Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: best rookie qb

1. -11
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Weeden is coming along also . . . all of them are having pretty good years. And we still could see Nick Foles take over when/if Vick gets hurt.

Luck had the most impressive performance in that comeback vs. Gbay
    RGIII has had the most "moments"
    Wilson has been the most suprising
    Tannehill and Weeden are both showing the most improvements as the season progresses.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    RG3 is by far the best so far. Followed by Luck, Wilson, and Tannehill in that order, but very close. Weeden easily being the worst.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    RG3 is by far the best so far. Followed by Luck, Wilson, and Tannehill in that order, but very close. Weeden easily being the worst.
    Even though I doubt Tannehill will be as good as Luck in the future, right now. I would not put Tannehill behind Luck or Wilson. Tannehill has increasingly improved since that week 1.....Luck and Wilson have been up and down.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    If you ain't first, you're last!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    In before WV ****s on RGiii...
    "Fundamentals, technique, execution -- primary. Scheme -- secondary."

"We will incorporate an aggressive, up-tempo, attacking style in all three phases of the game."

"Our team will play with discipline, poise, and maximum effort."

"I want us to be the best tackling team in the NFL, the best team in pursuit, I want to take the ball away from other teams, I want to rattle the opposing quarterback every opportunity we get."

-- Joe Philbin 01/12

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    If you look at what Ryan Tannehill did throwing the ball vs a very good Rams defense and compare it to what Griffin did throwing the ball vs a very good Rams defense, you might be a bit surprised. And then if you look at what Alfred Morris did rushing the ball (a cool 5.6 yards per carry) on St. Louis and compare that to what Reggie Bush did against St. Louis (1.4 yards per carry) and then you consider that Miami has now signed two of Washington's castoffs to play receiver in the past six weeks, well...

... let's just say I'm glad Miami wasn't the team that gave up a king's ransom to draft its QB.

Call it homerism, call it what you like. One of these guys is doing more with less.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rg3
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Russell Wilson has started and won games vs. Romo, Rodgers, Newton and Brady. I don't care what you say, that's a damn good start for a rookie season! On that alone, I would have to put him near the top (and most surprising thus far). It's an amazing rookie class though!
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by phinmanniac View Post
    Russell Wilson has started and won games vs. Romo, Rodgers, Newton and Brady. I don't care what you say, that's a damn good start for a rookie season! On that alone, I would have to put him near the top (and most surprising thus far). It's an amazing rookie class though!
    Definitely impressive from Wilson, I don't think anybody can take that away from him. People concerned with his height need to start paying attention to his ability . . . because this man has got game. That Seattle team is a Super Bowl sleeper.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    England
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Obviously Luck and RGIII have performed very well so far, but that was to be expected.

The other three starting QBs in Tannehill, Weeden and Wilson have all performed well; but Wilson has been the stand out of those three, while the other two are improving week by week. This could prove to be a very talented and successful draft year if these guys continue to perform and get better.

Overall though, I'd say the standout QB so far has been Wilson because I don't think anyone really expected him to have performed as well as he has done. He could also lead his team to the play offs and a division title. So all in all, he could prove to be the best rookie QB, when he was really rated as the 4th or 5th best QB in the draft.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Just watching the 49'ers game. I dont really get the hype about Wilson. If we had the draft over again he would still be my fifth choice qb.
    Quote Quote