Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Sparanoball Rearing its ugly head in NY

1. -31
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    buttfumble beat NE on the ROAD when NE had a bye week and the Jets did not, he also led his O to 28 points. In 2 neutral site SB games where both teams had byes Eli led his O to 17 & 19 pts- oh and buttfumble didn't need balsl to stick to helmets or NE to drop INTs to lead the Jets to those 28 pts.
    Eli beat them in Super Bowls.

Pretty cool.

Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm so glad we don't have Sparano anymore. Seemed like a good guy but his playcalling was AWFUL.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by CallMeDaddy View Post
    Don't you ever get tired of being one of the only Jet fans left defending buttfumble? It has to get tiring after a while to countlessly defending him.

This is just like when Miami had Henne at QB. Henne showed some promise coming in to replace Pennington, and then after a few years the Dolphins fans realized that he really wasn't that good. But there were always those few posters that always defended Henne, and didn't stop until he left. And now Henne is sucking it up in Jacksonville. It'll happen with buttfumble soon.
    No, I will always defend what I believe whether I'm part of the majority or in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    The Jets have played 1 more game than the Dolphins. With that extra game, the Jets O has scored 1 more TD and 4 more FGs than the Dolphins O. That is 19 more points with one more game played.

The Jets O has scored more than 21 points only 3 times, not 4. The Dolphins O scored less than 17 points in only 1 game. The Jets O scored less than 17 in 3 games.
    we are averaging a point more per game, is more better or worse? we have also been shut out and have had majpr injuries on offense to deal with.

3 games w/ keller in the lineup: averaging 32 PPG
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by NYPhin24 View Post
    Living in NY been listening to WFAN all day, fans are finally calling talking "Sparanoball" and how conservative and predictable he is and playing for FG with a run, run quick slant pass offense, also taking out buttfumble when in a rhythm to run the wild-tebow-cat, also going into the game with a gameplan and being stubborn and not deviating or making any adjustments at all.... all sounds so familiar...

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...ots-29-jets-26

"buttfumble was throwing well and they should've taken at least one shot from the Patriots' 18, where they recovered a fumble on a kickoff. The Patriots capitalized, sending it to OT with a 43-yard field goal."

"Brutal call: The play that will be second-guessed was a third-and-2 pass from the Patriots' 3 in the third quarter. This was an ideal situation for Tim Tebow, who converted in a similar situation last week. Not only did they not use Tebow, but the Jets made a terrible call -- a quick slant to WR Chaz Schilens. The slant has become such a predictable call for the Jets. Down three points, they should've run the ball with Tebow or Shonn Greene. They settled for a chip-shot field goal, but you need more than chip-shot field goals to beat the Patriots."

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/10/...in-foxborough/

"But then they played not to lose, something you just can’t do in the NFL if you’re serious about exceeding expectations, or, you know, winning games.Just before the 2 minute warning and just after Hill’s critical drop destroyed a drive that seemed destined for the end zone but instead ended with a tying field goal, the Patriots’ Devin McCourty, who earlier took a 104-yard return to the house, seemingly coughed up the game with a fumble on the ensuing kickoff. The Jets were set up at the Pats’ 18 and the near-impossible at the start of the game looked extremely possible."

"Now whether you want to chalk up that series to offensive coordinator Tony Sparano’s conservative nature or Ryan’s undying belief in his defense, the Jets’ coaching staff showed they weren’t ready to win that game. A weak Tim Tebow draw and a run into the line set up a 3rd and 7. buttfumble then took a 10-yard sack, which cemented the horrifying truth: Tom Brady was going to get the ball back with 1:42 to play."
    I was watching Francesa kill them for settling for that FG at the end of the half and not trying to throw it after the fumbled KO with 2 minutes left. Sparano loves his fist pumps.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    lol at Junc trying to compare anything between Eli and Taco hellboy as quarterbacks

ROFL !!!!

poor junc and his silly fandom for a team that's 2nd fiddle even in his own town (by a WIDE margin)
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post

3 games w/ keller in the lineup: averaging 32 PPG
    I think that is more of a reflection of the defenses you played, Buffalo, Indy and the Pats. I highly doubt the Jets score 32 on the Dolphins.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Tony Morono is a ****ing bewb.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Eli beat them in Super Bowls.

Pretty cool.
    Mark's job was much tougher and mark didn't have his D/STs set him up w/ OT winning FGs in title games.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    I think that is more of a reflection of the defenses you played, Buffalo, Indy and the Pats. I highly doubt the Jets score 32 on the Dolphins.
    Could be but against Pitt we scored 10 and they have allowed 24 per game in their other games.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    JaMarkus buttfumble is nowhere NEAR Elite Manning's level.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    JaMarkus buttfumble is nowhere NEAR Elite Manning's level.
    stop trying to move in on Chad Hennehill
    Quote Quote