Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Congressman declares abortions never necessary to save womans life.

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Congressman declares abortions never necessary to save womans life.

Republican Congressman Joe Walsh of Illinois said after his Thursday debate against Democratic rival Tammy Duckworth that abortions are never necessary to save a pregnant woman's life, because modern technology has eliminated the risks of childbearing.

Walsh was defending his position that abortion should be outlawed with no exceptions, which is also the Republican Party's official stance on the issue.

"With modern technology and science, you can't find one instance" of a pregnant woman's life being at risk, he told reporters after the debate. "There is no such exception as life of the mother, and as far as health of the mother, same thing." He added that "advances in science and technology" meant that abortion is never necessary for the health of a mother.

Walsh, a freshman Congressman, is currently trailing Duckworth, a veteran of the Iraq War, in the polls.
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/c...-election.html

Wonder why he's losing in the polls. 10 to 1 he questions why he lost the woman voting block after the election.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post

Wonder why he's losing in the polls. 10 to 1 he questions why he lost the woman voting block after the election.
    Itís a shame we live in a country where a person has to support murder in order to get a majority of women to vote for him. Kudos Walsh for standing up for what is right.
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    It’s a shame we live in a country where a person has to support murder in order to get a majority of women to vote for him. Kudos Walsh for standing up for what is right.
    I to applaud his stance on alienating women. Admittedly, I look forward to great laughs when he loses the election and the right starts whining incoherently about how unfair it was and how the poll numbers were really doctored.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    It’s a shame we live in a country where a person has to support murder in order to get a majority of women to vote for him. Kudos Walsh for standing up for what is right.
    Hell yeah Pro-Life!!!! We need to stand together and defend life!!! No wars and death penalty too!!! High Five!!!!

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Just curious, is he factually incorrect? I dont presume to tell women what they can and cant do, but i'd love to know if his stance can be disproven. I've never heard that one before.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    Just curious, is he factually incorrect? I dont presume to tell women what they can and cant do, but i'd love to know if his stance can be disproven. I've never heard that one before.
    Sounds like he is stating that women never die during childbirth anymore, which is completely false.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...elopment-goals

According to that study, the U.S. is actually one of the worst at approximately 17 mothers dying during birth out of every 100,000 births. I hate that these politicians lie like no one's business and no one calls them out on it...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Sounds like he is stating that women never die during childbirth anymore, which is completely false.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...elopment-goals

According to that study, the U.S. is actually one of the worst at approximately 17 mothers dying during birth out of every 100,000 births. I hate that these politicians lie like no one's business and no one calls them out on it...
    The rate increased to 21 in every 100,000 live births, putting us "behind Western Europe, Canada and Australia and alongside Iran, Hungary and Turkey," but that's another issue...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/worl...years-ago.html

But abortions are "never necessary" because modern technology has "eliminated the risks of childbirth."

He lied. If he wants to oppose abortion based on his religious beliefs, fine, that's his right and I can respect that, even though I wholeheartedly disagree. But to flat out lie and to have the audacity to try and use science to defend his position...

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    There are medical conditions that exists that threaten a womans ability to survive a child birth. Declaring "none such exist" is factually incorrect. Medical professionals will undoubtedly side against him.

Medical experts note that there are some cases where the only option in the case of complications sustained during pregnancy is to abort the foetus. PubMed Health, the online medical library funded by the National Center for Biotechnology Information notes that some complications in pregnancy, such as an ectopic pregnancy, are life-threatening to the mother. "The developing cells must be removed to save the mother's life," the resource states.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...ly-unneccesary

Another article about the remarks but has an example of life threatening conditions.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There are medical conditions that exists that threaten a womans ability to survive a child birth. Declaring "none such exist" is factually incorrect. Medical professionals will undoubtedly side against him.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...ly-unneccesary

Another article about the remarks but has an example of life threatening conditions.
    People die when having their tonsels and appendix removed as well, any kind of surgery presents SOME risk. But to use the safety of the mother as a reason to support abortion is not being realistic. Most mothers who are told there is complications and there is a 50% chance you won't survive (which is WAAAAY higher than any I have heard of) would still be willing to take the chance to save their child. Just like fathers and mothers have put their lives in danger when wild animals, armed robberies, machinery, or other forces are threating their children.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    People die when having their tonsels and appendix removed as well, any kind of surgery presents SOME risk. But to use the safety of the mother as a reason to support abortion is not being realistic. Most mothers who are told there is complications and there is a 50% chance you won't survive (which is WAAAAY higher than any I have heard of) would still be willing to take the chance to save their child. Just like fathers and mothers have put their lives in danger when wild animals, armed robberies, machinery, or other forces are threating their children.
    Research "ectopic pregnancy," then come back and tell me how that's at all similar to a parent protecting their child from a lion.
    Quote Quote