Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why it isnt Miller time!

1. -1
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Why it isnt Miller time!

Firstly- Yes Yes I KNOW! Miller played college football in Miami, but lets put that aside.

People keep asking why he isnt getting snaps? People ask this a lot. Many of those same people argue that pass protection from a running back isnt important- I disagree.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2012/10/...n-marlon-moore

Read this excellent article. If Miller had been in on that play instead of Reggie then that wasn't a TD. I know Miller has a lot of potential but he just isnt ready for the NFL yet. Have patience.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is just another " if "
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Firstly- Yes Yes I KNOW! Miller played college football in Miami, but lets put that aside.

People keep asking why he isnt getting snaps? People ask this a lot. Many of those same people argue that pass protection from a running back isnt important- I disagree.

Read this excellent article. If Miller had been in on that play instead of Reggie then that wasn't a TD. I know Miller has a lot of potential but he just isnt ready for the NFL yet. Have patience.
    Hard to argue with a Great post. I would add that, overall, we had 20+ less plays on O, which had bearing on Miller not playing, according to Sherman.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He needs to get stronger in the offseason. Hopefully he and Reggie do some work together.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    He needs to get stronger in the offseason. Hopefully he and Reggie do some work together.
    As long as Reggie doesn't try to teach Miller how to block. Bush was ranked the third worst blocking RB, over the past 3 years, in the NFL.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Magnets?

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Iced Earth: Dante's Inferno (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ScQ7SNeJg
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    True that but let's be honest, we need to draft an athletic guard in the second round. Incognito and that other fat guy is mediocre.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post

From everything Ive heard Miller is actually pretty good at pass blocking. Its getting his assignments right thats the problem. So its impossble to say that TD pass wouldnt have taken place because theres a good chance Miller wouldve made just as good if not better block than Reggie on that and Im guessing MOST of the time he gets his assignment right. Its that 1-2 times he doesnt that causing Tannehll to get hit that they're worried about. Miller is actually a better pass blocker than Bush, again assuming he knows who to pick up. But I think the whole Miller cant pass block is just somethign fans who dont know any better have run with. Im not saying the coaches arent worried about him not knowing his assignments on a blitz all the time but coaching staffs dont always make the right decisions. See Cameron Wake backing up Joey Porter when it was obvious as day Wake was the far superior player at the time. See Thomas getting carries on 1st down over Miller. You can eliminate these missed assignments by getting Miller in on 1st down and either running with him or having him chip a DE and then go out for a pass pattern or a screen. Bottomline: Miller should get more carries than Thomas.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    True that but let's be honest, we need to draft an athletic guard in the second round. Incognito and that other fat guy is mediocre.
    You dont need to waste that high of a pick on a freaking guard. Unless he's a day 1 top of the line caliber Guard you can wait and pick up a good guard prospect with one of our two 3rd round picks or even our 4th/5th rounder. No need to use a pick on a Guard when this team badly needs playmakers at WR and in the secondary. Those guys are much tougher to find outside the 2nd round than a guard. It doesnt matter how good our o line is as long as we continue to lack playmakers in the passing game our running game is going to be stalled because teams are going to stack the box. And you score points in this league through the air, not the ground. Look at Seatlle, they can run it with the best of em but their passing game is so bad they cant score points.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nice logic you got there, we're going to draft a bunch of receivers and tight ends on the first 3 rounds with five picks? When you have that many picks in the first 3 rounds you need a balance, because if you don't balance it you will end up drafting someone in the second or third round and end up releasing them after a single preseason due to carrying too much of the same position.

We need a guard, and if we can find a good one in the second or third round they should draft him.
    Quote Quote