Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gaffney This, Gaffney That.. How about Marlon Moore???

1. -1
    Undrafted Pro-Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks

Gaffney This, Gaffney That.. How about Marlon Moore???

First of all, this guy is one of the better special teams guys in the league. His speed is very underrated and he showed that he can get open when given the opportunity.

Like Philbin said, we have to develop our own guys and turn them into superstars...

I know Moore is inconsistent but he showed last game that he has the ability to make plays...

I think having Gaffney is a good problem for this team if Moore can keep it up and Hartline and Bess continue to be Hartline and Bess....
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    You mean when Jenkins didn't move, **** I could get open there too.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Don't know if he is one of the best special teamers in the league, but he does a solid job for us, and we have a good coverage unit . . . so I guess it makes sense.

I'm not a big fan of Marlon Moore at WR. He still catches the ball with an awkward aggressiveness . . . just not natural to me at all. However we do need guys to step up and Marlon Moore certainly has as good of a chance as Gaffney, Armstrong or whoever to become that 3rd option at WR. He has good speed and if Tannehill has the confidence in him, hell lets get him more involved. That TD on Sunday was a straight bust by Jenkins and a good job of Tannehill with the recognition . . .Moore just needed to make the catch. He did make another tough catch prior I believe so that is always a positive.

Still I think Gaffney will become that 3rd WR and Moore as the occassional deep threat and special teamer. We can go ahead and cut Armstrong . . . I forget he's even on the damn team.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    Don't know if he is one of the best special teamers in the league, but he does a solid job for us, and we have a good coverage unit . . . so I guess it makes sense.

I'm not a big fan of Marlon Moore at WR. He still catches the ball with an awkward aggressiveness . . . just not natural to me at all. However we do need guys to step up and Marlon Moore certainly has as good of a chance as Gaffney, Armstrong or whoever to become that 3rd option at WR. He has good speed and if Tannehill has the confidence in him, hell lets get him more involved. That TD on Sunday was a straight bust by Jenkins and a good job of Tannehill with the recognition . . .Moore just needed to make the catch. He did make another tough catch prior I believe so that is always a positive.

Still I think Gaffney will become that 3rd WR and Moore as the occasional deep threat and special teamer. We can go ahead and cut Armstrong . . . I forget he's even on the damn team.
    Marlon is a very good Gunner on punts.

He does catch the ball awkwardly though, like he's mad at it and it stole something from him.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Moore didnt really need to make the play last week. Jenkins didnt cover him so Moore didnt have to "try" to get open. He needs to show he can get open when he is being covered.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenchFiedler View Post
    First of all, this guy is one of the better special teams guys in the league. His speed is very underrated and he showed that he can get open when given the opportunity.

Like Philbin said, we have to develop our own guys and turn them into superstars...

I know Moore is inconsistent but he showed last game that he has the ability to make plays...

I think having Gaffney is a good problem for this team if Moore can keep it up and Hartline and Bess continue to be Hartline and Bess....
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Cement Shoes Distributor

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina (from MIAMI)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What's more impressive is the fact that Tannehill finds the wide open receivers
    I Love JESUS CHRIST
    To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world
    Quote Quote  

7. -7

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinsFan74 View Post
    What's more impressive is the fact that Tannehill finds the wide open receivers
    Alot of that has to do with his familiarity with the system in place. Tannehill really had a big advantage over every rookie QB in that regard and it certainly is helping pay divedends with his performance on the field.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    Alot of that has to do with his familiarity with the system in place. Tannehill really had a big advantage over every rookie QB in that regard and it certainly is helping pay divedends with his performance on the field.
    Not really. Whenever there is a breakdown in coverage by the defense Tannehill finds the open guy and that has more to do with his vision than it does with the familiarity of the offense. If the defense screws up, Tannehill makes you pay...that's uncharacteristic of a rookie and some veteran QBs who've been in the same system for years don't even take advantage of those situations as well as Tannehill does.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Not really. Whenever there is a breakdown in coverage by the defense Tannehill finds the open guy and that has more to do with his vision than it does with the familiarity of the offense. If the defense screws up, Tannehill makes you pay...that's uncharacteristic of a rookie and some veteran QBs who've been in the same system for years don't even take advantage of those situations as well as Tannehill does.
    I wasn't just referring to breakdowns in coverage . . . him being able to find the "open wide receivers" has plenty to do with knowing the system and knowing where his wide receivers should be. Him being able to pick the right checkdown option in the teeth of the blitz is him knowing more about the system than him going through any type of progressions. I'd bet Tannehill wouldn't have some of the successes he is experiencing now if it wasn't for the familiarity of the system and him being able to find a comfort zone within that familiarity.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bradenton, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

Gaffney This, Gaffney That.. How about Marlon Moore???

How many times did Henne miss huge plays were his guy had a step? Don't see this with Thill
    Quote Quote