Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Sparanoball Rearing its ugly head in NY

1. -81
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    if only we faced the washington D allowing the Giants best playmaker to run free in the secondary up just 3 late in the game. Eli and mark handed their Ds leads late in the game, Eli's D held, mark's did not.

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

You do know our O is scoring more PPG than yours, right? and that's w/ all the injuries we have had and w/ being shut out a game.
    It's funny that when Taco for a change actually gives his D the lead, it's the D's fault for it not holding up, but whenever Tannehill entrusts the lead to his kicker or defense, over and over again, it's on him for not doing more. Ponderous, ****ing ponderous!

Quote Quote  

2. -82
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was rolling in my car on my way to work listening to Mike Greenberg, he said he thought the playcalling sucked and that the Jets' O coordinator should have been left in Foxboro.
    Quote Quote  

3. -83
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolph N.Fan View Post
    I was rolling in my car on my way to work listening to Mike Greenberg, he said he thought the playcalling sucked and that the Jets' O coordinator should have been left in Foxboro.
    Just think about it. We suck for years. Then we send our crappy coaches to our AFC East rivals. Gailey and Wannstedt in Buffalo, Sparano in NY. I tell you it was all planned out.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

4. -84
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    This is ridiculous, but I will bite. The Jets O is averaging 18.7 PPG, not 19.7. The Jets O did not score 23 against the Dolphins. Landry returned an Int for a TD in that game. Thomas also fumbled which gave the Jets a FG, but we will give them those points anyway. That means you need to take away a positive and put it in the negative column. 4 negatives and 3 positives for the Jets with 1 more game played. If you add up the totals, the Jets are -41 in those games they scored less in and only +17 in the games they scored more in. The Dolphins are -30 in the games they scored less than, and the same +17 as the Jets in games they scored more in. This includes an extra game for the Jets which adds to the stats.
    I forgot the great Ryan tannehill actuall threw a pick for a TD, his greatness has blinded me so you are correct it is 18.7 so we have virtually scored the same amount per game this year so it's 4 neg 3 pos for the Jets and 4 neg 2 pos for Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyboy View Post
    It's no coincidence that as soon as sparano is hired the jets will have their first losing season since rex ryan has been there, and since the ridiculous overrating of the Favre fiasco

just watch the destruction about to embark on that franchise after the dolphins go in there and beat them sending them packing at 3-5 and 2 full-weeks of Bye Week hell from the new york media
    yep, we are headed for 3-13 while Miami will be 13-3. Congrats on that!

Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Instead he finds every excuse under the sun as to why the Jets lost as opposed to them just losing as all teams do.
    you have me confused w/ vaark. please find my excuses and post them. this is really funny coming from the guy blaming a missed 48 yd FG on wet grass while ignoring all the breaks you got to get to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    So the Super Bowl isn't the toughest game of the year? Hysterical logic
    it's tougher to go into the toughest building in the league for an opposing team and win than to win on a neutral site.

Quote Originally Posted by utahphinsfan View Post
    The jest passing game was better w/ Keller back. Though, I was able to tel what the jest were going to run in their preseason game against NYC's elite football team... nothing has changed,

Did anyone else notice yesterday when Simms said the jest only have 3 passing plays. Really, Phil!?

Nantz went out on limb & Ga Tech is great place to get NFL WR's. C Johnson is a stud and D Thomas has potential now that he has a real QB but the jury is still out on he & S Hill.

Funny thing is.. once late in the 3rd both DB's went deep w/ the WR and left Keller open for a 14 yd gain on 3 & 8. So, its not just Miami that has lapses in regards to who sancheeses security blanket is.

For my funny moment of the week, my brother asks me after the game how I could root for the Pats/Brady. I did not go into all the reasons that I loathe the jest. I asked him if he "noticed the AFCE standings after the game?". He did not. I said, "Miami is now in 2nd place." Then, he understood.
    you would have been in 2nd place had we won and you would have been playing for 1st place this week had we won.

Quote Originally Posted by luduporcu View Post
    As you saw from your post, I agree that you don't whine, whimper, and hide. But I have another question, and maybe you can answer it.

They say that there's 2 ways to learn: the easy way, and the hard way. The EASY WAY is to learn from someone else's mistakes. The hard way is that you get to learn from your own mistakes. You stop by here a lot, and your Organization MUST have staff who follow the competition in the AFC and AFC East in particular. ALL OF YOU have had 3 years to watch MIAMI play "PARCELLSBALL" under the leadership of...Drum Roll, please...SPARANO. Couldn't SOMEONE stand up, and say something like "Wait a minute: SPARANO's unready, and a buffoon", or maybe "Wait a minute, this is the 21st Century, and PARCELLSBALL is antiquated"????? I mean, the JETS are a solid team. Someone built that team, so someone must have a brain. Well, where were they?????

And does ANYONE in the Greater New York Metropolitan area realize what a "LINGERING DEATH" the JETS Organization and its fans are about to be subjected to? Where's that well-known tough Media?

I'm an attorney by trade (now retired). Hiring SPARANO, a/k/a "The Meatball", a/k/a "Mr. Fist Pump" (the ritual SPARANO goes thru when his minions score a FG in the redzone, rather than a TD) is i/m/o the football world's equivalent to Malpractice!!! So, tell me: Who's the genius responsible for that blunder?
    Tony isn't our Head Coach, he's our OC. HUGE difference.

Quote Originally Posted by whizafriz View Post
    I like how the Jets became exactly what I was afraid of the Fins becoming.

A blunder-prone offense run by Morono that loves FG's.
    Henne/Sanchez at the helm (QB's with a mediocre cieling)
    And a roleless Tim Tebow waiting in the wings, inciting more pointless Wildcat plays. ( I was deathly afraid of us drafting him, especially after seeing Pat White. )
    You know that both the Jets and Dolphins have attempted 11 FGs this year, right? the Jets 11 in 7 games, Miami 11 in 6 games.

You also know your QB has 6 INts in 6 games, ours 7 in 7 games(except our QB has 2 more Tds than INTs, yours has 2 less)
    Quote Quote  

5. -85
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

Bullseye

Just for some more perspective going into last Sunday Morning, going forward over the next 5 games... inconsideration of:
    1. a raw rookie's first game in Houston vs the 2011 #1 D in batted balls and #2D in pass defense (vs a full game playing against Cushing since no teammate took him out with a questionably dirty play)
    note: stripping out 6 minutes, this first game rookie still outscored Houston 7-6!

2. a 4th year veteran's first game against a team which also subsequently gave up close to 50 pts each to 2 additional opponents in subsequent 3 or 4 games, and then had the worst completion records for starters since JaMarcus Russell and/or an obscure '99 Ravens QB starter depending on how many of the next games you wanted to use to measure

http://www.finheaven.com/images/impo...0/9qix79-1.jpg
    http://www.finheaven.com/images/impo.../281dj5h-1.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

Quote Quote  

6. -86
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just love how you take away mark's best game and tannehill's worst game.

how about mark vs. Ryan like this:

mark(game 1, 6 & 7) vs. Rayn(game 1,2 & 3)

Mark: 58-86, 67%, 676 yds, 6 TDs, 1 INY(I will rmeove the Buf INt since the defender was out of bounds), 109.4 rating
    Ryan: 54-102, 53%, 615 yds, 1 TDs, 4 INTs, 58.2 rating

using the vaark school of logic this clearly shows Sanchez to be the much better QB
    Quote Quote  

7. -87
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I forgot the great Ryan tannehill actuall threw a pick for a TD, his greatness has blinded me so you are correct it is 18.7 so we have virtually scored the same amount per game this year so it's 4 neg 3 pos for the Jets and 4 neg 2 pos for Miami.

yep, we are headed for 3-13 while Miami will be 13-3. Congrats on that!

you have me confused w/ vaark. please find my excuses and post them. this is really funny coming from the guy blaming a missed 48 yd FG on wet grass while ignoring all the breaks you got to get to that point.

it's tougher to go into the toughest building in the league for an opposing team and win than to win on a neutral site.

you would have been in 2nd place had we won and you would have been playing for 1st place this week had we won.

Tony isn't our Head Coach, he's our OC. HUGE difference.

You know that both the Jets and Dolphins have attempted 11 FGs this year, right? the Jets 11 in 7 games, Miami 11 in 6 games.

You also know your QB has 6 INts in 6 games, ours 7 in 7 games(except our QB has 2 more Tds than INTs, yours has 2 less)

Hey NYJUNC...How about those Blue Devils??? Got a good feeling about this weekend cause when the Devils start beating up on UNC in football the tide has got to be turning.

See ya Sunday ....
    Quote Quote  

8. -88
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd be a little nervous if I was comparing Ryan Tannehill in his 4th year as a starter to a rookie QB. I think the fact that this debate is comparing Sanchez to Tannehill tells you all you need to know about Sanchez in his 4th year. lol.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

9. -89
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by N-E-O View Post
    Hey NYJUNC...How about those Blue Devils??? Got a good feeling about this weekend cause when the Devils start beating up on UNC in football the tide has got to be turning.

See ya Sunday ....
    they were bound to beat the heels again, how many games do you want the Heels do win in a row?

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    I'd be a little nervous if I was comparing Ryan Tannehill in his 4th year as a starter to a rookie QB. I think the fact that this debate is comparing Sanchez to Tannehill tells you all you need to know about Sanchez in his 4th year. lol.
    Supposedly Ryan is a top 10-15 QB in this league so I guss it's fair to compare?
    Quote Quote  

10. -90
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    Lol you beat me to saying it
    Quote Quote