Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Gotta be honest.....

1. -101
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    Show me the rule that says that the clock should continue to run an extra second or two after the play is dead. I am not denying that it happens sometimes, (like it did in the Jets last game) but don't whine that your team got screwed when they stop it when it should be stopped. I can show you the rules that state that the clock should have stopped. You are going to have a hard time showing me a rule that says an extra second or 2 should run off the clock after the official signals the play dead. You and JETSJETSJETS claim that the clock stopped 2 to 3 seconds before it should, have been proven wrong. It is time to move on.
    lol, the whole argument was about clock stopping early and not run till two min warning. u proved urself wrong. thank you very much.
    Quote Quote  

2. -102
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    it does all the time, it shouldn't but when a guy rolls on a ball at 2:01 there's no way it can stop at 2:01. the absolutely worst case it stops at 2:00 and should have gone undre 2 mins.
    It shouldn't is right. No one cares when it happens in a situation like the Seattle game. That does not mean that it should continue to run when it should not when the difference is a time out. I have clearly shown you that he jumped on it towards the end of 2:02, and that there is a full second to determine possession and stop the clock. That is more than enough time. In fact, we have video evidence of the official signaling the play dead within 2-tenths of the clock reading 2:01. I would be willing to bet that NFL films has another angle that shows the official signaling the play dead 4-tenths before the clock should turn to 2:00. You have seen the pic where the Jets players clearly has possession and is down by contact with more than 4-tenths to go.

Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post
    lol, the whole argument was about clock stopping early and not run till two min warning. u proved urself wrong. thank you very much.
    That was your argument, which was proven wrong. You are welcome.
    Quote Quote  

3. -103
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    the bottom line is this, our guy jumped on the ball as 2:02 was turning to 2:01, he rolled around on the ground and magically the clock stopped at 2:01.
    Quote Quote  

4. -104
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    the bottom line is this, our guy jumped on the ball as 2:02 was turning to 2:01, he rolled around on the ground and magically the clock stopped at 2:01.
    That leaves a full second before the clock ticks to 2:00. He had possession and was down by contact within that second. There is nothing magical about it. It is just the clock operator doing his job.

If the clock actually stopped before he had possession and was down by contact (like you guys were claiming), then I would agree. That is not what happened.
    Quote Quote  

5. -105
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    he was rolling on the ground w/ the ball at 2:01 and magically it stopped at 2:01.
    Quote Quote  

6. -106
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    he was rolling on the ground w/ the ball at 2:01 and magically it stopped at 2:01.
    You keep saying that. I can repeat myself too. The difference is, I can back up what I am saying.

That ^ is not magic. It is having possession and being down by contact and the clock stopping like it is supposed to. He was not rolling around, but even if he was, you don't need to be completely still to be ruled down.
    Quote Quote  

7. -107
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    except tha you can't b/c our guy JUST jumped on the ball and was still rolling w/ it, a still shot doesn't show that. The clock should have run to at least 2:00 if not 1:59 or 1:58 the way the clocks always run.
    Quote Quote  

8. -108
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    except tha you can't b/c our guy JUST jumped on the ball and was still rolling w/ it, a still shot doesn't show that. The clock should have run to at least 2:00 if not 1:59 or 1:58 the way the clocks always run.
    I can, and I have. The still shot shows possession, and being down by contact with the clock reading 2:01. According to the rules, that is when the clock should stop. I can post the rule, and have already shown that he clearly has possession at the 2:01 mark. It can also easily be seen on the video. What more do you need?

You are the one that can not back up what you are saying. All you can do is bring up some examples when the clock ran an extra second or 2 after the play was dead. So what? Bad calls happen all the time. We don't use those as examples to make up new rules. If the Jets were down by a touchdown with 7 seconds to go and completed a pass, went out of bounds at the 1 with the play being signaled dead with 2 seconds left, would you be arguing that those 2 seconds SHOULD tick off? I think not.
    Quote Quote