Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl 50: Miami versus Santa Clara

1. -11
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This news makes me think Stephen Ross will go into overdrive into finally upgrading Sun Life Stadium so the grand Super Bowl L can be played in Miami (which it should thanks to the history). Otherwise a brand new stadium in Santa Clara will take it. So like I said Ross will finally make some plans just so Miami can lure the Super Bowl back home
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Fins4life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    winter park fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EJay View Post
    Hasn't Miami hosted the most SB's or close to it? This may factor into the decision a bit. Think about it. Wouldn't it make more sense to host the SB's 50th anniversary in a location where it already has a ton of history? Think of how many memorable SB's have been played in Miami, including the infamous SB3 with Joe Willie Namath.
    my thinking exactly

Here's hoping for the new look dolphins offense.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm surprised it wasn't between Santa Clara and Minnesota. Seems like brand new stadiums are guaranteed to host a super bowl within 3 years of existence. Miami so needs a new stadium. lol If they announced today that Miami would be getting a new stadium in the future, I would be ecstatic. If Miami had a new stadium, Goodell would literally put the SB in Miami every other year lol.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytona Fin View Post

That looks ugly as hell. Where were the complaints about the weather when fans filled up the Orange Bowl?
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was in Santa Clara at the stadium site in July, and there really was much built yet. It is on the backside of Great America Amusement Park which is not much of anything. It is across the street from a nice municipal golf course. Pretty much it is surrounded by high tech companies. I can't say that there are a ton of places to eat, party, or have any fun nearby. There are a whole lot of techno-nerds not your usual football kinda folk. If you are planning on driving anywhere around there, be prepared for non user friendly traffic packed highways. However there is really excellent public transportation that stops directly in front of the site. If the powers that be actually care about fan experience Super Bowl 50 would be in Miami.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolph N.Fan View Post
    That looks ugly as hell. Where were the complaints about the weather when fans filled up the Orange Bowl?
    or in the late 80s through the 90s at joe robbie stadium. Must be global warming.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytona Fin View Post
    or in the late 80s through the 90s at joe robbie stadium. Must be global warming.
    I'm thinking the same thing haha.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Running @ 24 FPS

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by EJay View Post
    Hasn't Miami hosted the most SB's or close to it? This may factor into the decision a bit. Think about it. Wouldn't it make more sense to host the SB's 50th anniversary in a location where it already has a ton of history? Think of how many memorable SB's have been played in Miami, including the infamous SB3 with Joe Willie Namath. Santa Clara has no history. In fact, the greater Bay Area has only hosted ONE SB ever (yeah, I know our Dolphins lost there).

Santa Clara can host it another time. It should be hosted in Miami based upon history and the fact that this is the Golden Anniversary for the greatest sporting event held each and every year.
    Yes Miami has hosted 10.
    The New Orleans area is a close 2nd with 9.
    This years Super Bowl will be held in the Superdome, that will tie them with Miami after the conclusion of this season.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Lost in the fog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd have to agree with Baller. While the Bay Area is very lovely, the South Bay Area (Santa Clara, San Jose etc.) would be the least lovely of all of it. To those of us who live in SF, it feels like the Niners are moving really far away...there just aren't many reasons to head down to the South Bay unless you live/work over there, compared to the rest of the SF Bay Area. We live in SF and my wife works in Santa Clara. Her commute is well over an hour. Though I haven't spent significant time in Miami, I do think the SuperBowl "experience" would be much better there. Santa Clara hosting the SB WOULD ABSOLUTELY NOT be like San Francisco hosting the SB, though I am sure that is how they will try to pitch it.
    Quote Quote