Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53

Thread: Congressman declares abortions never necessary to save womans life.

Hybrid View

  1. -1
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    7,876
    vCash:
    3368
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Congressman declares abortions never necessary to save womans life.

    Republican Congressman Joe Walsh of Illinois said after his Thursday debate against Democratic rival Tammy Duckworth that abortions are never necessary to save a pregnant woman's life, because modern technology has eliminated the risks of childbearing.

    Walsh was defending his position that abortion should be outlawed with no exceptions, which is also the Republican Party's official stance on the issue.

    "With modern technology and science, you can't find one instance" of a pregnant woman's life being at risk, he told reporters after the debate. "There is no such exception as life of the mother, and as far as health of the mother, same thing." He added that "advances in science and technology" meant that abortion is never necessary for the health of a mother.

    Walsh, a freshman Congressman, is currently trailing Duckworth, a veteran of the Iraq War, in the polls.
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/c...-election.html

    Wonder why he's losing in the polls. 10 to 1 he questions why he lost the woman voting block after the election.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Statler Waldorf's Avatar
    Bench Warmer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    1,261
    vCash:
    1259
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/c...-election.html

    Wonder why he's losing in the polls. 10 to 1 he questions why he lost the woman voting block after the election.
    Itís a shame we live in a country where a person has to support murder in order to get a majority of women to vote for him. Kudos Walsh for standing up for what is right.
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    7,876
    vCash:
    3368
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    It’s a shame we live in a country where a person has to support murder in order to get a majority of women to vote for him. Kudos Walsh for standing up for what is right.
    I to applaud his stance on alienating women. Admittedly, I look forward to great laughs when he loses the election and the right starts whining incoherently about how unfair it was and how the poll numbers were really doctored.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,085
    vCash:
    6917
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    It’s a shame we live in a country where a person has to support murder in order to get a majority of women to vote for him. Kudos Walsh for standing up for what is right.
    Hell yeah Pro-Life!!!! We need to stand together and defend life!!! No wars and death penalty too!!! High Five!!!!





    "Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    MoFinz's Avatar
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    3,052
    vCash:
    1016
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/c...-election.html

    Wonder why he's losing in the polls. 10 to 1 he questions why he lost the woman voting block after the election.
    Just curious, is he factually incorrect? I dont presume to tell women what they can and cant do, but i'd love to know if his stance can be disproven. I've never heard that one before.


    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,793
    vCash:
    4794
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    Just curious, is he factually incorrect? I dont presume to tell women what they can and cant do, but i'd love to know if his stance can be disproven. I've never heard that one before.
    Sounds like he is stating that women never die during childbirth anymore, which is completely false.

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...elopment-goals

    According to that study, the U.S. is actually one of the worst at approximately 17 mothers dying during birth out of every 100,000 births. I hate that these politicians lie like no one's business and no one calls them out on it...

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    20,577
    vCash:
    18500
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Sounds like he is stating that women never die during childbirth anymore, which is completely false.

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...elopment-goals

    According to that study, the U.S. is actually one of the worst at approximately 17 mothers dying during birth out of every 100,000 births. I hate that these politicians lie like no one's business and no one calls them out on it...
    The rate increased to 21 in every 100,000 live births, putting us "behind Western Europe, Canada and Australia and alongside Iran, Hungary and Turkey," but that's another issue...

    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/worl...years-ago.html

    But abortions are "never necessary" because modern technology has "eliminated the risks of childbirth."

    He lied. If he wants to oppose abortion based on his religious beliefs, fine, that's his right and I can respect that, even though I wholeheartedly disagree. But to flat out lie and to have the audacity to try and use science to defend his position...





    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    7,876
    vCash:
    3368
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    Just curious, is he factually incorrect? I dont presume to tell women what they can and cant do, but i'd love to know if his stance can be disproven. I've never heard that one before.
    There are medical conditions that exists that threaten a womans ability to survive a child birth. Declaring "none such exist" is factually incorrect. Medical professionals will undoubtedly side against him.

    Medical experts note that there are some cases where the only option in the case of complications sustained during pregnancy is to abort the foetus. PubMed Health, the online medical library funded by the National Center for Biotechnology Information notes that some complications in pregnancy, such as an ectopic pregnancy, are life-threatening to the mother. "The developing cells must be removed to save the mother's life," the resource states.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...ly-unneccesary

    Another article about the remarks but has an example of life threatening conditions.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    5,442
    vCash:
    8783
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    There are medical conditions that exists that threaten a womans ability to survive a child birth. Declaring "none such exist" is factually incorrect. Medical professionals will undoubtedly side against him.



    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...ly-unneccesary

    Another article about the remarks but has an example of life threatening conditions.
    People die when having their tonsels and appendix removed as well, any kind of surgery presents SOME risk. But to use the safety of the mother as a reason to support abortion is not being realistic. Most mothers who are told there is complications and there is a 50% chance you won't survive (which is WAAAAY higher than any I have heard of) would still be willing to take the chance to save their child. Just like fathers and mothers have put their lives in danger when wild animals, armed robberies, machinery, or other forces are threating their children.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    8,305
    vCash:
    30706
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    People die when having their tonsels and appendix removed as well, any kind of surgery presents SOME risk. But to use the safety of the mother as a reason to support abortion is not being realistic. Most mothers who are told there is complications and there is a 50% chance you won't survive (which is WAAAAY higher than any I have heard of) would still be willing to take the chance to save their child. Just like fathers and mothers have put their lives in danger when wild animals, armed robberies, machinery, or other forces are threating their children.
    Research "ectopic pregnancy," then come back and tell me how that's at all similar to a parent protecting their child from a lion.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-20-2013, 08:23 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 09:08 PM
  3. Breast implants save woman's life
    By Prophet in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-16-2006, 01:54 PM
  4. This could save your life
    By Puka-head in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-22-2006, 03:11 PM
  5. This could save your life
    By Puka-head in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-21-2006, 11:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •