Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hypothetical...

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Hypothetical...

Keenan, Clowney and Milliner are all on the board when Miami makes it's first selection. Who do you take? (I know it's pretty much impossible, it's just a hypothetical)
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    I hate everyone else in the AFC East

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Clowney the DE from SC? I believe he is only a soph more and didnt redshirt so he can't come out yet.
    Let's go Miami!!!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Clowney is a true soph so don't have to worry bout that
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Milliner. But we would certainly have to be in top 10 for that, jmo. Milliner will be a shut down corner, which would take this defense to the elite level.

We could go offense pretty much the rest of the draft after that, I still see us needing 1 of these beast DE's that come out and a safety.

Quick question, gamedays Jones has been playing Free Safety all year and people feel we need a FS.....is that because they think Jones is playing Bell's position or is that because he is playing out of position due to need. IMO, Clemons is a SS, more of a backup SS but lacks agility to be free. So when people ask for FS is that because Jones would slide to SS? I MO he is playing very well there, and is fierce against the run and has played the bal, and the man well. I like him there at FS. So if he's the FS then we need to look at the SS of the draft.

anyways, imo the 3 D needs we have to address is CB, DE, and S. We have a bunch of picks, and could be inline for more who knows maybe big Jake can get franchised and traded......just saying.....obviously we do NEED to surround RT17 with weaponry, and Greyboy put up a stat in another post, that RT17 is #32 with redzone TD's per pass attempt. Thats a horrible stat that needs addressing, over and over.

I do believe that Sherman will have a huge hand in player personnel decisions. So far offensive acquisitions this offseason from Sherman have been very good. I'd think that some A&M guys will be on their way here.....possibly
    Last edited by cullenbigcstill; 10-18-2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: clean it up a lil
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cullenbigcstill View Post
    Milliner. But we would certainly have to be in top 10 for that, jmo. Milliner will be a shut down corner, which would take this defense to the elite level.

We could go offense pretty much the rest of the draft after that, I still see us needing 1 of these beast DE's that come out and a safety.

Quick question, gamedays Jones has been playing Free Safety all year and people feel we need a FS.....is that because they think Jones is playing Bell's position or is that because he is playing out of position due to need. IMO, Clemons is a SS, more of a backup SS but lacks agility to be free. So when people ask for FS is that because Jones would slide to SS? I MO he is playing very well there, and is fierce against the run and has played the bal, and the man well. I like him there at FS. So if he's the FS then we need to look at the SS of the draft.

anyways, imo the 3 D needs we have to address is CB, DE, and S. We have a bunch of picks, and could be inline for more who knows maybe big Jake can get franchised and traded......just saying.....obviously we do NEED to surround RT17 with weaponry, and Greyboy put up a stat in another post, that RT17 is #32 with redzone TD's per pass attempt. Thats a horrible stat that needs addressing, over and over.

I do believe that Sherman will have a huge hand in player personnel decisions. So far offensive acquisitions this offseason from Sherman have been very good. I'd think that some A&M guys will be on their way here.....possibly
    As soon as you said Sherman will have huge hand in player decisions I thoughtwho is at A&M right now? I don't know off hand. Do you think there is some 2 to 4th round talent there?
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Repin the MIA in AZ!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Swoope would be my guess from A&M.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think our top need right now is a #1 WR, unless we decide to trade for one this year, or in the off season. Clowney received all of the accolades and people are saying he has the size and speed to be one of the greatest college players ever, but I also have heard he is kind of lazy and his work effort just isn't that great. If we are looking at a shutdown defensive lineman, I would take Star Lutulelei. The guy is a beast.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Swope at WR and Porter at OLB/DE (a little small for DE at the moment) are some 2-3 round picks...They are dealing with that new coaching staff, so Swope may last til the 3rd. I'd def grab him in the 3rd, but still would like another receiver selected as well. Maybe that guy Nwachukwu would be a later round guy to look at well, was a solid producer for the aggies good size in that Philbin and Co mold.

Roman you would select Star even though we have Solia, possibly Starks, possibly Starks replacement in Odrick, McDaniel and Randall? With the needs we have and the best talent available their seems to be players at when Star would be available that could help us more now and maye possibly in the future. I do agree with you thinking that Star will be a stud...I'm scared somehow this guy becomes a DE for the Ravens somehow....I hope not, not with Ngata and Cody already, that would be a beast 3-4 d-line!

Wr is a huge need, but that Milliner guy is good, so another CB who could be in our range is Xavier Rhodes from FSU, who looks to be nearly as good. I like Trufant in the mid second round as well. He has pedigree, but more important he takes players away from offenses, they wont throw at him, he has the size to play boundary but also to excel in the slot as well. I really believe a top corner along with SS24 and Reshad Jones would make our D elite, add another passrusher in the second and they would become the best in a few years. I love the youth of our D, and this would add to it, but we would have alot of talent there as well. We do NEED weaponry for RT17, but as you can see this is still a strong defensive team, and I believe we will continue to be a strong defensive team while Philbin and Co remain here, jmo.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    Keenan, Clowney and Milliner are all on the board when Miami makes it's first selection. Who do you take? (I know it's pretty much impossible, it's just a hypothetical)
    Clowney is going to be the #1 overall pick when he declares . . . he'd probably take that title this year if he's eligible. I don't wanna discourage you because I know you said hypothetical, but outside of Miami floundering next year (which would raise alot of questions on Tannehill and the coach) . . . he won't be a Dolphin.

I'd take Millner if I had a choice between him and Allen, and it isn't as close as you'd think. You can find WR's in this draft that fit what Joe Philbin/Mike Sherman wanna do later on . . . to bring in a potential shut down guy like Millner, and throw him with Sean Smith . . . that would be huge to this defense. I'd move Richard Marshall to Free Safety and REshad Jones at SS . . . then you have guys like Carroll and Wilson with another year in the system to man the nickel and 4th CB spots. I'd also draft another CB in this draft.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd go Miliner and trade back up for Justin Hunter. Don't know if that's possible as both players could be top 15, Miliner maybe top 10.
    Quote Quote