Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Football Gameplan's 2013 NFL Midseason Mock Draft Video

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Football Gameplan's 2013 NFL Midseason Mock Draft Video

Good afternoon Dolphins fans! Here's my Midseason Mock Draft Video

Enjoy!

Em
    www.footballgameplan.com
    "Where Football Makes Sense"
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Super Moderator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aberdeen
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Arsenal shield
    Thanks for your time and effort............CEO.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Can't see Amerson going that high after this season but I would love to land Keenan Allen. Don't see us picking in the top 10 either...if the season ended today we'd be in the playoffs and picking 20th.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I stopped watching after Amerson at 5. Doesn't anyone watch gametapes anymore? That guy has been toasted all season long. He's been exposed. Top 5 picks are supposed to be sure thing studs, not guys who are 1 year wonders who struggle like he is.

To be a top 5 pick at corner, you need to be a talent like Champ Bailey, Patrick Peterson, etc.....guys who dominated and shut down WRs.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PSU Cane View Post
    I stopped watching after Amerson at 5. Doesn't anyone watch gametapes anymore? That guy has been toasted all season long. He's been exposed. Top 5 picks are supposed to be sure thing studs, not guys who are 1 year wonders who struggle like he is.

To be a top 5 pick at corner, you need to be a talent like Champ Bailey, Patrick Peterson, etc.....guys who dominated and shut down WRs.
    So you throw away 2 years of tape for 5 games? Mmmmkkay Microwave scouting. And guys like Peterson & Bailey were beaten by WRs all the time.. Ask Champ about Zola Davis and ask Patrick Peterson about Julio Jones
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How did u determine draft order. I don't see us picking 10. But two thumbs up for Keenan.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    How did u determine draft order. I don't see us picking 10. But two thumbs up for Keenan.
    Thanks Scotty! It was just simply by looking at win/loss record..not much thought was put in the order.. I don't think the Falcons get to the Super Bowl
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by FootballCEO View Post
    So you throw away 2 years of tape for 5 games? Mmmmkkay Microwave scouting. And guys like Peterson & Bailey were beaten by WRs all the time.. Ask Champ about Zola Davis and ask Patrick Peterson about Julio Jones
    Amerson has had an awful year though Emory. I know guys like Peterson and Bailey got burn on occasion but not for an entire game. I watched Amerson against Tennessee and Miami and he was flat out awful, looked like a freshman out there. What I saw was a guy they were asking to play man coverage who never jammed the receiver and didn't have the long speed to keep up with the faster receivers all the way down the field. He might fit a zone scheme but man press is not his thing at all. Top 10 corners are not scheme specific IMO. They're asking the guy to play on an island this year and it's not working.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FootballCEO View Post
    No, you don't throw it away, but you begin to wonder if a guy was an early bloomer but has plateaued, question work ethic after reading too many headlines about himself, is he scheme specific and not diverse enough to play combo coverages, or maybe he's just playing hurt and we don't know about it. But you start to investigate. That being said, when a guy has that many questions about him after playing like an all-american in previous years, his stock drops well past the top 5, especially with other really good players on the board.

As for Champ and Peterson, those guys did get beat at times, but it wasn't consistently and was usually by really good players (you mentioned Julio Jones, another top 10 pick). While Amerson was beat by Patterson, who's real good, he was beat a lot by other guys too, looked completely disinterested in tackling the entire game against UCONN and looks to struggle in man coverage. I'm curious to see how he plays for the rest of the year and then what he tests at, especially his long speed.
    Quote Quote