Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jay Glazer on Sedano Show: Ireland high on Tannehill LAST YEAR

1. -1
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

GM Jay Glazer on Sedano Show: Ireland high on Tannehill LAST YEAR

Interesting. I have heard the opposite, but I trust Glazer. Glazer said Ireland was high on Tannehill before ever hiring Philbin or Sherman. In addition, Glazer said that Ireland never wanted to go "hog wild" on a QB like Alex Smith or Matt Flynn because Tannehill was his target all along.
    FIRE FAILBIN

**If the Dolphins make the playoffs, this sig will become HIRE PHILWIN**
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    well if there's anyone i trust when it comes to the real scoop it's jay glazer...so i will just take that as face value...not sure i really cared anyways...irelands gonna be back next year no matter what...tannehill has assured that for him...so might as well get used to it
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All the information leaking about this makes me think Ireland had nothing to do with this. Makes no sense for this stuff to still be coming out, if Ireland was 100% in charge of the pick, and he's the gm, than why does he seem so incredibly insecure? It seemed like half of hard knocks was Ireland trying tom prove he's the man.

I just don't get it.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xXwarXx View Post
    All the information leaking about this makes me think Ireland had nothing to do with this. Makes no sense for this stuff to still be coming out, if Ireland was 100% in charge of the pick, and he's the gm, than why does he seem so incredibly insecure? It seemed like half of hard knocks was Ireland trying tom prove he's the man.

I just don't get it.

what?
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    Interesting. I have heard the opposite, but I trust Glazer. Glazer said Ireland was high on Tannehill before ever hiring Philbin or Sherman. In addition, Glazer said that Ireland never wanted to go "hog wild" on a QB like Alex Smith or Matt Flynn because Tannehill was his target all along.
    Just wait for the spin.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    But but but, Gil said the opposite. That doesn't mesh with the "Ireland is a liar" argument.

Seriously though, I don't really care if Ireland was high on Tannehill in August 2011, or whether he got high on him in early 2012. Either way, after a full evaluation and homework, Ireland picked Tannehill and that is all that matters.

Quote Quote  

7. -7

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xXwarXx View Post

I just don't get it.
    Wow. Really? Let Me Help you out.

Ryan Tannehill. Sure, Mike Sherman had a wealth of knowledge on Tannehill. But this was a decision that involved bigger issues than a new offensive coordinator could make, as Sherman says. It was a course-of-the-franchise decision. Ireland visited Tannehill last November at Texas A&M and was on to him through the draft. And the quarterback has done nothing to say he won’t be the guy this franchise has needed for a decade.

“Obviously very, very excited to have Ryan [Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M] as our eighth pick in the draft. This is a kid we’ve been following – myself personally and our staff has been following for quite a while. --Ireland

I personally have watched all of his games from 2010 and I thought he had first-round ability just off of his junior season.- Ireland.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ireland is the gm of the team.

There shouldn't need to be any leaks about who Ireland liked, when he liked whoever, or any of that, if he's the number 1 guy in charge, that should already be assumed.

So to me, it seems like someone in Mia is releasing false information because they are insecure. Or maybe it is true, but if it was, why the need to release the info?

I don't see any rumors out of any other franchise about when there gm liked a specific player. So why in Mia? Think abiut it.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    But but but, Gil said the opposite. That doesn't mesh with the "Ireland is a liar" argument.

Seriously though, I don't really care if Ireland was high on Tannehill in August 2011, or whether he got high on him in early 2012. Either way, after a full evaluation and homework, Ireland picked Tannehill and that is all that matters.
    I guess just like everything else in life it's a give and take. The people who support Ireland are blame for going through extreme lengths to Apologize for him and the one's the hate him will go to extreme lengths to discredit everything and anything that he has done that might work out. Just wait if this team continues to play well late into the season, with the roster he's responsible for and was getting the blame for it being a flawed team prior to the start of the season; give all the credit to the coaches. I promise you the players he got here are going to get no credit, it's going to be potrayed as if Philbin and Colye are actually playing on the field on Sundays.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Who cares when he fell in love with him. For all i care he could have fallen in love with him the night before the draft. I only care that we drafted him. Good job Ireland.
    ______________ ________________
    *********Here's what happened the last time we traded for a Coach ******************* Lets do it again!! *************
    Quote Quote