won't ever give the specifics on what exactly a "fair share" is, so does that mean it's obvious his tax plan is a fantasy as well? Obama supporters are really starting to grasp at straws now, it’s complete desperation mode because they know they’re going to lose in November, and lose big.
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    How on Earth is that "obvious"? The Obama campaign won't ever give the specifics on what exactly a "fair share" is, so does that mean it's obvious his tax plan is a fantasy as well? Obama supporters are really starting to grasp at straws now, it’s complete desperation mode because they know they’re going to lose in November, and lose big.
    FYI, I don't support Obama.

Gary Johnson 2012

And to answer your question, yes, they are both fantasies. I don't believe ANY of these guys have a sound plan to lower the deficit. They are both just giving lip service.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm usually not very impressed with Biden. The guy puts his foot in his mouth far too often. But he knocked it out of the park last night. I actually laughed out loud when Ryan claimed that they would lower taxes 20% to raise revenue, and Biden just states that it isn't mathematically possible. Calling out Lyin' Ryan when he inevitably started talking out of his ass was something I was hoping Biden would do. I'm glad he did. The man had no response to Biden, all night...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I'm usually not very impressed with Biden. The guy puts his foot in his mouth far too often. But he knocked it out of the park last night. I actually laughed out loud when Ryan claimed that they would lower taxes 20% to raise revenue, and Biden just states that it isn't mathematically possible. Calling out Lyin' Ryan when he inevitably started talking out of his ass was something I was hoping Biden would do. I'm glad he did. The man had no response to Biden, all night...
    Must have been a kiddy park.

Great come back Joe Biden says it's mathematically impossible......oh jez I'm convinced....lol....he also said that no one in Benghazi ever requested more security..... funny how the opposite was stated that they did request additional security at the House Committee Hearings......But we won't talk about that

So now Good old Joe Biden, the intellectual giant, born and raised with a foot in his mouth the Guru for truth and accuracy..Hey if Crazy Joe said it you know it must be true.

Everybody preferences Joe by saying it's just crazy Joe doing his thing and he gets away with it ...but this guy is next up if something ever happened to the president, hmmmm well now that I think about it we might be better off.......nevermind

Hey it's a good sign to see , " Your usually not very impressed with Biden. The guy puts his foot in his mouth far too often......" ya think ?
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cuzinvinny View Post

Great come back Joe Biden says it's mathematically impossible......oh jez I'm convinced....lol....he also said that no one in Benghazi ever requested more security..... funny how the opposite was stated that they did request additional security at the House Committee Hearings......But we won't talk about that

So now Good old Joe Biden, the intellectual giant, born and raised with a foot in his mouth the Guru for truth and accuracy..Hey if Crazy Joe said it you know it must be true.

Everybody preferences Joe by saying it's just crazy Joe doing his thing and he gets away with it ...but this guy is next up if something ever happened to the president, hmmmm well now that I think about it we might be better off.......nevermind

Hey it's a good sign to see , " Your usually not very impressed with Biden. The guy puts his foot in his mouth far too often......" ya think ?
    You take that back! You take it all back! You know as well as I do that even if something is not true before Joe Biden said it was true it BECOMES true simply because Joe says it is true!! The man is the very standard of truth! :-P
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post

You take that back! You take it all back! You know as well as I do that even if something is not true before Joe Biden said it was true it BECOMES true simply because Joe says it is true!! The man is the very standard of truth! :-P
    I wonder if he had to practice his puffing, laughing, and timely interuptions as much as he practiced that nauseating, melodramatic soliloquy about being a bipolar Catholic (a devout Catholic who values life but allocates funds to Planned Parenthood who exists solely to distribute contraception and advocate abortion) there at the end. What a P.O.S.!
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks

"oh jez I'm convinced....lol"

When sarcastically referring someone to an "intellectual giant", I'd be extra sure you aren't casting stones out of a glass house.

You don't have to believe Biden, but math doesn't lie. That's the problem with you partisan hacks; you're incapable of looking at what people are saying because you don't like the person saying it. What business could you run that raises profits by lowering income? Answer me that question...
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    "oh jez I'm convinced....lol"

When sarcastically referring someone to an "intellectual giant", I'd be extra sure you aren't casting stones out of a glass house.

With all due respect, I am sure he at least knows what a peer-reviewed journal looks like.

What business could you run that raises profits by lowering income? Answer me that question...

Are you for real? You’re the kind of guy who “knows” you can’t increase revenue by lowering prices! You’re the kind of guy who’d claim a heavier than air flying machine will never work because Physics doesn’t lie! Your ignorance when it comes to basic economics is downright scary, you increase revenue by increasing the tax base and growing the economy, you do both of those by cutting taxes on the job creators in America. By bashing on Romney you are indirectly supporting someone who thinks that you can fix the debt crisis through more stimulus and phantom savings by extrapolating two ended wars out for ten years and that paying a higher percentage in taxes than everyone else is still somehow less than a "fair share", give me a break.
    Quote Quote