Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Cap as of 12/6/12

  1. -11
    datruth55's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    10,214
    vCash:
    3383
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Your spreadsheet is getting closer but you still have some players who's contracts are expiring after this season as being on the roster for next season and being active players. You have 43 active players and the number is much lower than that.

    Jason Trusnik - signed a 2 year/$2 million contract in 2011...there should be no 2013 cap hit for him since he will be an UFA at season's end.
    Jeron Mustrud - signed a 1 year/$540,000 contract in 2012...he will be a RFA in 2013. He should have no salary for 2013 although I think he still gives us a cap hit unless he signs somewhere else or we don't give him an offer.
    Austin Spitler - Same as Mustrud
    Legedu Naanee - signed a 1 year/$540,000 contract in 2012...should not be counted in 2013 as a cap hit or on the roster...obviously.
    RJ Stanford - signed a 1 year/$540,000 in 2012...he will be a RFA in 2013...same story as Mustrud, RFA shouldn't be counted as on the roster.
    Marlon Moore - signed a 3 year/$1,215,000 contract in 2010...will be a RFA in 2013...shouldn't be counted on the roster.
    Jonathan Amaya - same as RJ Stanford and Mustrud...RFA in 2013 shouldn't be counted on the roster.
    Jonathan Freeny - signed a 1 year/$390,000 in 2012 as an undrafted free agent...RFA in 2013...shouldn't be counted on the roster.
    Marcus Thigpen - same as Freeny.
    Pat Devlin - same as Freeny and Thigpen.
    Will Barker - Same as RJ Stanford and Mustrud.

    So that's 11 guys you're counting as being Active Players in 2013 that shouldn't be. We should have 32 players signed for 2013. We'll probably tender a few of the RFA's but not all of them and you can't count them as active players until those qualifying offers are made. If RFA are not offered qualifying tenders then they become unrestricted.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    Zounds's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    6,440
    vCash:
    5568
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Your spreadsheet is getting closer but you still have some players who's contracts are expiring after this season as being on the roster for next season and being active players. You have 43 active players and the number is much lower than that.

    Jason Trusnik - signed a 2 year/$2 million contract in 2011...there should be no 2013 cap hit for him since he will be an UFA at season's end.
    Jeron Mustrud - signed a 1 year/$540,000 contract in 2012...he will be a RFA in 2013. He should have no salary for 2013 although I think he still gives us a cap hit unless he signs somewhere else or we don't give him an offer.
    Austin Spitler - Same as Mustrud
    Legedu Naanee - signed a 1 year/$540,000 contract in 2012...should not be counted in 2013 as a cap hit or on the roster...obviously.
    RJ Stanford - signed a 1 year/$540,000 in 2012...he will be a RFA in 2013...same story as Mustrud, RFA shouldn't be counted as on the roster.
    Marlon Moore - signed a 3 year/$1,215,000 contract in 2010...will be a RFA in 2013...shouldn't be counted on the roster.
    Jonathan Amaya - same as RJ Stanford and Mustrud...RFA in 2013 shouldn't be counted on the roster.
    Jonathan Freeny - signed a 1 year/$390,000 in 2012 as an undrafted free agent...RFA in 2013...shouldn't be counted on the roster.
    Marcus Thigpen - same as Freeny.
    Pat Devlin - same as Freeny and Thigpen.
    Will Barker - Same as RJ Stanford and Mustrud.

    So that's 11 guys you're counting as being Active Players in 2013 that shouldn't be. We should have 32 players signed for 2013. We'll probably tender a few of the RFA's but not all of them and you can't count them as active players until those qualifying offers are made. If RFA are not offered qualifying tenders then they become unrestricted.
    Jason Trusnik - signed a 2 year contract extension recently
    Jeron Mustrud - RFA
    Austin Spitler - RFA
    Legedu Naanee - This guy shouldnt count against 2013. A typo which I will correct on the next update, likely after the final game. I should actually move his 2012 cap hit to the dead money section. Thanks for pointing that out.
    RJ Stanford - RFA
    Marlon Moore - RFA
    Jonathan Amaya - RFA
    Jonathan Freeny - RFA
    Marcus Thigpen - RFA
    Pat Devlin - RFA
    Will Barker - RFA

    Liks I said in the VIP discussion, I have included RFAs in the 2013 cap number because Miami has exclusive rights to those players, and unless these players are cut or traded before the new NFL league year in March, they will count against the 2013 offseason cap. Its unlikely that all of the RFA will make the team in 2013, but I have to account for them until they are cut or traded, especially since most will be given a chance to compete in training camp. This is the main reason I created the "in-season" cap number vs the "off-season" cap number.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    Zounds's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    6,440
    vCash:
    5568
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    If you'd like, I can make a 3rd colum on the spreadsheet that list the cap without the RFAs. Let me know and I can add it, or if you'd like the Excel copy to make adjustments onyour own, I can do that too.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    datruth55's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    10,214
    vCash:
    3383
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    If you'd like, I can make a 3rd colum on the spreadsheet that list the cap without the RFAs. Let me know and I can add it, or if you'd like the Excel copy to make adjustments onyour own, I can do that too.
    Yeah, I think that would be helpful.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    Zounds's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    6,440
    vCash:
    5568
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I will add that to the spreasheet when I update it after the season, which should be fairly soon. I will also remove the 2012 column.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    1,022
    vCash:
    1459
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks for taking the time to do this!!!

    Any chance you have the numbers for next season? I read somewhere that we have a lot of space before the signings of the guys this offseason.

    Thanks again...
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    Zounds's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    6,440
    vCash:
    5568
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by FINMAN13 View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to do this!!!

    Any chance you have the numbers for next season? I read somewhere that we have a lot of space before the signings of the guys this offseason.

    Thanks again...
    I apologize, but I have not updated the spreadsheet since December. Its a very busy time of year for me professionally, but I would like to post an updated sheet (top 51) when things settle down with the FA signings. In the meantime, there are a few good websites out there that can give yo a good starting point, like spotrac or thephinsider.
    Quote Quote  

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •