Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: My First Mock (three rounds)

  1. -21
    Fin Thirteen's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    2,101
    vCash:
    5639
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't like any of the round one WRs that much. Certainly not in terms of them being elite level. Hunter is intriguing but I don't like the drops. I think his timing of the catch is a little off and that would scare me. Woods is good, not great at everything and I think the injury is still hampering him. I have my doubts about Allen also and his temperament concerns me - esp his attitude on-field.

    Kenny Stills in the second, Stedman Bailey and Markus Wheaton in the third are the interesting WRs for me.

    I think Chase Thomas is elite. I think Mingo could be, but a bit like Star Lotuleilei (sp?) the hype and potential overshadows the actual production. Werner doesn't wow me but he's a classic Jeff Ireland "low chance of failure" pick who can be productive for many years. Dion Jordan and James Gayle look good value picks.

    Eifert is far and away the best TE in the class. He's a no-brainer.

    At Safety, I know Eric Reid gives up plays with his head-hunting attitude and he needs to curb his more aggressive instincts, but I rate him higher than Jefferson, McDonald, or Vaccaro of Texas. He has the instincts of another well-known Eric at safety, who was more polished coming out a couple of years back. He's only a junior and he lost a lot of supporting cast to the NFL last offseason. But he's an elite prospect, imo.

    Elam is the other guy I like, but he's a little small and not enough of a ballhawk to be a Coyle player, imo.

    At CB, Milliner is rock solid but maybe not elite potential. The CB with the highest ceiling imo is Johnthan Banks. I think he's maybe the most under-rated player in the draft. I'm probably cursing him for the remainder of the season now.

    I would really love Ted Slimm to give me his take on Banks after the Alabama game, as I won't get to watch it. Slimm, would you oblige????
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    ckparrothead's Avatar
    Premium Member

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    47,122
    vCash:
    2610
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    There are some people I trust to give pretty good evaluations that are onto Chase Thomas so in that sense I probably wouldn't be upset to get him but at the same time I personally just don't see it. I see a linebacker that would play the position Koa Misi mans right now. I don't see a pass rusher, unless you can get him matched up on pass catching specialist tight ends, which won't happen at the NFL level. I don't think he's particularly athletic. Uses his hands well enough but you need more than that.

    If we're talking Chase Thomas versus Dion Jordan it's not even a question for me. I know what I'm doing with Dion Jordan in Miami's defense. I'm not sure what I'm doing with Chase Thomas in Miami's defense unless I'm booting Koa Misi.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    Fin Thirteen's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    2,101
    vCash:
    5639
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    There are some people I trust to give pretty good evaluations that are onto Chase Thomas so in that sense I probably wouldn't be upset to get him but at the same time I personally just don't see it. I see a linebacker that would play the position Koa Misi mans right now. I don't see a pass rusher, unless you can get him matched up on pass catching specialist tight ends, which won't happen at the NFL level. I don't think he's particularly athletic. Uses his hands well enough but you need more than that.

    If we're talking Chase Thomas versus Dion Jordan it's not even a question for me. I know what I'm doing with Dion Jordan in Miami's defense. I'm not sure what I'm doing with Chase Thomas in Miami's defense unless I'm booting Koa Misi.
    Thomas is such a smart player. Fluid in coverage getting to the ball, can blitz in lots of different ways. Can rush with his hand down, 2-point stance, has a great swim move - I dunno, I think he's got some Clay Matthews about him at times. Got a lot of pressure against Notre Dame.



    Maybe not a pure pass rusher, but a very fluid, cerebral player who knows what to do to make a play.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    datruth55's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    10,355
    vCash:
    4332
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    Thomas is such a smart player. Fluid in coverage getting to the ball, can blitz in lots of different ways. Can rush with his hand down, 2-point stance, has a great swim move - I dunno, I think he's got some Clay Matthews about him at times. Got a lot of pressure against Notre Dame.



    Maybe not a pure pass rusher, but a very fluid, cerebral player who knows what to do to make a play.
    I'm with ck on this guy. He's not much different than Koa Misi...he's definitely no Clay Matthews...I don't see Clay Matthews type explosion or relentless motor. Thomas also seems to play off balance at times judging by this video but he is a heady player, good play recognition but not elite IMO.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    ckparrothead's Avatar
    Premium Member

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    47,122
    vCash:
    2610
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    This is what I'm talking about though. The successful pass rushes he has on that video come for the most part on blitzes through the interior, or snaps where he's singled up with a TE. And Tyler Eifert is hardly a blocking tight end.

    I think he's a lot more blitzer than pass rusher. Like I said I wouldn't mind him as a pure linebacker but with Koa Misi playing well there, unless we're getting rid of Kevin Burnett and need a 2nd linebacker to stay in and cover on passing downs, then I'm not sure where the rubber meets the road on him in a Miami Dolphins uniform.

    As a pure linebacker...I'm still not sure I see something special.

    For me, I want either:

    1. An outside linebacker that can play linebacker for two downs and then provide QUALITY pass rush on third down, a la Von Miller...or,
    2. A true blue three down defensive end that can impact the game in both pass rush and in run stopping...and/or,
    3. A valid third down pass rusher that will provide above-normal pass rush.

    If you get the first option then you're relegating Koa Misi to the bench which doesn't make much sense to me. Or perhaps you can ditch Kevin Burnett and have your new guy play Will, but then that would require Koa Misi to step up and be used in coverage on passing downs while the new guy puts his hand down and rushes the passer.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2005
    Posts:
    3,117
    vCash:
    3134
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    I don't like any of the round one WRs that much. Certainly not in terms of them being elite level. Hunter is intriguing but I don't like the drops. I think his timing of the catch is a little off and that would scare me. Woods is good, not great at everything and I think the injury is still hampering him. I have my doubts about Allen also and his temperament concerns me - esp his attitude on-field.

    Kenny Stills in the second, Stedman Bailey and Markus Wheaton in the third are the interesting WRs for me.

    I think Chase Thomas is elite. I think Mingo could be, but a bit like Star Lotuleilei (sp?) the hype and potential overshadows the actual production. Werner doesn't wow me but he's a classic Jeff Ireland "low chance of failure" pick who can be productive for many years. Dion Jordan and James Gayle look good value picks.

    Eifert is far and away the best TE in the class. He's a no-brainer.

    At Safety, I know Eric Reid gives up plays with his head-hunting attitude and he needs to curb his more aggressive instincts, but I rate him higher than Jefferson, McDonald, or Vaccaro of Texas. He has the instincts of another well-known Eric at safety, who was more polished coming out a couple of years back. He's only a junior and he lost a lot of supporting cast to the NFL last offseason. But he's an elite prospect, imo.

    Elam is the other guy I like, but he's a little small and not enough of a ballhawk to be a Coyle player, imo.

    At CB, Milliner is rock solid but maybe not elite potential. The CB with the highest ceiling imo is Johnthan Banks. I think he's maybe the most under-rated player in the draft. I'm probably cursing him for the remainder of the season now.

    I would really love Ted Slimm to give me his take on Banks after the Alabama game, as I won't get to watch it. Slimm, would you oblige????
    I agree with you on Banks. He's constantly mocked toward the end of round 1, but when all is said and done I think he inches closer to top 10. I do like Milliner as well and would love either of those two. If Miami could get a receiver (Allen/Hunter) or Eifert and Banks in a trade up that would be an excellent start to the draft.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    fakespike's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    1,198
    vCash:
    8641
    Loc:
    Looavul
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All I can say for certain is the 2013 offseason will be the most exciting we've had in a long long time. So many options with our many picks.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    31,043
    vCash:
    24496
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    chase thomas doesn't make sense with koa misi here and playing well...i see thomas as a solb in the 43...not a de at all...and i think he's gonna be most effective like misi as a pass rusher blitzing thru gaps...although he can win against a te off the edge...thomas isn't gonna handle nfl tackles off the edge at the next level

    miamis not sniffing jonathon banks in the 20's unless he runs a poor number...not with that length and those tools and ball skills...and he's a more willing tackler than you'd expect...i guess that comes from playing in the sec...he's not afraid...got beat in the slot yesterday for a td but he's a boundary cb all the way at the next level...with the potential to be a very high end one...and i like what i see in zone and press man...i don't see that kid getting out of the top 15
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2005
    Posts:
    3,117
    vCash:
    3134
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    chase thomas doesn't make sense with koa misi here and playing well...i see thomas as a solb in the 43...not a de at all...and i think he's gonna be most effective like misi as a pass rusher blitzing thru gaps...although he can win against a te off the edge...thomas isn't gonna handle nfl tackles off the edge at the next level

    miamis not sniffing jonathon banks in the 20's unless he runs a poor number...not with that length and those tools and ball skills...and he's a more willing tackler than you'd expect...i guess that comes from playing in the sec...he's not afraid...got beat in the slot yesterday for a td but he's a boundary cb all the way at the next level...with the potential to be a very high end one...and i like what i see in zone and press man...i don't see that kid getting out of the top 15
    Hoops -- who do you like between Banks and Milliner?
    Quote Quote  

  10. -30
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    31,043
    vCash:
    24496
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    Hoops -- who do you like between Banks and Milliner?
    i like banks for the playmaking and length...i love length...not that milliner is short or anything...i think bama hides some of milliners weaknesses with the scheme and maybe the talent around him...but i love banks arm length and i think he has high end tools...and he will make plays on the ball at the next level...he's gonna have to play with more sound technique and not squat so much at the next level but if he runs better than 4.5 i will be floored if he gets out of the top half of round 1...i'm a big guy for upside and i think banks upside is higher than milliners...
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. my first mock 5 rounds
    By Creeping Death in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-28-2011, 02:00 AM
  2. First few Rounds Mock and my dream mock.
    By GuyWithHair202 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 01:57 AM
  3. My mock (3 rounds)
    By $lillew#27$ in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-15-2010, 01:39 AM
  4. here's my mock...6 rounds....
    By Danny in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 12:05 AM
  5. here's my mock dolphins mock(7 rounds)
    By Danny in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-19-2003, 10:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •