Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Gotta be honest.....

1. -71
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    what would a complaint do? it was obvious to anyone watching they got screwed by the clock. AGAIN, they still should have won. NE took advantage like good teams do but that extra second was huge as it meant playing w/ 1 TO vs. zero TOs on that game tying drive.
    It may have looked that way since you can't see the tenths that continued to run off, but we know the clock continued to run by watching the next play.
    It changed to 2:00 within 1-tenth of a second on the next play which means that 9-tenths ran off of 2:01. The Jets player first touched the ball at the end of 2:02:

http://imageshack.us/a/img685/3800/kickoff4.jpg

That leaves a full second to determine possession and stop the clock. Do extra seconds run off the clock sometimes when they should not? Probably, but that doesn't mean they should and that we should expect them to all of the time. You see PI that does not get called all the time, but that doesn't mean you get screwed when you do commit PI and it does get called.
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    the clock stopped immeditely as we touched the ball, our guy pounced on it and rooled over. There's no way half a second could run off in that time.
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    the clock stopped immeditely as we touched the ball, our guy pounced on it and rooled over. There's no way half a second could run off in that time.
    Are you not reading what I am posting? I just showed you a picture where the Jets player jumps on the ball at the end of 2:02. You claim the clock stopped as soon as it hits 2:01, but you can't know this without looking at the next play since you can't see the tenths that are running off. Please watch the next play and you will see that the clock goes to 2:00 in a tenth of a second. If the clock stopped as soon as it hits 2:01, it would have taken a full second before the clock changed to 2:00 on the next play and not the 1-tenth that it did.
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    Are you not reading what I am posting? I just showed you a picture where the Jets player jumps on the ball at the end of 2:02. You claim the clock stopped as soon as it hits 2:01, but you can't know this without looking at the next play since you can't see the tenths that are running off. Please watch the next play and you will see that the clock goes to 2:00 in a tenth of a second. If the clock stopped as soon as it hits 2:01, it would have taken a full second before the clock changed to 2:00 on the next play and not the 1-tenth that it did.
    Don't bother. Reality and logic are Junc's mortal enemies....
    Angry Deniers. A bunch of agenda-driven whiny clowns whose sole mission is to deny anything good that Tannehill has done and deny anything bad that the "gods of quarterbacks" have done.
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    he didn't have possession at 2:02, he wa on top of it. he was rolling around w/ it at 2:01, what game have you ever seen a fumble recovery where a player is rollomg w/ the ball stopped the second he touches it? it doesn't happen, the Jets got screwed by the clock. It's ok to admit it.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    he didn't have possession at 2:02, he wa on top of it. he was rolling around w/ it at 2:01, what game have you ever seen a fumble recovery where a player is rollomg w/ the ball stopped the second he touches it? it doesn't happen, the Jets got screwed by the clock. It's ok to admit it.

I agree that you can not determine possession at the point when he first touches it. He first touched it when the clock read 2:02. That leaves a full second after that to determine possession and the clock to still stop on 2:01:

http://imageshack.us/a/img42/8266/kickoff3e.jpg

That picture is within that second where the clock should still read 2:01 and it is very, very clear that he has possession and is down by contact. The clock kept running after he first touched the ball, and didn't stop until that picture above. That means the clock would be at the very end of 2:01. You can verify that is true by watching the next play and how quickly the clock changes to 2:00 .

If the evidence didn't show otherwise, I would have no problem saying that the clock should have gone to 2:00. If the Jets really got screwed by the clock, why do you think that I wouldn't admit it? You have already said yourself, that the clock is not why the Jets lost. I would agree since NE was already in FG range with the clock stopped, (0:22 left) before they ran 2 more plays and used that last time out. If I really thought that the clock stopped before it should have, I could argue that it made no difference. I call it like it is and don't just by in to conspiracy theories and ignore the evidence.
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    I agree that you can not determine possession at the point when he first touches it. He first touched it when the clock read 2:02. That leaves a full second after that to determine possession and the clock to still stop on 2:01:

http://imageshack.us/a/img42/8266/kickoff3e.jpg

That picture is within that second where the clock should still read 2:01 and it is very, very clear that he has possession and is down by contact. The clock kept running after he first touched the ball, and didn't stop until that picture above. That means the clock would be at the very end of 2:01. You can verify that is true by watching the next play and how quickly the clock changes to 2:00 .

If the evidence didn't show otherwise, I would have no problem saying that the clock should have gone to 2:00. If the Jets really got screwed by the clock, why do you think that I wouldn't admit it? You have already said yourself, that the clock is not why the Jets lost. I would agree since NE was already in FG range with the clock stopped, (0:22 left) before they ran 2 more plays and used that last time out. If I really thought that the clock stopped before it should have, I could argue that it made no difference. I call it like it is and don't just by in to conspiracy theories and ignore the evidence.
    that screenshot is w/ the clock already stopped, it should probably be at 1:59 at the time of this screen shot.

I didn't say anything about a conspiracy, it could have been an honest error but it was an error and that is as clear as can be.
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    that screenshot is w/ the clock already stopped, it should probably be at 1:59 at the time of this screen shot.

I didn't say anything about a conspiracy, it could have been an honest error but it was an error and that is as clear as can be.
    You have no idea whether quick stoppages or delayed stoppages are the norm. You have no idea how long (on average) it takes. You are simply talking out of your butt. Review them all and get back to me when you have numbers for the min, max, average, and standard deviation.

Seriously, complaints to get filed with the league office from time to time. If the Jets thought they got jobbed, they could file a complaint. That would at least put teams on notice that these things are being watched and disciplinary action could be taken for flagrant violations. This is especially true since the Jets play at NE every season.

It is a non-issue.
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by FinfanInBuffalo View Post
    You have no idea whether quick stoppages or delayed stoppages are the norm. You have no idea how long (on average) it takes. You are simply talking out of your butt. Review them all and get back to me when you have numbers for the min, max, average, and standard deviation.

Seriously, complaints to get filed with the league office from time to time. If the Jets thought they got jobbed, they could file a complaint. That would at least put teams on notice that these things are being watched and disciplinary action could be taken for flagrant violations. This is especially true since the Jets play at NE every season.

It is a non-issue.
    I watch every Jet game, I watch a million other games and I have NEVER seen a clock stop so fast. The Giants were whining last week and this as after an extra second ticked off when Witten went OOB. That is the norm not stopping instantly when a guy jumps on a ball. even if he had it secured immediately there's no way for the clock to stop that quickly.
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    nyjunc, just let it go.
    Quote Quote