Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My First Mock (three rounds)

1. -11
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I do not think Hunter will be available when we pick. If we go WR with our 1st it will be between Woods USC, Williams Baylor or Rogers Tenn Tech. I honestly think that we are going to be picking 15 - 21. So with that in mind all of the #1s and most #2 at any impact position will be gone. I feel what Ireland needs to do is make a list of his top 2 at WR, CB and DE and whomever is the highest left on his list available we select.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    I do not think Hunter will be available when we pick. If we go WR with our 1st it will be between Woods USC, Williams Baylor or Rogers Tenn Tech. I honestly think that we are going to be picking 15 - 21. So with that in mind all of the #1s and most #2 at any impact position will be gone. I feel what Ireland needs to do is make a list of his top 2 at WR, CB and DE and whomever is the highest left on his list available we select.
    Or package some picks and trade up for an impact guy. But I think you're right about Hunter being gone. He probably goes top 15 and Miami may be sitting outside that range.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My Mock Draft

Round One - Robert Woods WR

Round Two - David Amerson CB
    Round Two - Shayne Skov LB

Round Three - Stedman Bailey WR
    Round Three - Datone Jones DE
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    Or package some picks and trade up for an impact guy. But I think you're right about Hunter being gone. He probably goes top 15 and Miami may be sitting outside that range.
    I want 5 guys. I'm am going to advocate against packaging picks to move up. I love Phil in and Sherman's influence. I don't see us missing on 2nd rounders like the past. With the right 5 guys in next years 1st three rounds we can be a strong playoff contender in 2013.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think the draft will dictated by how much money our free agents are demanding. OT becomes a major need if Jake Long wants Joe Thomas money. We have no replacement for him and depth across the o-line is terrible. If Martin flips from the right side to the left, there is still a hole. If Randy Starks and Tony McDaniel want big money then DT becomes a problem. Jared Odrick can kick inside and Olivier Vernon starts at DE. We know we already need help on pass rush and help in the secondary...especially if Sean Smith wants to get paid. Having said all that, I would be surprised if we take a WR in the first round...despite our lack of playmakers. Plus, we're having difficulty extending Hartline. This offseason will be interesting to say the least.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BC26 View Post
    I think the draft will dictated by how much money our free agents are demanding. OT becomes a major need if Jake Long wants Joe Thomas money. We have no replacement for him and depth across the o-line is terrible. If Martin flips from the right side to the left, there is still a hole. If Randy Starks and Tony McDaniel want big money then DT becomes a problem. Jared Odrick can kick inside and Olivier Vernon starts at DE. We know we already need help on pass rush and help in the secondary...especially if Sean Smith wants to get paid. Having said all that, I would be surprised if we take a WR in the first round...despite our lack of playmakers. Plus, we're having difficulty extending Hartline. This offseason will be interesting to say the least.
    It seems as if you are basically saying everyone of our FA will want big money. I really don't think this is going to happen. There is no way all our FA will be offered big contracts with other teams. Not going to happen. We also have something going for us next season. A reason to want to play in Miami, and that makes a huge difference. Philbin brought in an aire that players are buying into and it shows positive results. If a player wants huge money I'm all for letting them walk. I want guys that want to be in Miami and do not want to be handicapped by contracts like Dansy and Long. That has hurt this team over the last 5 -8 years. We have 10+ picks in the draft with smarter people influencing the decisions now. I never want to see us overpay for a FA again and I don't think we have to. The successful teams in the NFL do not do this.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Keenan ****ing Allen please.

Unless we sign Jennings or Wallace or Bowe in FA, if we do that then grab a pass rusher or CB

Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why do people like Amerson? Have you watched him play? if you're frustrated with our CB's now, this guy would not upgrade our secondary at all, I don't think he'd be any better than Clemons at safety either. He is so stiff and gets turned around all the time. He has let his team down big time.....
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by cullenbigcstill View Post
    Why do people like Amerson? Have you watched him play? if you're frustrated with our CB's now, this guy would not upgrade our secondary at all, I don't think he'd be any better than Clemons at safety either. He is so stiff and gets turned around all the time. He has let his team down big time.....
    They don't watch him play they just look at his stats.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not a big fan of Devon Taylor but I'd be cool with that package of players. Tavon Austin could eventually spell Davone Bess' doom. Justin Hunter is one of those guys that you take on potential. There are some big proponents of Chase Thomas out there although I'm not sure if he fits as a 4-3 End.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote