Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Surprise Surprise, florio picks phins to lose again!

1. -11
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    well he did pick the Raiders to beat us

what was the final score there again ?
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So the Dolphins have given up 30 points once all season, in the opener to the best team in the AFC. Now they're going to give up 30 to a team led by Sanchez and Tebow coming off of a bye week? The Jets have lost three of their last four games but they're improving? I don't believe in the moral victories that Florio is obviously pointing to against Houston and New England. It's easy to make predictions when you're never held accountable for them.

Dolphins 105
    Jets 5
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    VIPeezy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Montreal, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bflat View Post
    So the Dolphins have given up 30 points once all season, in the opener to the best team in the AFC. Now they're going to give up 30 to a team led by Sanchez and Tebow coming off of a bye week? The Jets have lost three of their last four games but they're improving? I don't believe in the moral victories that Florio is obviously pointing to against Houston and New England. It's easy to make predictions when you're never held accountable for them.

Dolphins 105
    Jets 5
    No way we give up a safety... 105-6 (2FGs)
    Sig courtesy of @dolfan565

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    No way we give up a safety... 105-6 (2FGs)

I thought about it and you're right. 105-6
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    If you don't like what Florio has to say, don't read it.

It's funny, but I actually heard Florio on the Joe Rose Show say that the best thing for the Dolphins is for people to continue to underestimate them, and for the team to continue to fly under the radar.

Maybe he finally got over Pat White?

This sig in memory of 'Crazylegs' Elroy Hirsch. Go. Packers.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And what Florio thinks matters why?
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    Fins 24
    Jets 21 (7 field goals)
    Holy **** that's a lot of fist pumps
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Knowing those guy at PFT don't like the Dolphins yet you still go to see their predictions anyway? Why?

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyboy View Post
    well he did pick the Raiders to beat us

what was the final score there again ?
    If he picked us to lose EVERY week, so far he would have been right 50% of the time, which happens to be the same percentage people on this board would have who have picked us to win every week.

People here act like that is a terrible pick and he must hate us to pick against us. Got news for ya, Vegas must hate us too then, last line I saw was jets -2.5.

I'm not a big fan of that site either, but don't act like he is a moron for picking against us. Take the emotion out of it for a little bit. Imagine you were asked about two teams playing football in another country. One team had already beaten the team at THEIR house just a few weeks earlier, and now they were playing at home. They had both played one common opponent and the team that won the first meeting barely lost to the common opponent and the team that lost the earlier meeting lost by nearly 3 TDs. The losing team is coming off a bye week, and over the last 8 years have a 3-5 record coming off a bye week, and are 0-4 in divisional games after a bye week, dating all the way back to 2000 (including losing last year after a bye to the same team they are playing this week). You are going to tell me that you are going to pick the team that has already lost at home, and is coming off a bye when they always seem to play bad??

Now I am not saying this is an unwinable game, far from it. I think we have a very realistic shot at winning this game. But to make it sound like someone is an idiot for picking against us this week is obsurd. We are a 2.5 underdog for a reason, and that reason is NOT because everyone in Vegas hates us.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Art Damage

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Francisco
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    If he picked us to lose EVERY week, so far he would have been right 50% of the time, which happens to be the same percentage people on this board would have who have picked us to win every week.

People here act like that is a terrible pick and he must hate us to pick against us. Got news for ya, Vegas must hate us too then, last line I saw was jets -2.5.

I'm not a big fan of that site either, but don't act like he is a moron for picking against us. Take the emotion out of it for a little bit. Imagine you were asked about two teams playing football in another country. One team had already beaten the team at THEIR house just a few weeks earlier, and now they were playing at home. They had both played one common opponent and the team that won the first meeting barely lost to the common opponent and the team that lost the earlier meeting lost by nearly 3 TDs. The losing team is coming off a bye week, and over the last 8 years have a 3-5 record coming off a bye week, and are 0-4 in divisional games after a bye week, dating all the way back to 2000 (including losing last year after a bye to the same team they are playing this week). You are going to tell me that you are going to pick the team that has already lost at home, and is coming off a bye when they always seem to play bad??

Now I am not saying this is an unwinable game, far from it. I think we have a very realistic shot at winning this game. But to make it sound like someone is an idiot for picking against us this week is obsurd. We are a 2.5 underdog for a reason, and that reason is NOT because everyone in Vegas hates us.
    that 2.5 is because Jets are home buddy.
    Quote Quote