Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If I had to pick an impact playmaker for Tannethrill it would be....

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Efiert is a Junior as well which is an important note. I dont see him anywhere on nfldraftcountdown for TE's.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Impact Wrestling > WWE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wheaton (WR Oregon St) in the 3rd. He could be the speedy WR that EC Gates & Ginn NEVER were.

P.S. Dion Jordan (DE Oregon) in the 1st. A compliment for Wake & an athletic dynamo like Pierre-Paul
    Winning without ethics is not winning at all - Don Shula.

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    Well, if Atlanta is a final destination for him. Why not us?

Two things I consider here. Philbin wants TE who can do it all. Block, run routes, ect. This guy is a big target and I have only noticed him in two games, and I will tell you what, He is a playmaker. No doubts about it. In the game yesterday he made two excellent grabs up high, one for long gainer, and one in the endzone. Then BYU had to focus on him the entire second half. Which opened up the WR's for plays to stay up in the game.

Its not all about stats, and this is what Ireland/Philbin will be looking for. A guy who adds more threat and who can block. They want someone who will add to the offense day one. This guy does that for me.

I am no expert and do not understand the intricate details of football at the NFL level, but I do know a football player when I see one.

Alot of people on Finheaven have always been pulling for WR no matter what position of need we have, but I do not think we should be shortsited on taking the best impact player at a position of need. WR's come in all shapes sizes and attitudes. Alot of guys are successful at WR without being drafted number 1 or 2 at the position. WR's often take some time to develope, especially in our system. Which is why a guy like Swope, a later round pick, will likely contribute early on moreso than someone else because of the familiarity of the sytem, coaches, QB ect. So you add him and an Eifert, what you most likely will have is two people who complete and offense that can really do some damage from day one without having to sacrifice draft picks, move up, ect.

The other factor here is the Pouncey effect. We drafted Pouncey at 15, which many have said is too high. IMO, there is no such thing as too high when you know a player will start day one and be instant success because too many first round draft picks do not make that impact. Look at Jones in New England, many thought he was second rounder, but he is having just as much an impact in NE as any other first rounder elsewhere. Its about fit and mental makeup and how they fit into what you do.

Philbin likes TE's as evidenced in GB.

Its also early and I am just stating that today, based on what little of what I see, picking somewhere around 18-23 or so, yeah, Eifert would be an excellent pick. I dont care what anyone says about second rounder. Today, this dude makes a defense switch its thought process.
    yes. fully agree

Tyler Eifert would be a huge upgrade over Fasano. If Fasano agrees to a cheap contract, keep him as a #2 TE.. but nothing more. He is not a WCO tight end whatsoever. He's a TE for the 1980's style running game. Sparano ball. Fasano is no threat to safeties. There isn't a defensive coordinator in the league who views the slow-footed Fasano as a "threat".. nobody is fearful of him...and for good reason

I've been calling for a gamebreaking TE for years. A very good TE is a young QB's best friend, and a great asset for an offense (especially in this day and age)

I mean, all we have to look at is how many TE's have absolutely murdered the Dolphins defense over the past several years. Miami can't ever stop those guys. Even old and done ones like the Cleveland TE a couple years ago gashed us like nobody's business. Even backup TE's gash the Dolphins, never mind just the good ones.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So while we are on the topic of playmakers a question was presented in the VIP forum:

Which receivers coming out this year will best fit the offensive system in Miami? Not necessarily who are the top receivers but who would make the easiest and contribute the quickest in Miami? Let's expand to include TE's as well.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And for those thinking its to early for a stud TE, remember where Vernon Davis was picked by SF....5th or 6th overall?
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wouldn't be in favor of forcing anything (i.e. trading up) at the TE position unless they let Anthony Fasano walk in free agency and the way Mike Sherman talks about him I'm not sure they're going to do that.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    So while we are on the topic of playmakers a question was presented in the VIP forum:

Which receivers coming out this year will best fit the offensive system in Miami? Not necessarily who are the top receivers but who would make the easiest and contribute the quickest in Miami? Let's expand to include TE's as well.
    I was just talking about that with some friends the other day. That is a huge point. Swopes from Texas A'M knows the system so I'd assume he'd be a fit, but is he an upgrade? Keenan Allen plays in a system that would seem to fit as well. But that is an excellent point and something I'm sure all GM's try to factor in to the best of their ability. It's also one reason I'm not as high on Robert Woods as some other people. Fair or not, those recent USC receivers haven't translated that well to the NFL.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    I was just talking about that with some friends the other day. That is a huge point. Swopes from Texas A'M knows the system so I'd assume he'd be a fit, but is he an upgrade? Keenan Allen plays in a system that would seem to fit as well. But that is an excellent point and something I'm sure all GM's try to factor in to the best of their ability. It's also one reason I'm not as high on Robert Woods as some other people. Fair or not, those recent USC receivers haven't translated that well to the NFL.
    Allen seemed to be the clear favorite in the VIP discussion. The same point was raised with Swopes his potential, possession receiver was tossed around with his name.

A few other names as provid by datruth were Marquess Wilson, Stedman Bailey, Quinton Patton.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm going to spend time this week checking out Quinton Patton. Of the guys mentioned he's the one I haven't looked at. But I've seen others mention him before which is piquing my interest enough to set aside time to really evaluate him as much as possible
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You guys have to check out Stills from OU...he had a MONSTER game on Saturday, I wouldnt be upset at all if we got him...
    Quote Quote