Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stonewall paul: Ryan mum on tax details

1. -21
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    was intelligent (accepted that evolution and climate change were happening),

Creationists believe evolution happens, they just reject common descent, I love how you equivocate on the term evolution to try and prove your point. Additionally, nobody argues that climates don’t change, that’s obvious, what people argue about is whether the change we observe is anthropomorphic or not, which is a legitimate debate. I personally think that viewing abortion as a woman’s rights issue rather than a human rights issue is rather un-intelligent, so maybe Huntsman really was not that bright.
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Stonewall paul: Ryan mum on tax details

Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Cain would have been a disaster, and would have been destroyed in the general election. His extreme right wing views on all social issues would have alienated both the youth and independent vote. The GoP were smart to toss him to the side when they did. Huntsman was willing to be bipartisan, was truly small government (he had no plans to try to chime in on abortion, gay marriage, etc), was intelligent (accepted that evolution and climate change were happening), and most of all, was an intelligent and likeable guy. Of course, these are all things that the Republican base, and especially the extreme right wing, hate in their politicians, so no one gave him the light of day...
    You are probably right about Cain and the social issues although most people in the middle are most concerned with the economy right now. I mostly vote with my wallet and want the government out of my business on most everything so Cain's social views didn't bother me. I agree with the morality he spoke of (not what he demonstrated in adultery) but do not agree with mandating it. God gives us free will, so should the government. Then, we have to be responsible for our choices.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    He is far from an idiot, at least as far as business and the economy goes. He would have been very inexperienced as a politician in the White House but his ideas are sound. The establishment crushed him though, both GOP and Dems alike. They don't like outsiders playing on their playground.
    Cain didn't pass the basic threshold of credibility. His act was clownish and his buffoonery and ignorance readily apparent. It charmed a few people bored by a stolid race but when it gets down to it any party out of power thinks the incumbent president is weaker than they are and generally moves to nominate someone who won't get disqualified on basic incompetence.

It's not the "establishment" or any of that bull**** that does that. It's rank and file common sense playing the turnover margin game rather than going for fake punts in their own territory. That kind of thinking is always going to disqualify the Herman Cains and the Dennis Kucinichs who populate the presidential stage.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think that Cain's veiws are nearly so extreme as Kucinich's although that may just be perspective as I lean pretty far right to begin with so Cain's views seem pretty normal to me. I do think that he has a lot of economic credibility although he certainly lacked any tangible experience on the world stage. However, should he have been elected, he would have had more leadership experience than did Obama at his time of election. Obama won a popularity contest against one of the weakest candidates that the GOP has presented in quite some time. Thus, mine and a lot of conservative's mourning for the lack of a real candidate. Romney is the best we have available but he certainly isn't what I want.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wish that a president in modern times would actually treat Americans like adults. We can see that there is an economic crisis. And as with any crisis, real hard decisions need to be made. Sacrifices. Every family these days has to get together and have a talk and discuss strategy, why can't the government do that with us?

Heads of households everywhere in the country are bringing the kids together and saying that if we are to survive this, we need to make some sacrifices. See:
    Family, I brought you all here tonight because we have a problem. Times are tough, and I was recently forced to take a pay cut to stay employed, and unfortunately, we are still being crushed with debt. As such, we will need to make some changes if we are to make it through this. What bills can we do without? I'm sorry Timmy, I know you love ESPN, but we need to cut cable in order to lower our costs and meet our budget. Sally, I recognize that your gym membership is helping you lead a healthy and active lifestyle, but the monthly bill is too much right now, that is getting cut too. Kids, I know you all have obligations with school, but we need you to do more. We will need you to look into taking a job out of school hours to help contribute to the family income. Are you with me?
    If these supposed leaders would shoot it straight, and level with us, I think the American FAMILY could all get on board with this. CUTS to our favorite programs, TAX HIKES, we could all do it, if these guys would level with us, and actually put all this sacrifice toward LOWERING our deficit and getting our budget in order. There are not many easy cuts, we recognize that. These programs normally serve some purpose to benefit someone in our American family. But that's why they call it sacrifice. And yes, that means cuts to even our most sacred programs like the military. Defense spending is out of control. As Gary Johnson said, defense spending should be about DEFENSE, not OFFENSE! There are a ton of other programs that could be cut.

I just wish they would all stop being politicians for once, and actually be leaders. Leading means making difficult decisions, not promising the ****ing world and turning a blind eye to the troubles ahead.
    FIRE FAILBIN
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    I wish that a president in modern times would actually treat Americans like adults. We can see that there is an economic crisis. And as with any crisis, real hard decisions need to be made. Sacrifices. Every family these days has to get together and have a talk and discuss strategy, why can't the government do that with us?

Heads of households everywhere in the country are bringing the kids together and saying that if we are to survive this, we need to make some sacrifices. See:

If these supposed leaders would shoot it straight, and level with us, I think the American FAMILY could all get on board with this. CUTS to our favorite programs, TAX HIKES, we could all do it, if these guys would level with us, and actually put all this sacrifice toward LOWERING our deficit and getting our budget in order. There are not many easy cuts, we recognize that. These programs normally serve some purpose to benefit someone in our American family. But that's why they call it sacrifice. And yes, that means cuts to even our most sacred programs like the military. Defense spending is out of control. As Gary Johnson said, defense spending should be about DEFENSE, not OFFENSE! There are a ton of other programs that could be cut.

I just wish they would all stop being politicians for once, and actually be leaders. Leading means making difficult decisions, not promising the ****ing world and turning a blind eye to the troubles ahead.
    My name is Buddy Hand and I approve this message! I would look out for the black helicopters and Suburbans outside your house tonight for making sense...that crap will get you shot.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post

I think most of us on this forum and other politically savvy individuals would vote for someone who told the truth and played it straight. Unfortunately I believe the majority of America doesn't want to hear the truth. Most American's want sunshine blown up their @ss.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JackFinfan View Post
    I think most of us on this forum and other politically savvy individuals would vote for someone who told the truth and played it straight. Unfortunately I believe the majority of America doesn't want to hear the truth. Most American's want sunshine blown up their @ss.
    In addition to the sunshine, they want to know what is in it for them and don't seen to care much how it affects everyone the country as a whole. It is the "Me" generation for sure.

Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    "oh jez I'm convinced....lol"

When sarcastically referring someone to an "intellectual giant", I'd be extra sure you aren't casting stones out of a glass house.

You don't have to believe Biden, but math doesn't lie. That's the problem with you partisan hacks; you're incapable of looking at what people are saying because you don't like the person saying it. What business could you run that raises profits by lowering income? Answer me that question...
    After reading your post to Buddy about both sides needing to compromise, was surprised to see that we are in agreement. Feel your 100% right. There is alot of money sitting out there waiting to see some kind of stability with taxes and control of excessive gov. regulations, who intern will invest and create jobs and a much greater pool of tax payers to kitty in. And IMO most critical cut spending. And if we actually took cutting spending serious I'd have no problems with the rich paying more taxes. But need to see ligitimate legislation in the cutting dept. because Usually more revenue has just meant more spending. And finally we will have to come to odds that we all are going to have to make some serious sacrifices to bring down this deficet....

Hey I'll have you know I've spend major bucks on windex and I'am constanly cleaning the parts of my house that remain... damn stones...
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cuzinvinny View Post
    After reading your post to Buddy about both sides needing to compromise, was surprised to see that we are in agreement. Feel your 100% right. There is alot of money sitting out there waiting to see some kind of stability with taxes and control of excessive gov. regulations, who intern will invest and create jobs and a much greater pool of tax payers to kitty in. And IMO most critical cut spending. And if we actually took cutting spending serious I'd have no problems with the rich paying more taxes. But need to see ligitimate legislation in the cutting dept. because Usually more revenue has just meant more spending. And finally we will have to come to odds that we all are going to have to make some serious sacrifices to bring down this deficet....

Hey I'll have you know I've spend major bucks on windex and I'am constanly cleaning the parts of my house that remain... damn stones...
    When it comes down to it, i think most reasonable people would really support an administration - regardless of its party - that truly cut spending to the bone and raised taxes in order to pay down the deficit. The special interests and lobbyists are crushing our economy by creating favor and exceptions for their groups while screwing everyone else. Most all of our current politicians pander to one group or another at someone else's expense and we, as taxpayers and voters need to demand more. I an quickly beginning to believe that a reset of the party system and media here in the United States needs to happen sooner rather than later.

Quote Quote