Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: BENCH REGGIE, and SKIP THOMAS

1. -31
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    As far as Daniel Thomas is concerned I'm still hoping he will pan out and get it together, but his fumbling concerns me.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Haha I opened this thread expecting to see OP as Red.
    I was right

No reason to drop Bush, At All. Thomas you could make a case for getting rid of. He's not really worth the value we paid for him.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

BENCH REGGIE, and SKIP THOMAS

Quote Originally Posted by jtrose70 View Post
    We need a friggin running game. Bush is mediocre at best, and Thomas flat out sucks. Let Smith run the damned ball, Bush do what he has his whole career (catch out of the backfield), and dump Thomas for a receiver.
    Foolish, reactionary, .... Bush is a very important component of this team. Your anger should be directed at the offensive line.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bush has been dancing and running East/West a bit much lately, but I get the feeling that is largely attributable to his knee being banged up and the O-line often being handled at the line of scrimmage. I'll be honest. I was never much of a fan of Reggie. When Ireland acquired him from New Orleans I groaned at the thought of him being the every down back here. He really won me over down the stretch last year, though. He runs very hard and is a much tougher guy and harder worker than I had realized. I think he is very valuable to this team, both on the field and as a locker room leader. I'm still iffy about giving him a big money extension but the dude is really playing his balls off, so it's hard to ask/expect much more out of him.
    This place is so knee-jerk about everything, to near comical levels a lot of the time. People that have absolutely zero business opining on anything let alone football feel the need to chime in their two cents worth. There are countless numbers of people on this site who cannot even put together a comprehensible sentence, yet they seemingly expect others to give weight to their thoughts and opinions. It is ridiculous. I would wager that there are even a bunch of people on here who don't even watch the actual games but rather look at highlights and stat sheets and try to deduce things from them. Bush didn't rush for a ton of yards today but he had some very nice runs on a day in which absolutely nothing was given to him by that feisty Rams defense. On some level, I guess the reactionary backlash makes sense, though, from the perspective of a very rudimentary thinker. Everyone is so giddy about Tannehill right now (rightfully so), which means that there is probably some transference going on. Since no one is going to be clamoring for the backup QB to get playing time right now, I guess running back is the next place for them to look.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cuernavaca, Morelos, MX.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrose70 View Post
    Opinions are like *******s. This happens to be mine. It doesn't make any of you more informed or intelligent just because I made a typo. So. I will shove my opinion up my ass, and you all can do the same. Because at the heart of this entire website is a bunch of wannabe's that flame anything they don't agree with, and then try to degrade the person they disagree with. So laugh at my typo, ignore my opinion, your's is the only correct one, afterall. Personally, I don't really give a rat's ass what other people think, hence the horrible 9.5 posts per year. So flame away. I will cya in about 1.2 months.
    Let me start by saying I don't see any reason to use bad words.
    This should be a peaceful place to use our brains and hearts to express about football. Not a jetsesque forum where every single message should be banned for decent publishing.

That said, Lamar Miller (not Smith) is a talent and surely can gain important yards with basic run plays, but in order to help this team, Miami needs more of him.
    A good WCO running back needs to know about passing routes, blocking schemes and of course running plays. Lamar is well behind on playbook knowledge and this bye week is going to be very helpful for him.
    Please don't misunderstand things, I'm not saying he won't be a great RB, all he needs is a supportive environment and lower pressure over him.

Now after clarifying about Lamar, let's talk about Reggie and the rest of our RB, and there are three things to notice.

First, you won't read it anywhere as no coach will admit it publicly, but none of our RB handles the playbook at designed level by Sherman.
    In fact this is a work in progress and it won't surprise me to see a different style of running offense at Metlife Stadium. I mean Reggie Bush, Daniel Thomas, Lamar Miller and Marcus Thigpen should show at least one different page of the playbook facing NY Jets.

Second our most proven guys are hurt.
    It's week 6 and Daniel Thomas has suffered a pair of contusions, while Reggie is playing hurt nursing a knee injury. So it's impressive seeing Reggie on the field when it's obvious he's not 100% healthy. Somebody at this forum expressed the need to rest him in order to recover his previous level, but without Thomas, that was a luxury Dolphins can afford. Well after Rams' game, Bush deserves and will have plenty of rest for a week. Give him a spa treatment and the best rehab nurses for him & Daniel Thomas.

Third Rams D-line was no joke.
    They arrived to Miami with a 3-2 record based on their intense defense with talent at every spot. Their front-7 outplayed Dolphins' O-line closing any running line, so Reggie's ineffective efforts go beyond him. Don't trash Bush when the O-line is losing on the trenches.

Resuming. Depending on how well Lamar Miller uses this bye week, we could see additional help from him.
    But as Daniel Thomas will be back and surely Reggie Bush will be healthier, I don't expect Miller to start against the Jets.
    From Mexico, GO PHINS GO!!!
    Quote Quote