Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cap as of 12/6/12

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

Cap as of 12/6/12

Enough salary cap talk. Lets throw down some real numbers.

Lets also assume the following rules:

-The salary cap roll over from 2011 is $8.9 million
    -The unsed salary cap from the previous year can be rolled over into the next year
    -During the regular season, the 53 man active roster and the practice squad players count against the cap
    -During the offseason, only the highest 51 players count against the cap.
    -If a player is cut mid-season, his entire salary does not count against the cap unles he is a vested veteran (4 or more accrued years) and was active for the 1st regular season game
    -If a vested vet is cut mid-season (Legadu Naanee) and is picked up by another team, that team will take on the pro-rated salary cap hit for the rest of the year
    -If a player is signed mid-season (Jabar Gaffney), only his pro-rated annual salary counts against our cap
    -And this is my own rule: If multiple websites list different contract numbers, always use the highest number reported.

If anyone would like the MS Excel version of this spreadsheet, please PM me.
    Last edited by Zounds; 12-06-2012 at 07:13 PM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Updated on 12/6/12

Added Brandon Fields' contract to 2013. It was an extention that did not change his 2012 contract. It also has a low guarnteed amount of money, but a high ceiling, so I assumed it is heavy on incentives. I'll also assume he is likely to reach those incentives, being that it appears he is headed for his first Pro Bowl this year.

Also corrected Dansby's pro-rated signing bonus, and added Tyrone Culver's salary over the remaining 4 games, and Jason Trusnik's extension. I know we signed a few PS guys, but I'm not splitting hairs for the little guys.

Cap 12-6-12.pdf
    Last edited by Zounds; 12-06-2012 at 07:47 PM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This might be the best Salary cap spreadsheet I have seen to date on this site. I am sticking this thread for you Zounds, awesome job.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Thanks. I think its nice aesthetically, but all of the salary and bonus numbers came from a variety of sources, some of which contradict each other, so its tough to get excact contract numbers. If anyone has additional salary info that is not in the spreadsheet, I welcome them to post here with a link to the source, and I will update the spreadsheet so we can keep a running total.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    Thanks. I think its nice aesthetically, but all of the salary and bonus numbers came from a variety of sources, some of which contradict each other, so its tough to get excact contract numbers. If anyone has additional salary info that is not in the spreadsheet, I welcome them to post here with a link to the source, and I will update the spreadsheet so we can keep a running total.
    I know brother, I have searched in the past for cap numbers and they are so obscure sometimes it is 75% factual and 25% speculation. At least your document gets us in the general ballpark and gives a solid well presented platform to work from.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Can I change the date in the thread title or do I need to start a new thread for an updated spreadsheet?
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    however you want to run it zounds.

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Zounds it was pointed out the Brandon Fields re-signed at the start of this season with a contract extension.

Here is a link to some of the details I could find:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ract-extension
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    Zounds it was pointed out the Brandon Fields re-signed at the start of this season with a contract extension.

Awesome, thanks for the info. I will update Feilds' contract info. I also have a correction to Dansby's pro-rated bonus I need to make. I will try and do it within th next few days.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post

Updated. It was a tricky one - a $3.3 million minimum and a $13 million maximum over 4 years. Sounds like it was all incentives, which I assumed he will earn, but ethres not much info out there on what they were.
    Quote Quote