Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 108

Thread: Gotta be honest.....

  1. -51
    Nublar7's Avatar
    FinHeaven Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2003
    Posts:
    34,463
    vCash:
    120670
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Jets suck

    Quote Quote  

  2. -52
    PhinsPhan11's Avatar
    Phins & Philly Sports

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2009
    Posts:
    12,152
    vCash:
    5052
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Jets suck
    They don't suck, they ****ing blow.

    Quote Quote  

  3. -53
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,828
    vCash:
    48846
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post
    When the clock hits 0:00, that doesn't mean it still has anywhere from 0:00:00 to 0:00:99. It means, the most the clock can have on it is 0 seconds. Similarly, when the very first play of the quarter takes place, the clock doesn't tick down to 14:59 until after a complete second, plus reaction time. Just look at any play and it'll prove u wrong, just like on every subject you are talking about.
    Of course 0:00.00 has nothing left. It is zero and the tenths have already ran off! The NFL clock does not show the tenths being counted off, so the clock will read 0:01 until all tenths are counted. It doesn't matter if there is really 0:00.99, or 0:00.01, the clock will read 0:01. When the clock hits 0:00.00 that last second was already counted off by tenths. It went from:

    0:01.00
    0:00.90
    0:00.80
    0:00.70
    0:00.60
    0:00.50
    0:00.40
    0:00.30
    0:00.20
    0:00.10
    0:00:00

    I did not write it out correctly before, but all 10-tenths of every second must be counted before they will change. That is why it takes a complete second (10-tenths) for the clock to go from 15:00 to 14:59 on the first play of any quarter. It went from:

    15:00.00
    14:59.90
    14:59.80
    14:59.70
    14:59.60
    14:59.50
    14:59.40
    14:59.30
    14:59.20
    14:59.10
    14:59.00 (this is when we get to see it change to 14:59)

    If it didn't count down the tenths that way, the clock would immediately change from 15:00 to 14:59 as soon as it was started at the beginning of each quarter. You know it doesn't since you agree that it takes a full second (10-tenths) before it changes. Do you finally understand? It is the same from 2:06 to 2:05.

    We already know all 10-tenths should be counted on the 2:06 second. We know this because the clock stopped as soon as it changed from 2:07 to 2:06 when the FG attempt from the Jets was over. It was over right at the end of 2:07 which would read 2:07.10 ,with the tenths included, and it changed from 2:07.10 to 2:06.00 when the clock was stopped.

    If the clock just changed to 2:06, it reads 2:06.00 with the full 10- tenths. Don't get confused with the re-setting zeros, 2:06.00 is not going to immediately change to 2:05 if it just changed to 2:06. It is a tenth of a tenth away from counting down to 2:05.99, 1-tenth away from changing to 2:05.90, 2-tenths away from 2:05.80 and so on and so on like the examples above. That is why it takes a full second for 15:00 to change to 14:59, and a full second to change from 2:06 to 2:05. All 10 tenths must be counted.

    This means from 2:06 to 2:01, 5.9 seconds can pass and the clock will still read 2:01. If the clock just changed to 2:06 and 5.9 seconds passed on the clock, the clock would be about to change to 2:00 at that point since it is at 2:00.10 (or less) We know this is true since the clock did immediately change to 2:00 on the next play. The play before and the play after proves that 5.9 seconds passed on the clock. 6.3 seconds minus 5.9 seconds = 4- tenths of a second.


    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post
    Again, on the NFL clock, the clock is different from a countdown clock or the nba clock. NBA clock has tenths of seconds (or maybe even hundredths of seconds?) to show that 0:00 can be 0:00:9, almost an entire second. In the NFL, the clock only ticks to the next second (2:01 for instance) when it has 2:01 seconds OR less. 2:00:01 will read as 2:01 on the NFL clock and my theory is proven when u see the very first play of any quarter where the clock doesn't change to 14:59 until a full second after the snap.
    You continue to prove yourself wrong. We are not dealing with theories. Time is time and is measured the same way whether you see it or not. Just because you can't see the tenths counting down doesn't mean they aren't being counted.
    0:01 will be on an NFL clock until all 10-tenths are counted. You could start and stop the clock a half second later, and it will still read 0:01 (not 0:00.50), but you will only have a half second left when the clock is started again.

    We can't see the tenths being counted off on an NFL clock, but you can get a really good idea of where they are at by watching the play before and the play after as mentioned above. The reason the clock immediately goes from 2:01 to 2:00 (on the Jets next play after the KO fumble) is because 9-tenths already ran off it before it was stopped on the last play. We can't see the tenths, but if we could it would be 2:00.10 which is still 2:01. If you add the 9-tenths that ran off to the 5 seconds that already ran off (2:06 to 2:01), you get 5.9 seconds. Again, 6.3 seconds minus 5.9 seconds = 4-tenths. Not 2 to 3 seconds.





    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post
    2:06 means that it has 2 mins and 6 seconds OR less on the clock.
    Agreed! All 10-tenths of that 6th second MUST BE counted before it will change to 2:05! You keep trying to skip the 10-tenths of the 6th second. 2:06 doesn't change to 2:05 until 1 second has passed.


    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post
    Again, those 2- tenths of a second according to ur reading (or more than a second according to my calculations) makes a huge difference.
    What calculations? All you have done is post nonsense that is proven to be false.


    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post
    I didn't say anything about the ball being stripped. U are still not looking at the following replay I've mentioned. Maybe because u don't want to. It shows the player didn't have full control of the ball when he was touched...and the clock operator can not determine all by himself to stop the clock before getting the signal from the ref. Where the clock operator does have the right to stop the clock would be on an incomplete pass where he doesn't need a refs signal to determine the play is dead, not on a fumble recovery where there is a pile. Common sense. Clock operator has rules to follow, and they are not very complicated.
    I never said he had possession at the very first moment he was touched. I said he had possession at least 4-tenths of a second before the whistle blew. You can clearly see that in the picture, and the picture came after 5.5 seconds when the clock would still read 2:01. Post the video of the angel you are talking about, if you wish. I don't need it though because I already have a video and a picture that shows clear possession and contact after 5.5 seconds, which is well within the 5.9 seconds that can pass before the clock would change to 2:00.


    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post
    Apparently, the official standing couple of steps away from the play didn't think it was PI, but you, who hardly had a good angle of the play, determines that it was a clear PI. You don't have a way to prove it to me because there is NO evidence of it.
    The evidence is on the tape:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=pT_S6fuCM7c

    You thought Revis did not pass interfere with Marshall last year when Revis nearly ripped his jersey off, and then you thought Jammer did interfere with Holmes when he didn't even touch him before the ball hit Holmes in the hand. You have proven yourself to be very bias in your judgement of what PI is.
    Last edited by The New Guy; 10-30-2012 at 12:09 AM.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -54
    JETSJETSJETS's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2008
    Posts:
    907
    vCash:
    1050
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    Of course 0:00.00 has nothing left. It is zero and the tenths have already ran off! The NFL clock does not show the tenths being counted off, so the clock will read 0:01 until all tenths are counted. It doesn't matter if there is really 0:00.99, or 0:00.01, the clock will read 0:01. When the clock hits 0:00.00 that last second was already counted off by tenths. It went from:

    0:01.00
    0:00.90
    0:00.80
    0:00.70
    0:00.60
    0:00.50
    0:00.40
    0:00.30
    0:00.20
    0:00.10
    0:00:00

    I did not write it out correctly before, but all 10-tenths of every second must be counted before they will change. That is why it takes a complete second (10-tenths) for the clock to go from 15:00 to 14:59 on the first play of any quarter. It went from:

    15:00.00
    14:59.90
    14:59.80
    14:59.70
    14:59.60
    14:59.50
    14:59.40
    14:59.30
    14:59.20
    14:59.10
    14:59.00 (this is when we get to see it change to 14:59)

    If it didn't count down the tenths that way, the clock would immediately change from 15:00 to 14:59 as soon as it was started at the beginning of each quarter. You know it doesn't since you agree that it takes a full second (10-tenths) before it changes. Do you finally understand? It is the same from 2:06 to 2:05.

    We already know all 10-tenths should be counted on the 2:06 second. We know this because the clock stopped as soon as it changed from 2:07 to 2:06 when the FG attempt from the Jets was over. It was over right at the end of 2:07 which would read 2:07.10 ,with the tenths included, and it changed from 2:07.10 to 2:06.00 when the clock was stopped.

    If the clock just changed to 2:06, it reads 2:06.00 with the full 10- tenths. Don't get confused with the re-setting zeros, 2:06.00 is not going to immediately change to 2:05 if it just changed to 2:06. It is a tenth of a tenth away from counting down to 2:05.99, 1-tenth away from changing to 2:05.90, 2-tenths away from 2:05.80 and so on and so on like the examples above. That is why it takes a full second for 15:00 to change to 14:59, and a full second to change from 2:06 to 2:05. All 10 tenths must be counted.
    I am not getting confused, but you finally get the point after being wrong earlier. To quote you below:

    "No, I am not wrong, and no we don't agree. You made a critical error. 2:06 could potentially be anywhere from 2:06.01 to 2:06.99. If it was at 2:06:00, the clock would have immediately changed to 2:05 as soon as he enters the field of play on the KO return. You are trying to skip a full second.
    "

    2:06 could potentially mean between 2:06:00 and 2:05:01.

    This means from 2:06 to 2:01, 5.9 seconds can pass and the clock will still read 2:01. If the clock just changed to 2:06 and 5.9 seconds passed on the clock, the clock would be about to change to 2:00 at that point since it is at 2:00.10 (or less) We know this is true since the clock did immediately change to 2:00 on the next play. The play before and the play after proves that 5.9 seconds passed on the clock. 6.3 seconds minus 5.9 seconds = 4- tenths of a second.
    The play before proves nothing because you don't know exactly when the operator stopped the clock after the FG and u don't know exactly when the operator started the clock on the kickoff return. These are all assumptions. What we do know is that the operator was quick to stop the clock before it was even signaled dead on a not-so-clear fumble recovery.

    You continue to prove yourself wrong. We are not dealing with theories. Time is time and is measured the same way whether you see it or not. Just because you can't see the tenths counting down doesn't mean they aren't being counted.
    0:01 will be on an NFL clock until all 10-tenths are counted. You could start and stop the clock a half second later, and it will still read 0:01 (not 0:00.50), but you will only have a half second left when the clock is started again.
    Sorry, but ur post I quoted in italics above shows how I continue to be correct all along, but u just changed ur theory. And no, it is a theory, or a concept. NFL clock doesn't follow the same concept as other clocks, such as an NBA clock. If we 'hide' the tenths of seconds on NBA clock, 0:00 could mean as much as almost an entire second. In the NFL, 0:00 means end of time (quarter, half, game, play clock etc).

    We can't see the tenths being counted off on an NFL clock, but you can get a really good idea of where they are at by watching the play before and the play after as mentioned above. The reason the clock immediately goes from 2:01 to 2:00 (on the Jets next play after the KO fumble) is because 9-tenths already ran off it before it was stopped on the last play. We can't see the tenths, but if we could it would be 2:00.10 which is still 2:01. If you add the 9-tenths that ran off to the 5 seconds that already ran off (2:06 to 2:01), you get 5.9 seconds. Again, 6.3 seconds minus 5.9 seconds = 4-tenths. Not 2 to 3 seconds.
    The play took 6.9 seconds per my count. The clock dropped to 2:05 when the returner was around 5 yard line. From the time returner enters the field of play, to the time the clock dropped to 2:05 is about .8 seconds (I slowed it down in VLC, since it has tenths of seconds for the clip timing). Minus the operators reaction time and the clock probably read 2:05:70 before the play started.

    Agreed! All 10-tenths of that 6th second MUST BE counted before it will change to 2:05! You keep trying to skip the 10-tenths of the 6th second. 2:06 doesn't change to 2:05 until 1 second has passed.
    Not sure what made u think that way. I never said anything about 2:06 changing to 2:05 immediately.

    The evidence is on the tape:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=pT_S6fuCM7c

    You thought Revis did not pass interfere with Marshall last year when Revis nearly ripped his jersey off, and then you thought Jammer did interfere with Holmes when he didn't even touch him before the ball hit Holmes in the hand. You have proven yourself to be very bias in your judgement of what PI is.
    Marshall stumbled into Revis. Not sure which play you are referring to with Jammer and Holmes PI call (please refresh me?). Hernandez puts both his hands on Kyle to make his stop. One of his hands are in Kyles face. Look closely. The ball comes a tad bit early and further away than Hernandez expected and could not turn in time to make the catch with both hands. The ref is 5 yards away from all this and agrees with me.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -55
    ArmyFin7's Avatar
    U cry about the $$$, we do the dirtywork

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2008
    Posts:
    5,298
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Ft. Polk, La
    Thanks / No Thanks
    unimportant argument. Just fight with the Bills for scraps.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -56
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,828
    vCash:
    48846
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post
    I am not getting confused, but you finally get the point after being wrong earlier. To quote you below:

    "No, I am not wrong, and no we don't agree. You made a critical error. 2:06 could potentially be anywhere from 2:06.01 to 2:06.99. If it was at 2:06:00, the clock would have immediately changed to 2:05 as soon as he enters the field of play on the KO return. You are trying to skip a full second.
    "

    2:06 could potentially mean between 2:06:00 and 2:05:01.
    I am trying to make you understand that all 10-tenths need to be counted. When I write out 2:06.01 to 2:06.99, I am not trying to imply that that the clock is a tenth of a tenth away from 2:07. I am trying to show you all 10-tenths of the 2:06 need to be counted before it will change to 2:05 and how it looks seeing it on the NFL game clock. If you could see the tenths being counted off, it would look like I wrote it in my last post.


    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post
    The play before proves nothing because you don't know exactly when the operator stopped the clock after the FG and u don't know exactly when the operator started the clock on the kickoff return. These are all assumptions. What we do know is that the operator was quick to stop the clock before it was even signaled dead on a not-so-clear fumble recovery.
    If we don't know exactly when the operator stopped the clock after the FG, and don't know exactly when the operator started the clock on the kickoff return, then how in the world do you know that the operator stopped the clock early when it hit 2:01 before the play was signaled dead? You can't see the tenths being ran off, so there is a full second that the clock looks like it is not moving, but really could be.

    The clock will read 2:01 for a full second, and could be stopped, or could be going:

    2:00.9 (Reading 2:01 since it is the tenths of the 2:01 that is being counted down)
    2:00.8 (Reading 2:01)
    2:00.7 (Reading 2:01)
    2:00.6 (Reading 2:01)
    2:00.5 (Reading 2:01)
    2:00.4 (Reading 2:01)
    2:00.3 (Reading 2:01)
    2:00.2 (Reading 2:01)
    2:00.1 (Reading 2:01)

    We can know when it was stopped by watching the next play. The next play proves that the clock did not stop early in 2:01 since it took 1-tenth of a second to change to 2:00 on the next play. That means 9-tenths ran off of 2:01 before the clock was stopped.

    We know exactly when he should have stopped the clock before that play as well. The ball hits the back of the net and the clock still read 2:07. It was about to change to 2:06, and with the signal from the official, he should have stopped it at the very beginning of 2:06.

    We should have the full 10-tenths of that 2:06 second before it changes to 2:05, and the full 10-tenths of the 2:05 Before it changes to 2:04 and the full 10-tenths of 2:04 before it changes to 2:03, and the full 10-tenths of 2:03 before it changes to 2:02, and the full 10-tenths of 2:02 before it changes to 2:01. Count the seconds in bold above and you get 5 seconds to 2:01 (2:06 to 2:01) What you don't seem to get is that another 10-tenths have to pass before it will change from 2:01 to 2:00. 9-tenths can pass and the clock will still read 2:01.

    Get it? 5.9 seconds can pass with the clock being started at 2:06 and still rightfully be stopped after 5.9 seconds and read 2:01.


    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post
    Sorry, but ur post I quoted in italics above shows how I continue to be correct all along, but u just changed ur theory. And no, it is a theory, or a concept. NFL clock doesn't follow the same concept as other clocks, such as an NBA clock. If we 'hide' the tenths of seconds on NBA clock, 0:00 could mean as much as almost an entire second. In the NFL, 0:00 means end of time (quarter, half, game, play clock etc).
    You said the clock stopped 2-3 seconds before the whistle blew, and you continue to be wrong. I have said all along that it is 4-tenths, and that all 10-tenths of each second need to be counted before they will change. You can't seem to understand that, so I tried to write it out in a way that you could, but I failed. Time is not a theory, it is a fact. All clocks go by tenths of a second, and tenths of tenths. It doesn't matter if you can see them or not. 0.00 means end of time, but the NFL clock will never show 0:00.5 (as in half a second left), it will show 0:01 until it hits zero, even if there is a full second left or just a tenth of a second left.


    We know where the clock should be based on the play before and the play after. The clock should stop at the very beginning of 2:06 (you claim only 8-tenths passed on the next play before the clock changed to 2:05, but close enough) and you know that the clock immediately changes (1-tenth) to 2:00 on the Jets first play after the KO fumble. That proves 5.9 seconds passed on the clock during the KO fumble play. It boggles my mind that you can not understand that. You say the play lasted 6.9 until the whistle blew, and I say 6.3. Even at 6.9, it is only a 1 second difference, not 2 or 3.



    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post
    Not sure what made u think that way. I never said anything about 2:06 changing to 2:05 immediately.
    You claim that the whistle came 2 to 3 seconds after the clock stopped, and the clock started at 2:06 and stopped at 2:01. The play lasted 6.3 seconds and 5.9 can run off the clock before it will read 2:00. The clock would have to immediately change from 2:06 to 2:05 for only 4 seconds of time to pass which is what you need to be within your 2 to 3 second figure. 6.3 seconds minus 4 seconds = 2.3 seconds. Since we know the clock ran all of that 2:06 sec off and we know it nearly ran all of the 2:01 ( 9-tenths ran off it), we know that 5.9 seconds passed. Since 5.9 seconds passed, it is impossible for 2 to 3 seconds to have gone by after the clock stopped since we hear the whistle at 6.3, or 6.9 seconds according to you.

    Bottom line is, what you have been saying has been wrong from the beginning. It is tenths of a second difference from when the clock stopped and when we heard the whistle blow and not 2 to 3 seconds. I don't even care about the whistle blowing though since we saw him waving his arms before the whistle blew. Just look at the picture that came at 5.5 seconds. It is clear that he had possession and was down by contact 5.5 seconds into the play. 5.9 seconds can pass before the clock would change to 2:00, so the clock should have rightfully stopped at 2:01. There is no conspiracy and the Jets didn' get screwed on the play.
    Last edited by The New Guy; 10-30-2012 at 11:13 AM.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -57
    JETSJETSJETS's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2008
    Posts:
    907
    vCash:
    1050
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    I am trying to make you understand that all 10-tenths need to be counted. When I write out 2:06.01 to 2:06.99, I am not trying to imply that that the clock is a tenth of a tenth away from 2:07. I am trying to show you all 10-tenths of the 2:06 need to be counted before it will change to 2:05 and how it looks seeing it on the NFL game clock. If you could see the tenths being counted off, it would look like I wrote it in my last post.
    I already know how ten tenths of a second work. You on the other hand claimed when clock reads 2:06, it potentially can be between 2:06:01 and 2:06:99, when its not.

    If we don't know exactly when the operator stopped the clock after the FG, and don't know exactly when the operator started the clock on the kickoff return, then how in the world do you know that the operator stopped the clock early when it hit 2:01 before the play was signaled dead? You can't see the tenths being ran off, so there is a full second that the clock looks like it is not moving, but really could be.
    Because its obvious. When the signal came in, the clock was already stopped cuz it stopped on 2:01 and the signal came more than 2 seconds after the clock ticked to 2:01.

    The clock will read 2:01 for a full second, and could be stopped, or could be going:

    2:00.9 (Reading 2:01 since it is the tenths of the 2:01 that is being counted down)
    2:00.8 (Reading 2:01)
    2:00.7 (Reading 2:01)
    2:00.6 (Reading 2:01)
    2:00.5 (Reading 2:01)
    2:00.4 (Reading 2:01)
    2:00.3 (Reading 2:01)
    2:00.2 (Reading 2:01)
    2:00.1 (Reading 2:01)
    You continue posting this crap as if Im a child and have no idea how the clock works...where as I showed you how u were wrong with the sentence I quoted u saying "No, I am not wrong, and no we don't agree. You made a critical error. 2:06 could potentially be anywhere from 2:06.01 to 2:06.99."

    We can know when it was stopped by watching the next play. The next play proves that the clock did not stop early in 2:01 since it took 1-tenth of a second to change to 2:00 on the next play. That means 9-tenths ran off of 2:01 before the clock was stopped.
    I never argued it stopped as soon as the clock ticked to 2:01. Never said that but u continue to repeat yourself as if it is what I've been thinking all along.

    We know exactly when he should have stopped the clock before that play as well. The ball hits the back of the net and the clock still read 2:07. It was about to change to 2:06, and with the signal from the official, he should have stopped it at the very beginning of 2:06.
    We don't when exactly the clock stopped. It is very normal for the clock to tick an extra second before the clock operator stops it. Very normal and common. What we do know is that the clock ticked to 2:05 after .8 seconds of the player coming out of the EZ, which means the clock has to have read around 2:05:70 (reaction time of one tenth of a second). You claiming the clock most likely read 2:00:10 is reasonable and most likely true and I didn't argue with that. The difference between 2:05:70 and 2:00:10 is 5.6 seconds. McCourty takes the ball at the goal line and immediately runs with it. Clock starts (or should start) after about one tenth of a second of collecting the ball. From that time, to the refs signal, it took 6.8 seconds (6.9 to the refs whistle. I slowed down the video to 1/4th of the speed and timed it to get a far accurate reading).

    We should have the full 10-tenths of that 2:06 second before it changes to 2:05, and the full 10-tenths of the 2:05 Before it changes to 2:04 and the full 10-tenths of 2:04 before it changes to 2:03, and the full 10-tenths of 2:03 before it changes to 2:02, and the full 10-tenths of 2:02 before it changes to 2:01. Count the seconds in bold above and you get 5 seconds to 2:01 (2:06 to 2:01) What you don't seem to get is that another 10-tenths have to pass before it will change from 2:01 to 2:00. 9-tenths can pass and the clock will still read 2:01.
    Too excessive don't u think? Clock read around 2:05:07 at the kickoff and I've already explained why.

    Get it? 5.9 seconds can pass with the clock being started at 2:06 and still rightfully be stopped after 5.9 seconds and read 2:01.
    5.7 seconds.

    You said the clock stopped 2-3 seconds before the whistle blew, and you continue to be wrong. I have said all along that it is 4-tenths, and that all 10-tenths of each second need to be counted before they will change. You can't seem to understand that, so I tried to write it out in a way that you could, but I failed. Time is not a theory, it is a fact. All clocks go by tenths of a second, and tenths of tenths. It doesn't matter if you can see them or not. 0.00 means end of time, but the NFL clock will never show 0:00.5 (as in half a second left), it will show 0:01 until it hits zero, even if there is a full second left or just a tenth of a second left.
    I claimed 2-3 seconds before I looked at the following play as u mentioned. The clock stopped 1.2 seconds before the it was supposed to. (I said 2-3 seconds before you pointed out that the clock did not stop as soon as it turned to 2:01 by looking at the next play and I agreed with that, not that I claimed any different).

    We know where the clock should be based on the play before and the play after. The clock should stop at the very beginning of 2:06 (you claim only 8-tenths passed on the next play before the clock changed to 2:05, but close enough) and you know that the clock immediately changes (1-tenth) to 2:00 on the Jets first play after the KO fumble. That proves 5.9 seconds passed on the clock during the KO fumble play. It boggles my mind that you can not understand that. You say the play lasted 6.9 until the whistle blew, and I say 6.3. Even at 6.9, it is only a 1 second difference, not 2 or 3.
    I claimed the that the clock reads around 2:05:70 at kickoff. From there to 2:05:1 (where the clocked stopped), its only 5.6 seconds not 5.9 seconds. How is ur math so weak? Even at 6.3 seconds, the clock operator stopped the clock more than half a second before the he got any signal from the refs.

    Bottom line is, what you have been saying has been wrong from the beginning. It is tenths of a second difference from when the clock stopped and when we heard the whistle blow and not 2 to 3 seconds. I don't even care about the whistle blowing though since we saw him waving his arms before the whistle blew. Just look at the picture that came at 5.5 seconds. It is clear that he had possession and was down by contact 5.5 seconds into the play. 5.9 seconds can pass before the clock would change to 2:00, so the clock should have rightfully stopped at 2:01. There is no conspiracy and the Jets didn' get screwed on the play.
    Again, the player maybe have been touched at 5.5 (per ur calculations) but the clock can not stop until the ref determines that clear possession was established. His signal comes in at 6.8-6.9 seconds. And again, possession is never clear on a picture since u don't know if the ball was still, or moving. Thats why I agree with the refs whistle, which came when the clock should have read 1:59 (2:05:7 minus 6.9 seconds = 1:58:8). Difference is a time out. I may be biased, but I never brought up the timeout issue, a Dolfan did.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -58
    WVDolphan's Avatar
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,969
    vCash:
    1359
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    The Jests are finished.

    Bill Belichick on "putting the tape on"
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/18/belichick-takes-a-shot-at-experts-who-have-it-all-figured-out/


    and i say it's tom brady with better legs...he reads the field presnap like tom brady...reminds me so much of him although tannehills ahead of bradys development in year 2 imo
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Well I'll be damned. WV was right again and called this weeks in advance and everyone gets mad at him.


    SHOCKER

    Quote Quote  

  9. -59
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,478
    vCash:
    16982
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    you know what's funny is the Giants are whining about a second that didn't go off the clock yet Witten caught a pass wnet OOb at 7 secs and the clock continued to 6 unlike our play where we recovered the fumble at 2:01 and the clock froze.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -60
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,828
    vCash:
    48846
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post
    I already know how ten tenths of a second work. You on the other hand claimed when clock reads 2:06, it potentially can be between 2:06:01 and 2:06:99, when its not.
    Apparently you didn't, or you would have known your claim of 2 to 3 seconds was impossible. I wrote out the tenths in front (2:06.99) in an effort to try to get you to understand that all tenths need to be counted. I never implied that 2:07 should be on the clock (which is how 2:06.1 to 2:06.99 would show up on the clock) It is written out incorrectly, but nothing changes if you count out the tenths in front if you count the second down (meaning 2:06.99 changes to 2:05 after 0:00.99 seconds) or if you count them out the proper way (2:05.99 changes to 2:05 in 0:00.99 seconds) You said:

    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post
    Let me prove it to you in ur words. If the play took 6.3 seconds then from 2:06:00 minus 6:3 seconds is 1:59:70.
    I have said 4-tenths from the beginning, and 159:70 is 4-tenths away from 2:00.10 which will read 2:01 on the NFL clock. You kept saying 2 to 3 seconds which means you were not including all the tenths that ran off. This is the first post that you now get it and have change your 2-3 second difference to 1 second. You are still wrong, but I am glad we are finally getting closer.

    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post
    I never argued it stopped as soon as the clock ticked to 2:01. Never said that but u continue to repeat yourself as if it is what I've been thinking all along.
    That is exactly what you have arguing because there is no other way to come up with a 2 to 3 seconds difference. If you really thought differently, you would have known that a 2 to 3 second difference would be impossible like I have been telling you the whole time.


    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post
    We don't when exactly the clock stopped. It is very normal for the clock to tick an extra second before the clock operator stops it. Very normal and common. What we do know is that the clock ticked to 2:05 after .8 seconds of the player coming out of the EZ, which means the clock has to have read around 2:05:70 (reaction time of one tenth of a second). You claiming the clock most likely read 2:00:10 is reasonable and most likely true and I didn't argue with that. The difference between 2:05:70 and 2:00:10 is 5.6 seconds. McCourty takes the ball at the goal line and immediately runs with it. Clock starts (or should start) after about one tenth of a second of collecting the ball. From that time, to the refs signal, it took 6.8 seconds (6.9 to the refs whistle. I slowed down the video to 1/4th of the speed and timed it to get a far accurate reading).
    We know when it should have been stopped, and know that it got stopped within tenths of when it should have been. You can watch the Jets FG attempt before the KO fumble and know that there should be a full 10-tenths on the 2:06. Trying to figure out the reaction time is silly. I could say well maybe the operators reaction time was longer than it should have been on the FG stoppage, and maybe he started it too early on the KO return. Who cares? We know when it should have stopped on the last play and when it should have started on the next play. Based on the play before, there should be a full 10-tenths on the 2:06, which means that we have 5.9 seconds that can pass between 2:06.00 and 2:00.1. We know that is accurate based on the play before and the play after.

    I don't have any faith that you started timing it at the right time, and stopped it at the right time. From the time he entered the field of play to the time the whistle came is 6.3 seconds, not 6.9. You claiming that there is only 1-tenth of a second difference between the official waving his arms and the whistle blowing is ridiculous, unless he is Flash Gordon. I would like to see what a waving arm, being raised from the hip,towards the sky in 1-tenth of a second, looks like.



    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post
    Too excessive don't u think? Clock read around 2:05:07 at the kickoff and I've already explained why.
    You are the one whining about tenths of a second, not me. Maybe it did read 2:05.70, and the reaction time on the next play was 1-tenth which account for 8-tenths being ran off before the clock changed. Maybe it read 2:05.20 and the clock operators reaction time was 6-tenths which would account for the 8-tenths that you see. None of that matters to me. What matters is what it should be, and we know what it should be based on the play before and after.


    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post
    I claimed 2-3 seconds before I looked at the following play as u mentioned. The clock stopped 1.2 seconds before the it was supposed to. (I said 2-3 seconds before you pointed out that the clock did not stop as soon as it turned to 2:01 by looking at the next play and I agreed with that, not that I claimed any different).
    You have claimed 2 to 3 seconds this whole time. The clock read 2:06 when it started and stopped at 2:01. Do the math. Even with the whistle coming as far as 6.9 seconds and the clock stopping as soon as it hits 2:01, you still can't get a 2 to 3 seconds. This is the first post that you get it and have changed your tune.


    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post
    I claimed the that the clock reads around 2:05:70 at kickoff. From there to 2:05:1 (where the clocked stopped), its only 5.6 seconds not 5.9 seconds. How is ur math so weak? Even at 6.3 seconds, the clock operator stopped the clock more than half a second before the he got any signal from the refs.
    That is your claim, not mine. My math is based on 2:06.00 which is what should be on the clock. It is 5.9 seconds that passed, and 6.3 when the whistle blew. 4-tenths which is what I have been telling you since the beginning.

    On top of that, 6.3 is when the whistle blew, not when the play was being signaled dead. That could have come as early as 5.5, so even according to your calculations, the clock operator still would have had 1-tenth to stop the clock at 2:01.




    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJETSJETS View Post
    Again, the player maybe have been touched at 5.5 (per ur calculations) but the clock can not stop until the ref determines that clear possession was established. His signal comes in at 6.8-6.9 seconds. And again, possession is never clear on a picture since u don't know if the ball was still, or moving. Thats why I agree with the refs whistle, which came when the clock should have read 1:59 (2:05:7 minus 6.9 seconds = 1:58:8). Difference is a time out. I may be biased, but I never brought up the timeout issue, a Dolfan did.
    No, 5.5 is when he clearly has possession and was down by contact. The Jets player recovered the the ball and was first touched by a NE player at 4.8 seconds. You claim the whistle came at 6.9, and it actually came at 6.3. Anyone can examine the video and determine who is right. We know the play was being signaled dead before the whistle blew. Based on the recovery on the video, the official could have signaled it as early as 5.5. We can't see him, so we can't know for sure if he was, but it certainly would have been reasonable for him to do so. The NFL looked into this and they have a lot more video angels to see when the signal came. The NFL said there was no foul play. I don't take the NFL's word alone, but examining the play myself, I agree.



    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    you know what's funny is the Giants are whining about a second that didn't go off the clock yet Witten caught a pass wnet OOb at 7 secs and the clock continued to 6 unlike our play where we recovered the fumble at 2:01 and the clock froze.
    The whining Giants players and fans are wrong. There should have been 1 second left on the clock in the Giants game. I guess whining Giants fans are the same as whining Jets fans. Wrong! You would know the clock didn't freeze at 2:01 if you watched the following play. The clock immediately changed to 2:00 meaning that 9-tenths ran off of 2:01.

    On a side note; good to see you on the board. Hope you made it through Sandy without any major damage.
    Last edited by The New Guy; 10-31-2012 at 09:27 PM.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Honest question looking for an honest answer
    By PhinFan0202 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-10-2012, 02:25 AM
  2. Could you be this honest?
    By Bumpus in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 07:06 PM
  3. C.pep.....be honest
    By Delfin 22 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 05-07-2007, 02:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •