Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Holmgren

1. -11
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc790 View Post
    And, I'd say he's in over his head and drowning, but that would be an inappropriate remark. He has no HC experience, overpaid for Tannehill, thinks a gimpy RB is going to help us win, and has no one on defense.

I'm going to assume you havent watched a game this season.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finphan13 View Post
    I've seen them all, and the offense is no different than last year's offense. But the defense has gotten worse. How is this a step forward. Clean house. Bring in Holmgren and let him build a dynasty like he did in Green Bay and kind of did, until they fired him, in Seattle.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boulder, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Defense is a top 5 unit in many stat categories. Tannehill looks like a 1st round pick. That gimpy running back has helped us win, even while being gimpy. Team looks organized and focused for the first time in years. Small details are getting fixed every week. I cannot see where you think Philbin is in over his head, when all he has done so far is validate that while being inexperienced in this position, he knows football and he understands how to run a tight ship. All of this has led to improvement on the field.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Actually, it's amazing the jets were even able to force overtime. They were obviously playing over their heads against he Patriots and will get crushed by the Dolphins this week.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Given that Philbin has shown he cannot catch up to the Patriots or produce the kind of offense that he had at Green Bay, what are your thoughts on perhaps bringing in another former Green Bay coach in Mike Holmgren? I am not saying fire Philbin now, but let's say Miami doesn't win the East by the end of the season, I'd say pull the plug and bring in Mike. He has experience in QB development, and if anything, by bringing him in, Miami can perhaps turn Tannehill into a poor man's Favre. It kills two birds with one stone - because it brings in Mike, and as a result, it also means Ireland is gone. Don't get me wrong, I think Philbin is a good OC, but he is in over his head for the coaching job.
    dude, lol.

aside from the fact we are 3-3 and tied for 1st place in the lost column with the pats, there is absolutely no way philbin is fired after this season, unless something unforeseen happens such as something so bad off the field, etc. heck i dont even think he would be fired if we lost our final 10 games.

philbin has done a fine job so far, especially with the lack of talent he has on the offensive side of the ball, and a rookie qb. im not going to anoint him the next don shula yet because sparano also went 11-5 in year 1 and we know how that turned out, but philbin seems to have a strong relationship with the players and upper management, and i expect him here for many years to come.

i mean to make this thread at 3-3 is comical. maybe if we were 0-6, although id still think its premature, but where we are now, being 3-3 and our only 2 losses since week 1 coming in ot, ya philbin is not going anywhere so fast, and should stay here for the foreseeable future.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BoulderFinFan View Post
    Defense is a top 5 unit in many stat categories. Tannehill looks like a 1st round pick. That gimpy running back has helped us win, even while being gimpy. Team looks organized and focused for the first time in years. Small details are getting fixed every week. I cannot see where you think Philbin is in over his head, when all he has done so far is validate that while being inexperienced in this position, he knows football and he understands how to run a tight ship. All of this has led to improvement on the field.
    Not any different than Sparano's team of late last year. Stop hailing Philbin as the savior. I mean, after all that drama with Ochocinco? And we think Rex Ryan is a showboat?
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Pasadena, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finphan13 View Post
    I'm going to assume he's an idiot.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marc790 View Post
    given that philbin has shown he cannot catch up to the patriots or produce the kind of offense that he had at green bay, what are your thoughts on perhaps bringing in another former green bay coach in mike holmgren? I am not saying fire philbin now, but let's say miami doesn't win the east by the end of the season, i'd say pull the plug and bring in mike. He has experience in qb development, and if anything, by bringing him in, miami can perhaps turn tannehill into a poor man's favre. It kills two birds with one stone - because it brings in mike, and as a result, it also means ireland is gone. Don't get me wrong, i think philbin is a good oc, but he is in over his head for the coaching job.
    s.m.h
    "Watching Dan Marino throw the football is like watching Michaelangelo paint the Sistine Chapel... You talk about championship courage, you talk about a will to win... a flame burns within that man Dan Marino."

- Mad Dog (Jim Mandich)

http://www.deltastar.net/dolphins/danshula.jpg
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    #onephin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin
    I've seen them all, and the offense is no different than last year's offense. But the defense has gotten worse. How is this a step forward. Clean house. Bring in Holmgren and let him build a dynasty like he did in Green Bay and kind of did, until they fired him, in Seattle.
    http://www.finheaven.com/images/impo.../129156-1.jpeg
    Quote Quote