Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Goons Thoughts On Tannehill's Nickname Candidates.

  1. -11
    BlueFin's Avatar
    Seer of Visions
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2004
    Posts:
    15,134
    vCash:
    25935
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Honestly, the only one I can see ever sticking is simply "RT".
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    flynryan15's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    13,780
    vCash:
    6347
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoDeVante Parker's 11
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    Everyone that's thinking up nicknames has a very dumb idea.

    I feel that I have some experience in the matter, being as I am of the
    Coach Gundy school of "I'm a MAN! I'm 40!"

    Here's the thing about nicknames; They are earned. They are worn on, and
    worn in. And, they are worn out. Very few people earn a nickname in a few weeks.

    It usually takes a while.

    Lets just see what this guys is holding before we start doling out nicknames.

    ETA; **** you guys I'm drunk.
    agreed!
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    GoonBoss's Avatar
    Finheaven Templar
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    19,482
    vCash:
    19367
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Quote Originally Posted by beanorange View Post
    Tann Marino
    Not funny bro.

    ---------- Post added at 07:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFin View Post
    Honestly, the only one I can see ever sticking is simply "RT".
    It's snappy and descriptive.

    Thanks Shifty!

    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    beanorange's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2010
    Posts:
    2,554
    vCash:
    7438

    Goons Thoughts On Tannehill's Nickname Candidates.

    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    Not funny bro.

    ---------- Post added at 07:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 AM ----------



    It's snappy and descriptive.
    You asked for one that wasn't lame. I so sad now.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    GoonBoss's Avatar
    Finheaven Templar
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    19,482
    vCash:
    19367
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Quote Originally Posted by beanorange View Post
    You asked for one that wasn't lame. I so sad now.
    What can I say? I'm a problem solver.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    dolfan91's Avatar
    Starter
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2004
    Posts:
    2,596
    vCash:
    3953
    Loc:
    NJ
    Tannehill is very good at pre-snap reads ... He looks like he has a "Chess Players" mentality, So I figured why not call him "Check Mate"
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    finomenal's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro
    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    4,706
    vCash:
    6118
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    Everyone that's thinking up nicknames has a very dumb idea.

    I feel that I have some experience in the matter, being as I am of the
    Coach Gundy school of "I'm a MAN! I'm 40!"

    Here's the thing about nicknames; They are earned. They are worn on, and
    worn in. And, they are worn out. Very few people earn a nickname in a few weeks.

    It usually takes a while.

    Lets just see what this guys is holding before we start doling out nicknames.

    ETA; **** you guys I'm drunk.
    Let's look at a few things:


    • While I understand your point, it's the first time the Dolphins have drafted a QB in the 1st round since 1983!
    • 16 or so (I lost count) bums minus Pennington have come and gone. Nothing but boring football for the better part of a decade.
    • Boring AND losing football.


    Now, we have our franchise QB, and you choose to piss on our parade because we want to give him a nickname? Who cares if it's "too early?" You were drunk from alcohol, and we're on a Tannehill high. You can't piss on this parade no matter how hard you try!

    Tan the Man!
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    GoonBoss's Avatar
    Finheaven Templar
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    19,482
    vCash:
    19367
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Quote Originally Posted by finomenal View Post
    Let's look at a few things:


    • While I understand your point, it's the first time the Dolphins have drafted a QB in the 1st round since 1983!
    • 16 or so (I lost count) bums minus Pennington have come and gone. Nothing but boring football for the better part of a decade.
    • Boring AND losing football.


    Now, we have our franchise QB, and you choose to piss on our parade because we want to give him a nickname? Who cares if it's "too early?" You were drunk from alcohol, and we're on a Tannehill high. You can't piss on this parade no matter how hard you try!

    Tan the Man!
    Your idea is stupid.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    Perennial All-Pro
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    3,909
    vCash:
    17186
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Tannehill

    Although, I do have a nickname for Philbin. My GF came up with it this weekend watching the fake punt in the 4th quarter. She said, "Damn he's got a face of stone, he should be called Joe "poker face" Philbin.".
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    rob19's Avatar
    Soul Rebel
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    8,505
    vCash:
    36581
    Loc:
    Georgia
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Tannemal is probably the least lame of the one's I've heard mentioned.

    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Tannehill doesnt need a nickname!!!
    By fin-atic in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-22-2012, 01:52 AM
  2. Why is everyone compelled to nickname Tannehill?
    By fin-atic in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-16-2012, 09:57 PM
  3. Tannehill's new nickname? RT1
    By Quadfather in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 10-15-2012, 04:23 AM
  4. Tannehill's New Nickname?
    By So Be in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 10-07-2012, 09:46 AM
  5. The goons at CBS Sportsline simultaneous mock
    By HysterikiLL in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-08-2005, 09:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •