Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My First Mock (three rounds)

1. -31
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i like banks for the playmaking and length...i love length...not that milliner is short or anything...i think bama hides some of milliners weaknesses with the scheme and maybe the talent around him...but i love banks arm length and i think he has high end tools...and he will make plays on the ball at the next level...he's gonna have to play with more sound technique and not squat so much at the next level but if he runs better than 4.5 i will be floored if he gets out of the top half of round 1...i'm a big guy for upside and i think banks upside is higher than milliners...
    I do, though, think that Milliner would fit right into what we do on D. He'd be a good get for us in the 1st. He hasn't been my first option, but if we continue to win, he might be my first realistic option for us when it's all said and done.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i like banks for the playmaking and length...i love length...not that milliner is short or anything...i think bama hides some of milliners weaknesses with the scheme and maybe the talent around him...but i love banks arm length and i think he has high end tools...and he will make plays on the ball at the next level...he's gonna have to play with more sound technique and not squat so much at the next level but if he runs better than 4.5 i will be floored if he gets out of the top half of round 1...i'm a big guy for upside and i think banks upside is higher than milliners...
    More or less exactly my feeling too. Banks has elite traits about him.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the thing about banks is you can check off just about every box there is on a guy with that kid...he's played a high end boundary cb at the highest level of college football against the best competition on a weekly basis in the sec...he's been productive and a difference maker as far as take aways...he's got premium length and ball awareness and looks comfortable in man and zone...he shows off high end tools and quick acceleration despite a long stride at that length and he's played in a conference and scheme where he must tackle...terrific arm length also which means he's gonna be in more throwing windows even if he does possess some slight stiffness in his hips than a lot of guys with better hips but shorter arms...and i'm not even sure i see stiffness in his hips...very fluid looking player...and to top it all off i've heard nothing but class kid and class act stuff about him so there's no character concerns to worry about...

sign me up...again though does it get out of the top 15??? hell no says me...not unless he runs a bad #
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    the thing about banks is you can check off just about every box there is on a guy with that kid...he's played a high end boundary cb at the highest level of college football against the best competition on a weekly basis in the sec...he's been productive and a difference maker as far as take aways...he's got premium length and ball awareness and looks comfortable in man and zone...he shows off high end tools and quick acceleration despite a long stride at that length and he's played in a conference and scheme where he must tackle...terrific arm length also which means he's gonna be in more throwing windows even if he does possess some slight stiffness in his hips than a lot of guys with better hips but shorter arms...and i'm not even sure i see stiffness in his hips...very fluid looking player...and to top it all off i've heard nothing but class kid and class act stuff about him so there's no character concerns to worry about...

sign me up...again though does it get out of the top 15??? hell no says me...not unless he runs a bad #
    You think he's the first CB taken in the draft? I don't have my matrix with me for draft order but I think the top 10 is something like:

1. Kansas City (QB all the way)
    2. Carolina (defense...most likely DT)
    3. Jacksonville (what don't they need?)
    4. Cleveland (WR I think, maybe pass rusher)
    5. New Orleans (defense)
    6. Oakland (don't really know)
    7. Cincy (CB? RB?)
    8. Buffalo (QB? CB? LB?)
    9. St. Louis (defense)
    10. Jets (QB? RB? Pass rusher?)

I'll start posting the draft order next week after we've played 8 games.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Yet again I agree. the kid has a fluidity and instinctiveness that belies his frame. I dont see stiff hips at all. He can be pretty physical too, when he wants to be.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

I like Banks better than Gilmore and Gilmore went top 10.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    I thought Gilmore was overdrafted...but there are always teams, like the Bills, that go outside the box. All you need is one team to love you.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    that's a no brainer...the bills best player they got was the 2nd rounder cordy glenn...that kid can play...gilmore is getting destroyed...bills overdrafted that kid...
    Quote Quote  

9. -39

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    You think he's the first CB taken in the draft? I don't have my matrix with me for draft order but I think the top 10 is something like:

1. Kansas City (QB all the way)
    2. Carolina (defense...most likely DT)
    3. Jacksonville (what don't they need?)
    4. Cleveland (WR I think, maybe pass rusher)
    5. New Orleans (defense)
    6. Oakland (don't really know)
    7. Cincy (CB? RB?)
    8. Buffalo (QB? CB? LB?)
    9. St. Louis (defense)
    10. Jets (QB? RB? Pass rusher?)

I'll start posting the draft order next week after we've played 8 games.
    i think if he breaks 4.5 at that size and that upside banks will go first...but it might depend on the scheme...i think he's scheme diverse...him and milliner who again has played at the highest level against the highest comp would be my guess as one or the other being the first corner off the board...probably both top 15...they both have good length...i'm not huge on milliner got some bad taste in my mouth in years past there and i think he looks better cause the bama d is always ahead of the sticks and a few other things but i think he'll test well...

as for the mock kc like you said qb all the way if carolina stays at #2 i think they'd jump on lutelui from utah at dt jax may well go qb at #3 maybe pass rusher...cleveland i think would go bpa pass rusher at #4 new orleans d is dreadful what don't they need??? sedrick ellis and patrick robinson suck...
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Milliner reminds me a bit of a guy I went to high school with, and a guy who Coyle has experience with, Leon Hall.
    Quote Quote