Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 69

Thread: Making sense of the election, 3 weeks away.

  1. -11
    Tetragrammaton's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    9,554
    vCash:
    2377
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Firing Squad or Hanging? I prefer neither. I'll admit getting a chuckle out of the "Messiah" going down. But make no mistake that's not an endorsement of douchebag at all. He's just as bad or worse than Obama on every level. This election is the epitome of prison rape.
    I think Obama has been a terrible President. From health care to foreign policy to economic measures, he has been a staggering failure. He is the same type of corporate lackey that Bush was. However, as much as I might prefer Dennis Kucinich or Alan Grayson or Ralph Nader or Jill Stein, it ain't happening. I figure Romney will be a little worse, so I would prefer an Obama victory.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,095
    vCash:
    6999
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
    I think Obama has been a terrible President. From health care to foreign policy to economic measures, he has been a staggering failure. He is the same type of corporate lackey that Bush was. However, as much as I might prefer Dennis Kucinich or Alan Grayson or Ralph Nader or Jill Stein, it ain't happening. I figure Romney will be a little worse, so I would prefer an Obama victory.
    If you really feel that way about Obama then voting for him again makes no sense IMO. Granted the system is rigged and this is all an illusion anyways. But falling in line has never been my approach to it. I'm a rebel at heart and refuse to go along with the status quo. Obama and Romney are the problem. Voting for them makes you an accessory to it.





    "Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    Tetragrammaton's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    9,554
    vCash:
    2377
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    If you really feel that way about Obama then voting for him again makes no sense IMO. Granted the system is rigged and this is all an illusion anyways. But falling in line has never been my approach to it. I'm a rebel at heart and refuse to go along with the status quo. Obama and Romney are the problem. Voting for them makes you an accessory to it.
    I am voting for Jill Stein, but I would prefer an Obama victory.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,095
    vCash:
    6999
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
    I am voting for Jill Stein, but I would prefer an Obama victory.
    She got arrested outside the debate.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...elections-2012
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    phins_4_ever's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    3,907
    vCash:
    19672
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    She got arrested outside the debate.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...elections-2012
    In my opinion this 15% in national polls is BS. If people who create the polls only ask about Romney and Obama how can anybody get 15% in national polls. Bipartisan debate commission? Well they may consist of Democrats and Republicans but both are better served leaving any third party candidate out of the debates. I think any presidential candidate should be allowed into the debates.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    WVDolphan's Avatar
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    14,741
    vCash:
    10711
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
    I am voting for Jill Stein, but I would prefer an Obama victory.
    You must be talking about some small local election. Surely you arent speaking about the office of PRESIDENT of the United States.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    CedarPhin's Avatar
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2008
    Posts:
    22,100
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm voting for Gary Johnson, or writing in Ron Paul, or just putting some random name, and just voting on the issues.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    COphinphan89's Avatar
    Ours is the fury.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    5,049
    vCash:
    3468
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    I'm voting for Gary Johnson, or writing in Ron Paul, or just putting some random name, and just voting on the issues.
    Same here. Gary Johnson and YES on Amendment 64 (legalize weed).
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    Tetragrammaton's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    9,554
    vCash:
    2377
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    You must be talking about some small local election. Surely you arent speaking about the office of PRESIDENT of the United States.
    No.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    Tetragrammaton's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    9,554
    vCash:
    2377
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    In my opinion this 15% in national polls is BS. If people who create the polls only ask about Romney and Obama how can anybody get 15% in national polls. Bipartisan debate commission? Well they may consist of Democrats and Republicans but both are better served leaving any third party candidate out of the debates. I think any presidential candidate should be allowed into the debates.
    The two party system will always exist as long as we have the election system we have. Even if you allowed the Greens and the Libertarians at the debate it would still be the Democrats versus the Republicans because people will vote for the one they like better that has a real shot at winning. Parliamentary systems would be better at fostering additional parties.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Article on Making Sense of the Draft Process
    By matt11390 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2012, 01:05 PM
  2. this isnt making sense
    By Lorenzo Rules in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-04-2011, 01:20 PM
  3. why trading up is making sense...
    By MrEd in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-17-2007, 07:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •