Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just when you think you got all the answers

1. -1
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Just when you think you got all the answers

http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2012/10/12...cademic-goals/

Gotta give 'em credit. If ya cant make the field goal, just move the goal posts in. That'll fix it

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You do know that this is the GOP moving the goal posts right?
    Kathleen Shanahan is the former Chief of Staff of Jeb Bush. And our current governor is GOP.

The GOP is all about keeping people stupid. The 'no child left behind act' was the worst education misstep I can remember. This stupid FCAT thing is pathetic and now the Republican leadership will dump down education even more.

Thanks for the link.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    Kathleen Shanahan is the former Chief of Staff of Jeb Bush. And our current governor is GOP.

The GOP is all about keeping people stupid. The 'no child left behind act' was the worst education misstep I can remember. This stupid FCAT thing is pathetic and now the Republican leadership will dump down education even more.

Thanks for the link.
    That was a disaster. To be fair, its not like Race to the Top is any better.

Its cases like this that prevent me from supporting the notion of eliminating the Department of Education and letting the states handle it. Dont get me wrong, i despise the DoE. But i keep seeing mind blogging stupid moves like this at state levels. I want to support states handling education, but i dont see that as a reasonable alternative.

Oh, and finally, my obligatory: Florida....why is it always Florida?!?!?!
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

4. -4

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post

The GOP is all about keeping people stupid. The 'no child left behind act' was the worst education misstep I can remember. This stupid FCAT thing is pathetic and now the Republican leadership will dump d own education even more.

Thanks for the link.

You do know i'm no more a fan of the GOP than i am of the dems don't you? It's our own fault for putting these scoundrels (GOP and Dems alike) into office. If it were up to me, i'd blow the whole damn thing up (figuratively) and start over

You're welcome for the link....knowledge is power after all
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    You do know i'm no more a fan of the GOP than i am of the dems don't you? It's our own fault for putting these scoundrels (GOP and Dems alike) into office. If it were up to me, i'd blow the whole damn thing up (figuratively) and start over

Apparently not in Florida.

Quote Quote  

6. -6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Apparently not in Florida.

BASTARD! I had a mouthful of Jack n Coke when i read that

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Just when you think you got all the answers

Good Lord, I can't even think of a comment right now I am in such shock. Apparently, stupid is breeding stupid in Florida, guess I should be happy I moved to Texas. How about everybody is expected to learn or they don't pass...WTF does race have to do with it? You just can't fix stupid!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post

I blame it on Northern and Central Florida. It's more like south Alabama anyways.

But just like anywhere else we have only two choices every election. There is no alternative. So you vote for the lesser evil. Bush, Crist (who was actually not a bad governor) and Scott were mostly voted in by the 'farmers'. If you look at the last election map you can hardly believe that Scott only won by 60,000 votes (out of over 5,000,000).
    But the Florida election map would be a blue print for the nation of the electorates are eliminated and the popular vote would rule. The farm boys and girls would basically determine the Presidency.
    Attached Images
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Good Lord, I can't even think of a comment right now I am in such shock. Apparently, stupid is breeding stupid in Florida, guess I should be happy I moved to Texas. How about everybody is expected to learn or they don't pass...WTF does race have to do with it? You just can't fix stupid!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Now now. Most of the people living here come from somewhere else. And Texas should not brag about education at all.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have always said anyone interested in the state of education in this country should see "Waiting for Superman", although i usually feel i'm the only one that watched it.

Blaming no child left behind squarely on the republicans is fine, but as far as I know it was truly bipartisan, and if i had to blame (and that would be the proper term) someone it would probably be Kennedy.

The attempt to just throw all the blame on the republicans involves the level of partisan ridiculousness usually reserved for people like Olbermann, but lucky for us, available right here in our forum.
    Quote Quote