Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drone Strikes Killing 1 Terrorist to 49 Civilians

1. -11
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Sure, buddy. Always the skeptic, until someone comes along with something you agree with, no matter how they produce the number they put out there.
    I have been around this forum a long time, it shows 2007 on my avatar, but for whatever reason my account did not make it through the crash of 2007.

I have changed from being a staunch republican that did not particularly care for 9954, to a guy wondering if the guy who says neither party has our best interest in mind was actually right, to where I am today.

Through the years we have had many great posters on both sides of the aisle, but in my mind none have been more correct over the years, and he does not change.

Two or three years from now, you will be gone, 9954 will still be here.

You think people are off the mark for being skeptical about the performance of our government?

There is a reason for it.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    I have been around this forum a long time, it shows 2007 on my avatar, but for whatever reason my account did not make it through the crash of 2007.

I have changed from being a staunch republican that did not particularly care for 9954, to a guy wondering if the guy who says neither party has our best interest in mind was actually right, to where I am today.

Through the years we have had many great posters on both sides of the aisle, but in my mind none have been more correct over the years, and he does not change.

You think people are off the mark for being skeptical about the performance of our government?

I'm all for being skeptical about the performance of the government. But that's no reason to swallow every report about wrongdoing or scandal with complete credulity. Question everything.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post

The only interest either party has is securing national wealth, wealth of resources, wealth of workforce, wealth of global position and wealth of economy. Some of these wealths are tied directly to social issues and need therefor to be addressed.

As for the military, the military is the arm or tool to provide the wealth and sometimes obtaining wealth conflicts with social and moral issues. This is the point that the US military is at in the middle east, are we doing this for wealth or is it because we are worried about the welfare of humanity. As the onion continues to peel away it seems more and more that we are occupying the region for wealth and not moral intervention which in itself become immoral.

So who is right? The US? The Insurgents? The Republicans? The Democrats? I'm not sure but I can assure you there are other interests now on the line than just the war on terror and I try to remember that more than just the United States of America knows this. Other forces are at play behind the scene.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    I dont know about you guys, but I say we just nuke the **** out of the middle east and be done with it.
    Quote Quote