Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Stonewall paul: Ryan mum on tax details

  1. -11
    Statler Waldorf's Avatar
    Bench Warmer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    1,258
    vCash:
    1240
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cuzinvinny View Post
    Must have been a kiddy park.
    Quote Originally Posted by cuzinvinny View Post

    Great come back Joe Biden says it's mathematically impossible......oh jez I'm convinced....lol....he also said that no one in Benghazi ever requested more security..... funny how the opposite was stated that they did request additional security at the House Committee Hearings......But we won't talk about that

    So now Good old Joe Biden, the intellectual giant, born and raised with a foot in his mouth the Guru for truth and accuracy..Hey if Crazy Joe said it you know it must be true.

    Everybody preferences Joe by saying it's just crazy Joe doing his thing and he gets away with it ...but this guy is next up if something ever happened to the president, hmmmm well now that I think about it we might be better off.......nevermind

    Hey it's a good sign to see , " Your usually not very impressed with Biden. The guy puts his foot in his mouth far too often......" ya think ?
    You take that back! You take it all back! You know as well as I do that even if something is not true before Joe Biden said it was true it BECOMES true simply because Joe says it is true!! The man is the very standard of truth! :-P
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,720
    vCash:
    3742
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cuzinvinny View Post
    Must have been a kiddy park.

    Great come back Joe Biden says it's mathematically impossible......oh jez I'm convinced....lol....he also said that no one in Benghazi ever requested more security..... funny how the opposite was stated that they did request additional security at the House Committee Hearings......But we won't talk about that

    So now Good old Joe Biden, the intellectual giant, born and raised with a foot in his mouth the Guru for truth and accuracy..Hey if Crazy Joe said it you know it must be true.

    Everybody preferences Joe by saying it's just crazy Joe doing his thing and he gets away with it ...but this guy is next up if something ever happened to the president, hmmmm well now that I think about it we might be better off.......nevermind

    Hey it's a good sign to see , " Your usually not very impressed with Biden. The guy puts his foot in his mouth far too often......" ya think ?
    "oh jez I'm convinced....lol"

    When sarcastically referring someone to an "intellectual giant", I'd be extra sure you aren't casting stones out of a glass house.

    You don't have to believe Biden, but math doesn't lie. That's the problem with you partisan hacks; you're incapable of looking at what people are saying because you don't like the person saying it. What business could you run that raises profits by lowering income? Answer me that question...

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    3,377
    vCash:
    10372
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You know what all of the hullabaloo about the details of the tax plan and it being revenue neutral is all about don't you? All of this CBO projections stuff is straight up crap! No one on the stage cares a thing about whether it is revenue neutryal, they want Romney and Ryan to say that the other part of their plan is to gut the entitlements and lower spending.

    I, for one, hope that they lower taxes 20% or better and take all of the deductions out...yes, all of them! Then, I hope that they cut federal spending by about 30% - make the government understand what it is like to operate on a revenue positive or at least neutral budget. The deficit and debt is killing our country! Who gives a flying fart whether the tax plan is revenue neutral? That type of thinking is not going to help us as it insinuates that spending can not be lowered. I know that slashing spending is not popular but I assure you that it is the fastest and most fool proof way to fix our economy and our fiscal government.

    I am going to vote for Romney/Ryan but for God's sake, I wish that a real conservative would stand up!
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,720
    vCash:
    3742
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    You know what all of the hullabaloo about the details of the tax plan and it being revenue neutral is all about don't you? All of this CBO projections stuff is straight up crap! No one on the stage cares a thing about whether it is revenue neutryal, they want Romney and Ryan to say that the other part of their plan is to gut the entitlements and lower spending.

    I, for one, hope that they lower taxes 20% or better and take all of the deductions out...yes, all of them! Then, I hope that they cut federal spending by about 30% - make the government understand what it is like to operate on a revenue positive or at least neutral budget. The deficit and debt is killing our country! Who gives a flying fart whether the tax plan is revenue neutral? That type of thinking is not going to help us as it insinuates that spending can not be lowered. I know that slashing spending is not popular but I assure you that it is the fastest and most fool proof way to fix our economy and our fiscal government.

    I am going to vote for Romney/Ryan but for God's sake, I wish that a real conservative would stand up!
    Great post, my friend.

    Both sides will need to compromise on this. I know that's a bad word in Washington these days, but it's the truth. If we want to clear this deficit, we need to increase revenue and decrease spending. That means Republicans need to allow taxes to be raised where it's feasible, and Democrats need to allow cuts to be made to non-critical social programs. Acting like anything else is going to work is simply blowing smoke up the American people's asses.

    Speaking of real conservatives, I know I've said this a dozen times, but it breaks my heart that Republicans didn't take Huntsman seriously. He is by far the best candidate I've seen come from either party since I've been following politics. If he had gotten the nomination, I'd be voting Republican next month...
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    3,377
    vCash:
    10372
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post


    You take that back! You take it all back! You know as well as I do that even if something is not true before Joe Biden said it was true it BECOMES true simply because Joe says it is true!! The man is the very standard of truth! :-P
    I wonder if he had to practice his puffing, laughing, and timely interuptions as much as he practiced that nauseating, melodramatic soliloquy about being a bipolar Catholic (a devout Catholic who values life but allocates funds to Planned Parenthood who exists solely to distribute contraception and advocate abortion) there at the end. What a P.O.S.!
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    3,377
    vCash:
    10372
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Great post, my friend.

    Both sides will need to compromise on this. I know that's a bad word in Washington these days, but it's the truth. If we want to clear this deficit, we need to increase revenue and decrease spending. That means Republicans need to allow taxes to be raised where it's feasible, and Democrats need to allow cuts to be made to non-critical social programs. Acting like anything else is going to work is simply blowing smoke up the American people's asses.

    Speaking of real conservatives, I know I've said this a dozen times, but it breaks my heart that Republicans didn't take Huntsman seriously. He is by far the best candidate I've seen come from either party since I've been following politics. If he had gotten the nomination, I'd be voting Republican next month...
    I wouldn't have nearly such a problem with raising taxes TEMPORARILY if I really thought they would go Dave Ramsey on the Federal Debt and curb spending. However, I refuse to advocate paying one penny more to see our government buy votes through entitlements...or tax breaks that maybe 2500 people in the whole United States can take advantage of. Huntsman was not bad at all but I really liked Herman Cain's 9-9-9 plan and would love to see a mostly flat tax or a national sales tax with no deduction which means no favoritism. Now that is my idea of everyone paying their fair share. Too bad Herman couldn't keep his pants zipped. The GOP is just convinced that they must have a RINO to have a chance but I really think that a no nonsense, true conservative could knock it out of the park.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    Statler Waldorf's Avatar
    Bench Warmer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    1,258
    vCash:
    1240
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    "oh jez I'm convinced....lol"
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post

    When sarcastically referring someone to an "intellectual giant", I'd be extra sure you aren't casting stones out of a glass house.


    With all due respect, I am sure he at least knows what a peer-reviewed journal looks like.

    What business could you run that raises profits by lowering income? Answer me that question...


    Are you for real? You’re the kind of guy who “knows” you can’t increase revenue by lowering prices! You’re the kind of guy who’d claim a heavier than air flying machine will never work because Physics doesn’t lie! Your ignorance when it comes to basic economics is downright scary, you increase revenue by increasing the tax base and growing the economy, you do both of those by cutting taxes on the job creators in America. By bashing on Romney you are indirectly supporting someone who thinks that you can fix the debt crisis through more stimulus and phantom savings by extrapolating two ended wars out for ten years and that paying a higher percentage in taxes than everyone else is still somehow less than a "fair share", give me a break.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    7,917
    vCash:
    27761
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I wouldn't have nearly such a problem with raising taxes TEMPORARILY if I really thought they would go Dave Ramsey on the Federal Debt and curb spending. However, I refuse to advocate paying one penny more to see our government buy votes through entitlements...or tax breaks that maybe 2500 people in the whole United States can take advantage of. Huntsman was not bad at all but I really liked Herman Cain's 9-9-9 plan and would love to see a mostly flat tax or a national sales tax with no deduction which means no favoritism. Now that is my idea of everyone paying their fair share. Too bad Herman couldn't keep his pants zipped. The GOP is just convinced that they must have a RINO to have a chance but I really think that a no nonsense, true conservative could knock it out of the park.
    It's pretty scary to think that -- and not being an idiot -- is what did him in.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    3,377
    vCash:
    10372
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    It's pretty scary to think that -- and not being an idiot -- is what did him in.
    He is far from an idiot, at least as far as business and the economy goes. He would have been very inexperienced as a politician in the White House but his ideas are sound. The establishment crushed him though, both GOP and Dems alike. They don't like outsiders playing on their playground.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,720
    vCash:
    3742
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I wouldn't have nearly such a problem with raising taxes TEMPORARILY if I really thought they would go Dave Ramsey on the Federal Debt and curb spending. However, I refuse to advocate paying one penny more to see our government buy votes through entitlements...or tax breaks that maybe 2500 people in the whole United States can take advantage of. Huntsman was not bad at all but I really liked Herman Cain's 9-9-9 plan and would love to see a mostly flat tax or a national sales tax with no deduction which means no favoritism. Now that is my idea of everyone paying their fair share. Too bad Herman couldn't keep his pants zipped. The GOP is just convinced that they must have a RINO to have a chance but I really think that a no nonsense, true conservative could knock it out of the park.
    Cain would have been a disaster, and would have been destroyed in the general election. His extreme right wing views on all social issues would have alienated both the youth and independent vote. The GoP were smart to toss him to the side when they did. Huntsman was willing to be bipartisan, was truly small government (he had no plans to try to chime in on abortion, gay marriage, etc), was intelligent (accepted that evolution and climate change were happening), and most of all, was an intelligent and likeable guy. Of course, these are all things that the Republican base, and especially the extreme right wing, hate in their politicians, so no one gave him the light of day...
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Paul Ryan to be VP candidate.
    By Tetragrammaton in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-13-2012, 06:26 PM
  2. Joe Philbin details Ryan Tannehill's starting path
    By datruth55 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-06-2012, 06:43 PM
  3. Full details on Ryan Tannehillís contract
    By DKphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-01-2012, 02:44 PM
  4. Paul Ryan, helping the poor by hurting them
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2012, 03:05 PM
  5. Paul Ryan's (aka GOP) Plan to Tax You More
    By finataxia24 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-11-2010, 06:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •