Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oopss he did it again!! Rex ryan opens up his mouth

1. -11
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't expect to win but I'm glad to see the old rex peeking out, I didn't like the new quiet version. I think that trickles down to the team and has sapped their confidence a bit.

whether Rex speaks or not has no bearing on the way the pats will play. Didn't rex and most of the team talk big before the playoff game 2 years ago? all that matters is how you play on Sunday.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I don't expect to win but I'm glad to see the old rex peeking out, I didn't like the new quiet version. I think that trickles down to the team and has sapped their confidence a bit.

whether Rex speaks or not has no bearing on the way the pats will play. Didn't rex and most of the team talk big before the playoff game 2 years ago? all that matters is how you play on Sunday.
    No, not at all, the Jets talked and ran their mouths before the Monday night game, and you know what happened there. The leading up to the playoff game Rex and the Jets were deep into Foot gate.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grogan12 View Post
    No, not at all, the Jets talked and ran their mouths before the Monday night game, and you know what happened there. The leading up to the playoff game Rex and the Jets were deep into Foot gate.
    which game was bigger? and I don't recall them running their mouths before the Mon night game but they did before the playoff game and won convincingly. I don't expect to win this week but talking isn't going to change who wins and who loses.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    which game was bigger? and I don't recall them running their mouths before the Mon night game but they did before the playoff game and won convincingly. I don't expect to win this week but talking isn't going to change who wins and who loses.
    Really, you couldn't be more wrong, it's basic human nature. What most players get, that most fans don't, is that the game isn't life or death for them, they don't carry a loss all week in the way a fan does, and while emotions may run deep for players at the end of the day they go home to their super model of choice and move on. Now when you piss someone off, you get their attention in a whole differen't way. No matter how proud you are of those two back to back AFC Championship loses, the fact remains that the Jets mean very little in the scope of a the AFC east, the last decade for the Jets will be pretty much remembered like the one before it. The bottom line is there is a reason you don't see coaches running their mouths like REX, that is there is simply no up side to it, it does nothing but feed his own ego and put added pressure on a team that's simply not very good.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Really, you couldn't be more wrong, it's basic human nature. What most players get, that most fans don't, is that the game isn't life or death for them, they don't carry a loss all week in the way a fan does, and while emotions may run deep for players at the end of the day they go home to their super model of choice and move on. Now when you piss someone off, you get their attention in a whole differen't way. No matter how proud you are of those two back to back AFC Championship loses, the fact remains that the Jets mean very little in the scope of a the AFC east, the last decade for the Jets will be pretty much remembered like the one before it. The bottom line is there is a reason you don't see coaches running their mouths like REX, that is there is simply no up side to it, it does nothing but feed his own ego and put added pressure on a team that's simply not very good.
    you're wasting your time. You're arguing with said super-fan whose entire way of viewing the game is based completely on emotion rather than rationale and objective thinking. His argument is a constant moving target. Instead of looking at all the information objectively and than drawing a conclusion, he comes to a conclusion first(Sanchez, Rex and the jets are X) and then tries to mold and shape the information to suit his super-fan based, emotion and agenda driven conclusion. That's why he constantly, arbitrarily decides what information should be viewed as relevant and what shouldn't be. If it hurts his agenda he dismisses it with a vague and insubstantial comment like"stats don't tell the whole story" or "I see the game differently than most"

Anyhoo. I agree pretty much with what you said
    Last edited by Harry_Bagpipe; 10-16-2012 at 11:57 AM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You can believe that all you want but who talked more than the Jets going into that playoff game? rex calling out belichick, Cromartie calling Bardy an a-hole, Bart Scott threatening Welker after his passive agressive jokes.

The Jets have won and lost b/c of how they played not b/c of how much they talked or didn't talk.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6007793

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=6024525

Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    you're wasting your time. You're arguing with said super-fan whose entire way of viewing the game is based completely on emotion rather than rationale and objective thinking. His argument is a constant moving target. Instead of looking at all the information objectively and than drawing a conclusion, he comes to a conclusion first(Sanchez, Rex and the jets are X) and then tries to mold and shape the information to suit his super-fan based, emotion and agenda driven conclusion. That's why he constantly, arbitrarily decides what information should be viewed as relevant and what shouldn't be. If it hurts his agenda he dismisses it with a vague and insubstantial comment like"stats don't tell the whole story" or "I see the game differently than most"

Anyhoo. I agree pretty much with what you said
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You can believe that all you want but who talked more than the Jets going into that playoff game? rex calling out belichick, Cromartie calling Bardy an a-hole, Bart Scott threatening Welker after his passive agressive jokes.

The Jets have won and lost b/c of how they played not b/c of how much they talked or didn't talk.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6007793

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=6024525

this is exactly the reason why i feel that rex ryan will not be a long lasting head coach in this league. he will always be a great defensive coordinator because he knows how to scheme and his players play for him. however, i would like for you to name me one great head coach who runs his mouth at other teams and their players? you cant name any, landry, shula, lombardi, billichik, schoetenheimer, walsh, reeves, levy, parcells, etc........none of the great head coaches in the history of the league have been trash talkers.

when ryan first started head coaching it was all new to the players, they got hyped up by all of the trash talk. many players wanted to go play for rex ryan because of it (bart scott, LT, etc) but towards the end of last year the trash talk gave way to a dysfunctional locker room. suddenly, the players around the league that liked his attitude a few years ago publically came out and badmouthed him (how often do you see opposing players talked trash about a coach?).

you have to have substance as an nfl coach and beyond the f bombs, ryan has none. he is a great defensive coach, but knows nothing about offense. he will be a career d coordinator, just like his brother. that and he has a learning disability which makes me think he isnt the sharpest.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    this is exactly the reason why i feel that rex ryan will not be a long lasting head coach in this league. he will always be a great defensive coordinator because he knows how to scheme and his players play for him. however, i would like for you to name me one great head coach who runs his mouth at other teams and their players? you cant name any, landry, shula, lombardi, billichik, schoetenheimer, walsh, reeves, levy, parcells, etc........none of the great head coaches in the history of the league have been trash talkers.

when ryan first started head coaching it was all new to the players, they got hyped up by all of the trash talk. many players wanted to go play for rex ryan because of it (bart scott, LT, etc) but towards the end of last year the trash talk gave way to a dysfunctional locker room. suddenly, the players around the league that liked his attitude a few years ago publically came out and badmouthed him (how often do you see opposing players talked trash about a coach?).

you have to have substance as an nfl coach and beyond the f bombs, ryan has none. he is a great defensive coach, but knows nothing about offense. he will be a career d coordinator, just like his brother. that and he has a learning disability which makes me think he isnt the sharpest.
    who cares? there's not one way to win, there are many ways to win. He's just saying what most coaches think but are afraid to say.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    who cares? there's not one way to win, there are many ways to win. He's just saying what most coaches think but are afraid to say.
    i wish i could say innapropriate things to people everyday, but i dont. because i am a civilized human being. I GO BY FACTS, im surprised you dont, the facts are, no coach has been successful longterm by talking trash.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    i wish i could say innapropriate things to people everyday, but i dont. because i am a civilized human being. I GO BY FACTS, im surprised you dont, the facts are, no coach has been successful longterm by talking trash.
    what does rex do other than really talking up his team? does he say "team x sucks!" or "player x sucks!"? no, he talks up his team. and who cares if no one has won long term w/ that approach, times change. taht's like saying teams would never be able to win w/ a pass heavy offense way back when, times change.
    Quote Quote