Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texas A&M

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Texas A&M

I've been watching a lot of Texas A&M all year, especially today against LSU, and i must say that Sherman did assemble some really talented players there that i would love to have on the Phins roster.....Joeckel and Matthews are STUD tackles (both are easily handling the highly touted Mingo and Montgomery), Damontre Moore is a beat off the edge, Porter is extremely versatile, and Swope is possibly the best route runner in college football, very Wes Welker-like.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was thinking that just now as well watching the LSU game.

Why not get guys that already run your system? Swope is a given to me.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've mentioned Demontre Moore before but even though he plays DE for them he looks more like a 3-4 OLB to me. He's only about 240-245...watching him play reminds me of Wake though. Kid gets held on just about every play and refs don't call it, lol.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Superbowl MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    College Station, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Demontre Moore is a straight up hustler he seems like he is always around the ball. After he tweaked his knee/ankle he was slown down by it a bit but still was an impact player on defense. If he keeps it up and comes out this year then he will be a top 10 pick.

Swope is someone that seems like he will fly under the radar. He isnt posting up big numbers so he is someone to target in the middle rounds. He produced a lot of big plays with Tannehill so I would love to see him in a Dolphins jersey.
    God Bless Palestine
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    I've mentioned Demontre Moore before but even though he plays DE for them he looks more like a 3-4 OLB to me. He's only about 240-245...watching him play reminds me of Wake though. Kid gets held on just about every play and refs don't call it, lol.
    He is a little light at this point, but this is also his first year at DE as he was a LB last year, so i think he should be able to put on a little weight with that frame he has. Regardless, he's stout against the run for his size and hustles on every day. He does remind me so much of Wake.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sherman did a great job recruiting to A&M, the problem is that Sherman led teams tend to have a reputation of really underperforming.

From what I've seen of the Aggies this year, Sumlin has done a good job coaching them. They've lost 2 games to elite defenses that took advantage of a young team (though Johnny Football is a great college QB)
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i love those a & m tackles also...said so yesterday in my draft guru thread...people are sleeping on jake matthews...that kids a plug and play right tackle imo...may even have left tackle feet

dmontre moore is interesting and i'd make him a situational rusher from the jump...he's got a lot of things going for him...but i don't know that he's got cam wakes explosion and first step off the ball or that same ability to bend...but that's a good looking football player...i think he's fine while he adds weight as a 43 situational end rusher...but i don't see a lot of cam wake there...high motor great effort
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Swope has really impressed me in every vid ive seen him in. I would love to see him drafted but he is probably too similar to Bess.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Considering Miami's D-coordinator, deploys a Hybrid Defense, Demontre Moore would make perfect sense at this point. He has played OLB in previous years and is adjusting to playing DE full time this season, without a drop in production. I'd leave Miami's starting D-line in tact and draft Moore to team up with Vernon on 3rd down giving Miami 2 moving parts the opposing offense would need to account for. Moore is a true fit for what Coyle does on defense. I also am High on Swope as well, he is truly an under the radar guy and already has chemistry with Tannehill. Swope made alot of big plays when RT was at Texas A&M and can't imagine that changing in the NFL if Swope were to be drafted by the Dolphins. I also love Sean Porter and his speed at OLB, he can really run and cover, something that Miami's present defense needs an upgrade in. Porter also is a good Blitzer and offers alot in the pass rush schemes, Miami runs.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Love their QB..."Johnny Football," and how he can run and also throw it. Joeckel and Matthews should both be first rounders at LT and RT. They are a fun team to watch, kind of like Texas Tech.
    Quote Quote