Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Sparanoball Rearing its ugly head in NY

1. -91
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Supposedly Ryan is a top 10-15 QB in this league so I guss it's fair to compare?
    Stop it.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

2. -92
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Acworth, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sparano was always masterful with his clock managament - so glad he isn't around anymore.
    Hope is not a strategy.
    Quote Quote  

3. -93
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks

Sparanoball Rearing its ugly head in NY

Jets are -1.6 points per game differential which is 19th.

Dolphins are .5 ppt differential which is 16th.

Dolphins are getting between 1 - 2.5 points depending on the sports book.

No matter what stat or logic (sometimes twisted) that you use, this will be a very close game. Jets have the home field but Miami has the extra week to prepare.
    Quote Quote  

4. -94
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    I'd be a little nervous if I was comparing Ryan Tannehill in his 4th year as a starter to a rookie QB. I think the fact that this debate is comparing buttfumble to Tannehill tells you all you need to know about buttfumble in his 4th year. lol.
    But Junc doesn't get it though. He thinks it is a justified comparison.

I'd be hiding under a chair if I ever have to compare my 4-year starter against a rookie and don't come up with numbers which clearly support my theory of my 4-year starter is clearly better. But all he can come up with is a TD here and there and an INT here and there.

Now let's run a comparison of Mark's first 6 games:

buttfumble - Completions: 85; Attempts: 163; Comp%: 52%; Yards: 1,035 TD: 5; INTs: 10; QBR: 56
    Tannehill - Completions: 118; Attempts: 198; Comp%: 59%; Yards: 1,454 TD: 4; INTs: 6; QBR: 76

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

5. -95
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drfletcherdc View Post
    Sparano was always masterful with his clock managament - so glad he isn't around anymore.
    the meatball struck again in new england. With 2:01 left to go, deep in new england territory, off a fumble recovery, the idiot called a very basic running play. lol

Do I even need to mention why that was a stupid call with 2:01 left on the clock ? rofl

RIGHT then and there I KNEW the Jets were going to lose that game. I just laughed at that call. Seen it happen so often here with that clown and his stupid decisions. KNEW the jets would lose at that very moment when that play was called at that time. What an atrocious call when their WR's were getting wide open, you have the momentum, and running the ball doesn't do anything at all (they weren't running it well in the 4th) with 2:01 left to go as it doesn't take any time off the clock with the 2-minute warning saving the Patriots a time out.

What a bumbling stumbling stupid fool that clown is. I used to say Sparano is a high school coach way over his head in the NFL. He's worse, I was giving sparano way too much credit calling him a high school coach and that's where he belonged. I knew high school coaches with far more common sense than meathead

Sparano is dumber than dirt with absolutely no "feel" for the game whatsoever.
    Quote Quote  

6. -96
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

QFT

Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    I'd be a little nervous if I was comparing Ryan Tannehill in his 4th year as a starter to a rookie QB. I think the fact that this debate is comparing buttfumble to Tannehill tells you all you need to know about buttfumble in his 4th year. lol.

It's funny, but even with his 3 ints vs Houston, stripping out those 6 minutes, Tannehill outplayed buttfumble 7-6 with no Fins taking Cushing (one of those ints) out on a questionably dirty play.

When NE and SF each score about 50 pts on Buffalo soon after buttfumble's first game, coupled with the shutout by SF in the Meadowlands, it's fair if you're gonna count a raw rookie's first game against a formidable D in their house as part of his record, it's equally fair to eliminate The Taco's first game vs a Wanny terrible D especially when it was born out by two other teams -one of which shut out buttfumble at home.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/impo...0/9qix79-1.jpg
    Quote Quote  

7. -97
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Chad Henne might be available to unseat Sancheez...
    Quote Quote  

8. -98
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    you have me confused w/ vaark. please find my excuses and post them. this is really funny coming from the guy blaming a missed 48 yd FG on wet grass while ignoring all the breaks you got to get to that point.
    There you go right there. The Dolphins now caught all the breaks vs. the Jets. Of course. The refs love Miami and did all they could to have them win. Missing a game-winning kick IS a reason a team loses is it not? Look at Arizona vs. Buffalo. Look at Dallas vs. Baltimore. Look at numerous other games that end that way.

it's tougher to go into the toughest building in the league for an opposing team and win than to win on a neutral site.
    Well since that's what the Jets did of course you feel that way. Only they weren't able to completely do that so you don't actually really know what it's like.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

You also know your QB has 6 INts in 6 games, ours 7 in 7 games(except our QB has 2 more Tds than INTs, yours has 2 less)
    And these are good stats for a QB whose been in the league for 4 years now? Holy **** you'll try and find ANYTHING to belittle the Dolphins.

Quote Quote  

9. -99
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    But Junc doesn't get it though. He thinks it is a justified comparison.

I'd be hiding under a chair if I ever have to compare my 4-year starter against a rookie and don't come up with numbers which clearly support my theory of my 4-year starter is clearly better. But all he can come up with is a TD here and there and an INT here and there.

Now let's run a comparison of Mark's first 6 games:

buttfumble - Completions: 85; Attempts: 163; Comp%: 52%; Yards: 1,035 TD: 5; INTs: 10; QBR: 56
    Tannehill - Completions: 118; Attempts: 198; Comp%: 59%; Yards: 1,454 TD: 4; INTs: 6; QBR: 76

Nice to see the Star wars pic avatar on Rex and Sancheez. Anyone have the Chad Henne kicking Sancheez in the ball's photo?...my all time favorite!
    Quote Quote  

10. -100
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

JEST PEST

buttfumble leads his team back heroically after playing like **** to put them in a hole only to throw a bone headed interception in the Houston and NE games..and then fumble in OT, but that's impressive. Tannehill leads his team late into the game in the lead, entrusting it to the defense and/or his kicker to do what professionals are paid to do, yet he hasn't done enough.

If that's not homerism, I don't know what is. Please realize TGG, far and away the most homeristic of the 3 jets forums considers our version of Baghdad Bob too much of a blind, unobjective homer. That- and the dysfunctional obsessive/compulsive pathology to have the last word on any post throughout FH that reflects the jets in a mostly realistic light, for perspective-sake, are really all you need to know.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/impo.../2my7m7l-1.jpg

Quote Quote