Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: At distance, Miami Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill a precision bomber

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks

At distance, Miami Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill a precision bomber

No check downs for Ryan Tannehill. The rookie is at his most accurate chucking the ball downfield.

Before most every practice, Ryan Tannehill does his best Mike Miller impersonation (minus the balky back, of course).
    Tannehill spends five minutes lofting footballs into a small, netted target from a considerable distance, like Miller unleashing a deep three. On Wednesday, Tannehill couldn’t seem to miss, dropping most every toss into the intended target.
    On Sundays, he has been just as effective.
    Through the first six games of his young career, Tannehill is at his best when chucking downfield. On throws of 20 yards or longer, Tannehill has completed 11 of 19 passes for 395 yards, two touchdowns and, most importantly, no interceptions. His quarterback rating at that distance — a sparkling 137.5.
    “It’s been unusual for a rookie or any about else to have that kind of accuracy on the deep ball,” Jets coach Rex Ryan marveled Wednesday. “He takes shots and hangs in there and makes accurate throws down the field. It’s been impressive.”
    Tannehill is not only one of the league’s best deep throwers (statistically, at least), but, surprisingly, he is also far better at that than he is on intermediate routes.
    The rookie’s completion percentage drops to 50 percent, and his quarterback rating to 55.9, on passes between 10 and 19 yards, according to Pro Football Focus.
    When asked to explain that disparity in effectiveness Wednesday, Tannehill merely shrugged.
    “I think there’s areas of improvements in both situations,” Tannehill said. “You go back to the [first] Jets game, there were some balls downfield that I left out of bounds. Those are huge plays for us, if you just let the guy try to make a play.
    Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/10/2...#storylink=cpy
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Supreme Lord Emperor

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Great read. Let's unleash T Hill on Sunday and crush these green clowns.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Life is what we make it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tanny is much better than I thought he would be. I admit that it feels strange now that we have a real QB. IMO, and I'm 42, everyone we have had at QB since Marino has been average or below average therefore our run game and D had to be stellar just to compete in games - not the case anymore.

We may actually have the ability to come from behind now without throwing heartbreaking pick 6's.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    T-HILL -Love it! GO PHINS!
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    VIPeezy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Montreal, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Which is why Mike Wallace would be sooooooooooo good.
    Sig courtesy of @dolfan565

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kcbrown View Post
    Tanny is much better than I thought he would be. I admit that it feels strange now that we have a real QB. IMO, and I'm 42, everyone we have had at QB since Marino has been average or below average therefore our run game and D had to be stellar just to compete in games - not the case anymore.

We may actually have the ability to come from behind now without throwing heartbreaking pick 6's.
    Both Fiedler and Henne were almost guaranteed to throw picks when trying to come back in games. don't miss that.
    Quote Quote