Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If I had to pick an impact playmaker for Tannethrill it would be....

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

If I had to pick an impact playmaker for Tannethrill it would be....

Tyler Eifert, TE Notre Dame 6'6"

He is a stud. He would bring instant red zone threat.

The dude spreads out, catches tough high balls with both hands, and can block if needed. You cannot lose. Here is the next best thing to Tony Gonzalez.

Its a no brainer.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Super Moderator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aberdeen
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Arsenal shield
    A lot of people are starting to talk about him on this site, i will have to watch more ND games..............good call.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Read my mind. And even if Michael Egnew comes around, we could use them both like NE with Hernandez and Gronk
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In another thread on this draft forum, between a week to two ago, I said Miami would be wise to draft Keenan Allen in the 1st, and then move back into the late 1st on a trade-up and select Tyler Eifert. The Falcons will draft Eifert if he is there at or near the end of the 1st. They need a replacement for Gonzalez with his age. I hope Miami ruins their plans and gets a leg up on them by moving ahead from the upper part of the 2nd (where the Colts pick will probably be) to the lower part of the 1st right before Atlanta gets their chance

for all we know another team could very conceivably select Eifert before Atlanta, it just takes one team to fall in love with a player,.. but I'm almost certain he's atop Atlanta's list if he falls down to their pick (which would be one of the final 5 picks in the 1st round I'm guessing).

I don't think Eifert will be there for our first 2nd round pick. Teams know the value of TE nowadays and Eifert is a prototype most teams look for after Graham, Gronk and others have had great success recently.

If Ireland doesn't have Eifert somewhere reasonable on his draft board then he's stupid. We have to assume he's watching Eifert just for the fact we need a TE, and the fact that Fasano went to Notre Dame as well...and the cowboys selected him in the 2nd, made a trade for him to come to miami, and even extended fasano's contract once a couple years ago. So we can assume Ireland is paying attention to Eifert from the same school (and who's a much better player than Fasano) - let's hope so

If you bring in Allen and Eifert, all of a sudden you have some impact on offense for Tannehill in the receiving game. And it goes well with Philbin's statement in my sig below. Let's hope Ireland is listening,, and watching (Eifert)
    Last edited by Pinkboy; 10-20-2012 at 10:11 PM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If the Dolphins are picking in the middle of the draft that could make a lot of sense. I also like Greyboy's trade up scenario just not sure what wr's will be there in the middle of Round 1. Maybe Justin Hunter is there and you trade back in for Eifert. If Hunter is gone and the top pass rushers are off the board, Eifert could be best player available at a position of need.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    DeAndre Hopkins.

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've been on the Eifert bandwagon for a while too. Not as productive this season, but the tools are all there. Ironic given he's a Golden Domer, but he's got a lot of Fasano about him in terms of all round game and smarts. Not a burner of a TE but a great target, ESP in the end zone.

Because he's more an all-rounder and ultimately maybe Fasanos replacement, I don't think having Egnew on the books should be a reason not to draft him.

Swope or Bailey in the second would be a very nice complement to "T.E. the TE".
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really like Eifert, but i just think there are bigger needs that high in the 1st round.

I'd rather have Keenan Allen and a guy like Zach Ertz in the 2nd than Eifert and a guy like Marquess Wilson in the 2nd.

I'd also rather have a stud pass rusher (Damontre Moore) or stud CB in round 1. Those guys are hard to find.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    eifert can be flexed out and looks like a mismatch player on the outside...he'd help us a lot quicker than michael egnew that's for sure...doesn't look completely lost in line either...but i'd go elsewhere in round 1...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, if Atlanta is a final destination for him. Why not us?

Two things I consider here. Philbin wants TE who can do it all. Block, run routes, ect. This guy is a big target and I have only noticed him in two games, and I will tell you what, He is a playmaker. No doubts about it. In the game yesterday he made two excellent grabs up high, one for long gainer, and one in the endzone. Then BYU had to focus on him the entire second half. Which opened up the WR's for plays to stay up in the game.

Its not all about stats, and this is what Ireland/Philbin will be looking for. A guy who adds more threat and who can block. They want someone who will add to the offense day one. This guy does that for me.

I am no expert and do not understand the intricate details of football at the NFL level, but I do know a football player when I see one.

Alot of people on Finheaven have always been pulling for WR no matter what position of need we have, but I do not think we should be shortsited on taking the best impact player at a position of need. WR's come in all shapes sizes and attitudes. Alot of guys are successful at WR without being drafted number 1 or 2 at the position. WR's often take some time to develope, especially in our system. Which is why a guy like Swope, a later round pick, will likely contribute early on moreso than someone else because of the familiarity of the sytem, coaches, QB ect. So you add him and an Eifert, what you most likely will have is two people who complete and offense that can really do some damage from day one without having to sacrifice draft picks, move up, ect.

The other factor here is the Pouncey effect. We drafted Pouncey at 15, which many have said is too high. IMO, there is no such thing as too high when you know a player will start day one and be instant success because too many first round draft picks do not make that impact. Look at Jones in New England, many thought he was second rounder, but he is having just as much an impact in NE as any other first rounder elsewhere. Its about fit and mental makeup and how they fit into what you do.

Philbin likes TE's as evidenced in GB.

Its also early and I am just stating that today, based on what little of what I see, picking somewhere around 18-23 or so, yeah, Eifert would be an excellent pick. I dont care what anyone says about second rounder. Today, this dude makes a defense switch its thought process.
    Quote Quote