Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do We Believe Anymore?

1. -1
    Make It Rain!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks

Another POV Do We Believe Anymore?

We live in an age of disbelief, in which citizens increasingly do not believe what their government says or, for that matter, what is accepted as true by popular culture.
    http://pjmedia.com/victordavishanson...inglepage=true

A well written article that explains why many voters have become disillusioned with government and Obama in particular.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanFin View Post
    http://pjmedia.com/victordavishanson...inglepage=true

A well written article that explains why many voters have become disillusioned with government and Obama in particular.
    I probably would have bothered to read it if you didn't include this final part, indicating that it's likely a partisan nonsense piece (which led me to looking up what pj media was, further supporting that). People are disillusioned with government, but it most certainly isn't limited to Obama.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The last two Presidential elections had higher turnout percentages than any other elections in the last thirty years. People are more engaged than ever.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Another partisan, second rated hack site. The USA was founded on January 20, 2009. It is all Obama. Before him everything was fine. We know.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Make It Rain!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well I wouldn't want to burst the bubble of any you Progressive posters on this thread. If you want to dismiss this article as being partisan, than it's your loss.

Obama happens to be the man in charge, and people are really upset with how the government has handled things as of late. It doesn't help that the mainstream media hasn't done their part either in getting to the bottom of various issues.

You can stick your head in the sand, and go "la la la la," but when push comes to shove it's apparent that people are looking for an alternative to the status quo. People are tired of being lied to, because it has become so apparent that the government and media don't necessarily have our best interests at heart.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well I wouldn't want to burst the bubble of any you Progressive posters on this thread. If you want to dismiss this article as being partisan, than it's your loss.

Obama happens to be the man in charge, and people are really upset with how the government has handled things as of late. It doesn't help that the mainstream media hasn't done their part either in getting to the bottom of various issues.

You can stick your head in the sand, and go "la la la la," but when push comes to shove it's apparent that people are looking for an alternative to the status quo. People are tired of being lied to, because it has become so apparent that the government and media don't necessarily have our best interests at heart.
    Or we can understand that Obama is just one piece of the entire government, and notice that you couldn't help but single him out. Sure makes it difficult to take seriously when you are discounting a Republican Senate and an evenly split House. Objectivity is something you'd do well to learn...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Romney is the Uber-Liar. He puts lieing into the Stratosphere. Yeah, you sure make a good choice there.

But in the mean time I will

Last edited by phins_4_ever; 10-23-2012 at 06:06 PM.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Make It Rain!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Or we can understand that Obama is just one piece of the entire government, and notice that you couldn't help but single him out. Sure makes it difficult to take seriously when you are discounting a Republican Senate and an evenly split House. Objectivity is something you'd do well to learn...
    I do understand that Obama is just one piece of the puzzle, however, he is a very important piece. He has the power to veto bills sent to him from Congress, and the ability to make executive orders, and in his case, summarily dismiss decisions made by Congress. He is Commander in Chief, and is the Leader of the Free World.

It's election season, and Obama is the poster child for what has become a fundamentally weak party, and one that merely places blame at the feet of Republicans rather than come up with solutions. So far Obama's only solutions have been to grow the government in hopes that it can take of the issues through stimulus money, and the creation of an overburdening healthcare system which is already leading companies to change their hiring processes and/or lay off people before it's been officially enacted.

Again, if you want to play the "objective" game. You would do well to point out some of the flaws that your own party possesses as well as strengths to be completely credible. Even Romney was able to find some shared ground with Obama in his handling of Syria, and his placing of sanctions on Iran. However, most leftist posters, like yourself, pretend that you will see both sides of the argument when you really only want to preach to your fellow Democrats or tear down anyone who is running on the right. Even I will admit that my party has flaws, but demagoguery on the left is amazing.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you vote for Romney because you prefer his policies than that's both perfectly normal & reasonable. But to suggest that people would vote for Romney, because they are sick of being lied to is delusional. Any person with a fraction of independent thought and 10 minutes of research could find dozens of issues where Romney has lied or flip flopped (just as bad as lying) to the American people. All politicians lie; both Obama & Romney are far from an exception to that rule.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I do understand that Obama is just one piece of the puzzle, however, he is a very important piece. He has the power to veto bills sent to him from Congress, and the ability to make executive orders, and in his case, summarily dismiss decisions made by Congress. He is Commander in Chief, and is the Leader of the Free World.

It's election season, and Obama is the poster child for what has become a fundamentally weak party, and one that merely places blame at the feet of Republicans rather than come up with solutions. So far Obama's only solutions have been to grow the government in hopes that it can take of the issues through stimulus money, and the creation of an overburdening healthcare system which is already leading companies to change their hiring processes and/or lay off people before it's been officially enacted.

Again, if you want to play the "objective" game. You would do well to point out some of the flaws that your own party possesses as well as strengths to be completely credible. Even Romney was able to find some shared ground with Obama in his handling of Syria, and his placing of sanctions on Iran. However, most leftist posters, like yourself, pretend that you will see both sides of the argument when you really only want to preach to your fellow Democrats or tear down anyone who is running on the right. Even I will admit that my party has flaws, but demagoguery on the left is amazing.
    I'm a registered Independent. I don't have a party. In fact, a quick post history search would net you quite a few quotes from me calling the Democrats cowardly and weak for letting the Republicans bully them despite having the majority in both the House and Senate when Obama first took office. Or showing disapproval for that piece of junk healthcare plan. Or disgust for the continued military initiatives around the middle east.

Once again, you live in this black-and-white world where everyone is either with you or against you...
    Quote Quote