Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: When will Junc admit that Taco sucks?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • He has already admitted it to himself, just too late to change opinion in public.

    12 38.71%
  • Never

    14 45.16%
  • After Tebow leads the Jets to AFC title game only to have the D lose game.

    1 3.23%
  • When he is traded to the Jaguars for a 7th and cash considerations to be paid by Jets.

    4 12.90%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 115

Thread: Poll: When will Junc come to the realization that Taco sucks.

  1. -71
    LordPicklewagon's Avatar
    Archibald Meatpants

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    5,169
    vCash:
    10646
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    The most direct cause of the Jets' defeat was Mark Sanchez's fumble in overtime. I actually think it would have been very easy not to fumble in that situation if he had not been so loose with the football. Saying it would have been "very hard" not to fumble is excuse making. It's you saying what he did was OK.

    Again, what matters is how you perform in crunch time. That is YOUR standard, it's how you excuse Sanchez's poor play throughout games and seasons. Mark Sanchez failed in crunch time against the Patriots. Admit it.
    ha. Good luck with that. He still keeps saying that Sanchez "gave them the lead".
    Quote Quote  

  2. -72
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,350
    vCash:
    29285
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    The most direct cause of the Jets' defeat was Mark Sanchez's fumble in overtime. I actually think it would have been very easy not to fumble in that situation if he had not been so loose with the football. Saying it would have been "very hard" not to fumble is excuse making. It's you saying what he did was OK.

    Again, what matters is how you perform in crunch time. That is YOUR standard, it's how you excuse Sanchez's poor play throughout games and seasons. Mark Sanchez failed in crunch time against the Patriots. Admit it.
    He had very little time to react, could he have tucked the ball? sure but it wasn't an easy play and even if he does it can still come out.

    In crunch time Sanchez has been excellent most of his career inclduing Sunday when he brought us back from 10 down to give us a late lead.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -73
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    9,170
    vCash:
    37480
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    He had very little time to react, could he have tucked the ball? sure but it wasn't an easy play and even if he does it can still come out.

    In crunch time Sanchez has been excellent most of his career inclduing Sunday when he brought us back from 10 down to give us a late lead.
    Only to fumble the ball away when time got even crunchier. You admit he should have tucked the ball. "Easy" or not -- and I think it was easy -- this was a HUGE mistake. A game ending mistake. That gets you an "F", by your own standard.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -74
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,350
    vCash:
    29285
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Only to fumble the ball away when time got even crunchier. You admit he should have tucked the ball. "Easy" or not -- and I think it was easy -- this was a HUGE mistake. A game ending mistake. That gets you an "F", by your own standard.
    It was a mistake, it's one he makes at any time of a game. One thing about Mark is he isn't afraid in crunhtime like some QBs are. He'll make mistakes like any QB, it wouldn't have been easy to hold onto the ball but he could have. We aren't playing at that moment w/o him though.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -75
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    9,170
    vCash:
    37480
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    It was a mistake, it's one he makes at any time of a game. One thing about Mark is he isn't afraid in crunhtime like some QBs are. He'll make mistakes like any QB, it wouldn't have been easy to hold onto the ball but he could have. We aren't playing at that moment w/o him though.
    Which is irrelevant if he screws up the end game. Remember, it's always been your argument for Sanchez that he plays his best when the moment is biggest. Well, that was the biggest moment of the game, and he ****ed it up, which you admit. If you're going to start placing importance on how he plays throughout the game to justify his failure in the clutch, then you've effectively destroyed your own argument on behalf on Sanchez you've been making all this time.

    Either how you play when the fire of the game is at it's hottest is all that matters or it isn't. Your choice.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -76
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,350
    vCash:
    29285
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    I don't blame him for the loss, he left the field w/ a lead w/ a minute and a half to play.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -77
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,004
    vCash:
    2692
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    He didn't do enough to win but he wasn't why they lost.

    it would have been really hard not to fumble in that situation.
    Uhh yea, yea it would. It's called tucking the ball and you know, taking the sack. Or perhaps you didn't watch the game and missed the part where Sanchez was being Sanchez, and tried to throw the ball as he was being sacked, holding it out with one hand as a gift to the defense like he does on a consistent basis.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -78
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    9,170
    vCash:
    37480
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I don't blame him for the loss, he left the field w/ a lead w/ a minute and a half to play.
    Which is plenty of time to go get a field goal to tie, especially if you're Tom Brady. Blaming this on your defense is ridiculous. Those three points were the only points they gave up in the entire fourth quarter.

    Plus, the only reason Sanchez left the field ahead at all is because the special teams forced a fumble. I don't see you giving them credit for that, which is typical.

    The fact is, the game was at it's hottest in overtime, and you admit Sanchez screwed up. The chief reason the Jets lost was because of that fumble. If you're going to ignore the rest of the game when that's convenient to make Sanchez look better I hope you realize how intellectually dishonest it is to cite it now.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -79
    J. David Wannyheimer's Avatar
    The truth is out there.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2011
    Posts:
    16,313
    vCash:
    108574
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Four road playoff wins.

    Ice up, Leodis.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -80
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,350
    vCash:
    29285
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Which is plenty of time to go get a field goal to tie, especially if you're Tom Brady. Blaming this on your defense is ridiculous. Those three points were the only points they gave up in the entire fourth quarter.

    Plus, the only reason Sanchez left the field ahead at all is because the special teams forced a fumble. I don't see you giving them credit for that, which is typical.

    The fact is, the game was at it's hottest in overtime, and you admit Sanchez screwed up. The chief reason the Jets lost was because of that fumble. If you're going to ignore the rest of the game when that's convenient to make Sanchez look better I hope you realize how intellectually dishonest it is to cite it now.
    our D has a bad habit of allowing late scores in close games, did it vs. you guys in week 3, have done it numerous times under rex.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. A Realization
    By Dajesus in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-31-2010, 06:56 PM
  2. Replies: 159
    Last Post: 01-18-2006, 10:45 PM
  3. Realization
    By tmny99 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-17-2005, 01:33 PM
  4. I've come to a realization.
    By modestophinfan in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 10-06-2004, 10:19 AM
  5. AFC Championship or Bust..a sad realization.
    By Gladsadmad in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 08:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •