Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 79 of 105 FirstFirst ... 7475767778798081828384 ... LastLast

Thread: ***The Official Miami Heat Thread***

1. -781
    Resident Montana Griz pimp for Miami :)

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Great Falls, MT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We're going to re-sign Wade, Bosh, and LeBron, Haslem is for sure coming back, we have cap space, Miami is going to get a LOT better this offseason much to the chagrin of the rest of the NBA, get ready to deal with it biznitches
    Quote Quote  

2. -782
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Yeah, no surprise here. Now, the question is how much the Big 3 will discount for upgrading the roster? Will it be enough to add Lowery at PG or, will we add a few lessor players?

The rest of the NBA is pissed that 3 players are working out deals on the cap before teams can do the same. SCREW THEM!!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -783
    Bleeding 305 since 1987

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

Report: LeBron wants 1-2 year deal at max; Bosh five years, Wade four years.

Bosh and Wade take paycuts...Bosh can get at least 15 mil anywhere else but Lebron only wants 1-2 deal? Not cool. These guys are sacrificing money for you. Stay long term.

I get it, he wants to see how it works out but that's a bit diva like. I don't like it.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...at-12-million/
    Quote Quote  

4. -784
    You could have had free beer, for shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan3773 View Post
    Bosh and Wade take paycuts...Bosh can get at least 15 mil anywhere else but Lebron only wants 1-2 deal? Not cool. These guys are sacrificing money for you. Stay long term.

I get it, he wants to see how it works out but that's a bit diva like. I don't like it.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...at-12-million/
    I smell bull****.
    Once Dmac is drafted a Dmac Jersey will spontaneously materialize in the closet of each and every Dolfan...

...and not that replica crap either...
    Quote Quote  

5. -785
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    LeBron James' impatience with the Miami Heat's efforts to improve their roster has led to his agent courting new teams for the free agent, according to Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski:

"After conducting meetings with three NBA teams interested in pursuing free-agent star LeBron James, his agent suggested to owners and executives present that a failure of Miami president Pat Riley to rapidly recruit a strong supporting cast could bring finalists back to meet with James himself next week, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Rich Paul, the agent for James, invited three teams – Cleveland, Dallas and Phoenix – to the offices of his Klutch Sports headquarters to listen to pitches."
    http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/...bcs&ocid=yahoo

In my time posting on here ive expressed some controversial opinions(shocking i know), but perhaps the one that enraged the members on here the most was my disgust towards Jason Taylor's antics.
    First Taylor wanted to leave in 2008 because he didnt want to go through another rebuilding effort. "Fair enough, thanks for the years JT but if you dont want to be here then we will prove this team is bigger than you, good luck with the Redskins".
    Then we start winning and he wants to come back. "Fine, glad to have you back".
    Then we start losing again and he passes on a contract extension during the season. After not getting the offers he expected in free agency, he demanded a contract extension while declaring his undying love for this team and expressed a willingness to wait until after the draft. Naturally, he then signs with the Jets before the draft. Following that season, he pleads to come back to the team. "****. You."

Im about at that point with LeBron. If he wants the team to add talent, cool. If he wants a max contract, cool. If he wants to leave for another contender, cool. If he is uncertain about what he wants, cool. But have some ****ing consistency. Thats all. I dont think thats to much to ask. Yet not a day goes by without hearing a new demand or another reason why hes ready to bolt. By all appearances he wants everything and nothing, he is willing to be patient but wants results right now, and if Riley doesnt take his demands seriously(!1!!) then hes outta here! Its possible this is an example of Finheaven's number 1 excuse(media's fault!!!!) and hes made his demands known to the front office perfectly clear. But it doesnt seem like it. Not even close.

What LeBron's doing isnt keeping his options open, its sabotage.

Again: if LeBron feels another organization can give him whatever he wants and the Heat cant then he should leave. Thats fine. If he trusts another organization to be better than Arison and Riley, by all means go. He has a limited career and should do whats in his best interest. I appreciate the hell out of the last few years and have no complaints or real regrets about the last 4 seasons(other than not going 4 for 4, but im certainly pleased with 2 rings). What this post is about is one simple concept: dont break **** and bitch about how its broken.
    Last edited by Spesh; 07-04-2014 at 07:26 PM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -786
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Im about at that point with LeBron. If he wants the team to add talent, cool. If he wants a max contract, cool. If he wants to leave for another contender, cool. If he is uncertain about what he wants, cool. But have some ****ing consistency. Thats all. I dont think thats to much to ask. Yet not a day goes by without hearing a new demand or another reason why hes ready to bolt. By all appearances he wants everything and nothing, he is willing to be patient but wants results right now, and if Riley doesnt take his demands seriously(!1!!) then hes outta here! Its possible this is an example of Finheaven's number 1 excuse(media's fault!!!!) and hes made his demands known to the front office perfectly clear. But it doesnt seem like it. Not even close.

What LeBron's doing isnt keeping his options open, its sabotage.

Again: if LeBron feels another organization can give him whatever he wants and the Heat cant then he should leave. Thats fine. If he trusts another organization to be better than Arison and Riley, by all means go. He has a limited career and should do whats in his best interest. I appreciate the hell out of the last few years and have no complaints or real regrets about the last 4 seasons(other than not going 4 for 4, but im certainly pleased with 2 rings). What this post is about is one simple concept: dont break **** and bitch about how its broken.
    In the unlikely event he leaves, Carmelo wouldn't be a bad consolation prize. I've heard people say all along that Melo only wants to play either in Miami or New York, and if Miami wasn't a realistic option than he's probably heading back to NY. I don't know how true that is, but I did hear it.

Lord knows James deserves a max contract, but at the same time that makes it harder to meet his roster demands. I think he's being a bit shortsighted with the whole process. He just got beat by a team with terrific chemistry who's had their big-three together for close to fifteen years now, and all three of them routinely take pay-cuts in order to help the team. Prior to this past year, the Spurs hadn't won the title since '07. It doesn't always happen every year.

Four days after lifting the Larry O’Brien Trophy for the fifth time, Tim Duncan quietly opted in to make a team-friendly $10,361,446 next season. Which reminds us: Wait, Tim Duncan made roughly three times less than Kobe Bryant did last season? How could this happen?
    I also have to believe it would be easier to recruit free-agents had James already been under contract. I would've liked to see him sign a five year deal, and then maybe add an opt-out after the second or third year. Maybe even more important than short-term roster concerns are long-term management concerns. I think Pat is a smooth exec, and Arison a willing owner. I would commit to them and have faith that The Don is going to take care of things eventually.

Phoenix, Dallas, and Cleveland do not give him a better chance to win a title this year, or going forward, for obvious reasons. As a quick aside, I can't believe the Suns are about to offer Eric Bledsoe a max-money type of contract. Even without the health concerns, I think they'll come to regret that within a year or two. Push comes to shove, I'd probably just rather pay Dragic a year from now when he becomes an UFA, and move on from their two PG system. Dallas might be interesting a year from now when some of their expiring contracts are up, but not this year. Cleveland gonna Cleveland.

The only two teams that give James about as good a chance to win a title this year are Chicago and Houston. Houston would have to trade Jeremy Lin somehow. I've heard the Sixers might be willing to take on his contract if Houston tosses in a few first round picks. That would also mean that you'd be letting RFA Chandler Parsons walk. I would be concerned with Dwight's free-throw shooting, late-game efficiency, and questionable intangibles.

As far as Chicago goes, I'd be weary about playing for Reinsdorf long-term. The man has been notoriously cheap as an owner, and the Carlos Boozer situation is just the latest example. This is a guy who would prefer to package valuable assets like draft picks and young players such as Jimmy Butler along with Boozer in a sign-&-trade, rather than just amnesty his ass and pay him his seventeen million. Reinsdorf is in one of the biggest television markets in the NBA, owns one of the most profitable teams in the NBA, and won't take a seventeen million dollar hit in the face of recruiting two of the biggest free-agents to ever hit the market. That's not even mentioning D-Rose's knee problems.

Stay in Miami, Bron Bron. We make creepy shrines for you.
    Quote Quote  

7. -787
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post

Stay in Miami, Bron Bron. We make creepy shrines for you.
    No dead chickens and Santería beads ? i thought we were going all out to keep James

I too am just happy for the last four exciting championship runs and two titles so if he left tomorrow I ain't mad.
    I'm thinking Lebron just loves the attention of teams willing to do anything to sign him. Even Wade got caught up in it 4 years ago visiting Chicago.
    Egos need to be stroked.His might be the biggest of them all (see "The decision")
    In the end though I don't think the teams mentioned as possible suitors can offer anything close to the stability of management Miami can. Riley will pull a rabbit out of his hat and the king stays here for at least two more years.
    If not it's been a fun unexpected ride. c'est la vie
    Quote Quote  

8. -788
    You could have had free beer, for shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ennis and Napier kicked ass last night.

I think Ennis will definitely get into the rotation this season.
    Quote Quote  

9. -789
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really hope Ennis and Napier have big roles off the bench this season. Ennis especially looks ready. After dominating the NBL, he has continued that play in summer league. Let the man play in the nba.

Looks more and more like Bosh runs to Houston for the money. Melo and Lebron if that happens in Miami? If not we could grab Gasol who is a better rebounder then Bosh. Or Deng. Could open the flood though if bosh leaves lebron leaves to Cleveland perhaps.
    Quote Quote  

10. -790
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    I don't buy Bosh going to Houston but if he does maybe Deng AND Gasol come here. Should be enough to get James and Wade to sign.
    Ray , Haslem and Birdman probably return as well and we go from there
    Quote Quote