Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Brutal article calling for benching buttfumble

1. -1
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern VA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Brutal article calling for benching buttfumble

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...content_stream

Absolutely brutal.

"Mark buttfumble is the ex-quarterback of the Jets. He's done. He's finished. He's earned a demotion and an eventual ticket out of town. It is just a question of when."

"If buttfumble was an average quarterback, the Jets would have knocked off the Houston Texans on Monday night in an upset special. "

"Nobody should be surprised. Mark buttfumble can't protect the football. He is totally inaccurate."

"On our SiriusXM NFL Radio show, former NFL MVP Rich Gannon explained, "A quarterback needs to know who he is throwing the ball to." Cumberland needed the ball in the bread basket. buttfumble simply can't deliver."

"And we haven't even gotten to the worst part of the buttfumble act. Mark buttfumble consistently flunks the fifth quarter."

"Klecko brilliantly summed up what he heard: "buttfumble is becoming a good loser.""

"In reality, the Jets don't have a quarterback. John Madden said it perfectly on our "Madden Football" show on SiriusXM NFL Radio when he said, "Maybe it isn't either. Instead, it's neither.""
    Angry Deniers. A bunch of agenda-driven whiny clowns whose sole mission is to deny anything good that Tannehill has done and deny anything bad that the "gods of quarterbacks" have done.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aviano, Italy
    Thanks / No Thanks

Brutal article calling for benching buttfumble

And the piling on continues. If they lose to the Colts, they have to seriously consider a change.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    And the piling on continues. If they lose to the Colts, they have to seriously consider a change.

I hope not
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    I post on a dolphins site, an overzealous mod didn't like me questioning his "power" and banned me for the week. been posting there since 2004 and have never been banned. I was wronged and now I don't think I will post there again and it will be their loss. .
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    all criticism of him right now is fair. He has to play better.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    its not just buttfumbles fault, as bad as he is tim tebow is even worse. i think buttfumble is near the bottom of every major qb stat in the league. however, i dont know why they havent tried to upgrade their running game in the past two seasons. ill never understand why they feel shonne green is an adequate starting running back in the nfl. they drafted mcknight, but they knew pretty quickly that he wasnt the answer. greene has never had any real success in this league and they continue to play him while not looking for any other option at RB.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    all criticism of him right now is fair. He has to play better.
    This is the first sensible thing you have ever written about buttfumble. The bigger concern for Jets' fans should be the lack of accountability and the attitude. He doesn't get it. I remember a rough stretch for the Dolphins when Marino was the QB. The offensive line was a complete sieve. Sacks and pressure constantly and Marino's performances were suffering. He was asked about it after a game. His response? "I have to get rid of the ball quicker. I have to make plays." He said it with conviction. He meant it. He wasn't trying to cover up for his OL. He really believed that it was up to him and the circumstances didn't matter. buttfumble does not have that attitude and he never will.
    Quote Quote