Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Overrated & Underrated Dolphins?

1. -41
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Underatted

Dawn Aponte- Currently has our salary cap with very minimal dead money going into 2013. Sign all the F.A. this past year to expendable contracts in the event should they not make the roster. Also Manage to get off-set language in Ryan Tannehill's contract. I think she might be the only female at her current position. I think she played a major roll in getting Tannehill to end his hold out and get his ass into camp. Aponte, entering her third season with the Dolphins, joined the team on February 1, 2010 as the club’s Senior Vice President of Football Operations. Aponte works closely with General Manager Jeff Ireland and Head Coach Joe Philbin on football administrative matters and serves as the team’s chief contract negotiator. She is responsible for the management and strategic planning of the Dolphins salary cap, negotiating and drafting player contracts and overseeing the football operations budgets

Ill never forget this exchange.

Aponte: I expressed to him that where we sit at the moment, based on both our positions, Ryan will not be a Miami Dolphin this year.
    Philbin: You told him that?
    Aponte: Yes. He'll go back into the draft.
    Philbin: And what did he say to that?
    Aponte: He's prepared to do it. I think the only one who makes this decision is Ryan.

At the time I thought she was just plain crazy, but it work, Tannehill sure did get his ass in here.

Brian Gaine- Believes in the value of being able to recognize potential. These days, Gaine’s professional reputation rides on on his ability to find players whose talent and mental makeup will enable them to compete at the game’s highest level — the National Football League. Building off the determination and perseverance learned from his parents and coaching mentors along the way, Gaine has worked his way up through the ranks in the NFL. As a player, he spent a year each on practice squads with the New York Jets and New York Giants, then in 1998 was cut by the Kansas City Chiefs. The next year, he hooked on with the Jets’ scouting department.

Gaine worked there five years before doing a two-year stint with the Dallas Cowboys. He was hired by Miami as its assistant director of player personnel in 2008 and was promoted to director last year before getting the assistant GM appointment in June.

“We’re trying to be first class in all that we do, try to create a positive influence,” said Gaine, who works directly with Dolphins General Manager Jeff Ireland. “We’re optimistic and encouraged about the future and we’re really excited about coach [Joe] Philbin and his staff.”

http://bit.ly/PYg7fe

George Edwards-He's always done a phenomenal job with our LB's. And he has help Koa Missi become a much better player this year.

Marlon Moore- It seems as all this guy does is make plays. He's played only a handfull of snaps on offense, but yet in just a little over 15 targets he has 9 Receptions and 2 Td's. And he's one of our best special teams players.

Kevin Burnett- This dude is probably Ireland's best F.A. Signee. Has started all 22 games since he got here. Has 139 Tackles, 3 sacks, Int to return for TD.

Overrated

Matt Moore- Kdawg hit the nail on the head, Matt Moor is just not a west coast type of QB.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dabeastdabone View Post
    Honestly I'm confused. Who underrates Wake? Devlin is 100% assumption, has he even played a real game snap? As for overrated calling Long top five then putting him in the overrated group, not to mention wasn't he just rated as the what...40th something rated offensive lineman somewhere (sorry I just recall a link here). Moore is a backup and always has been, where does overrating come into play there. Who rates Miller as more than maybe a second stringer. Perhaps I'm off but don't the vast majority of people thing Incognito isn't all that good?
    C'mon dude really? Take the thread for what it is. This was a brilliant topic in my opinion.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Atila View Post
    If you want to talk about underrated, you have to talk about our secondary play - our front 4 is getting great pressure which helps the secondary a lot, but Sean Smith and Nolan Carroll have been doing great at the corner positions.

Moreover, Rashad Jones has been outstanding at stopping the run and making some plays in the secondary. He has been far from perfect, as he has been responsible for a fair share of the chunk yards TE's have been getting off us, but he has been a playmaker. He has stuffed runs at the line and done fairly well in the secondary in his first season as the full-time starter. Chris Clemons has been mediocre but at least hasn't been responsible for *too many* big plays.

I think our secondary unit from a coaching, personnel, and performance have all been better than expected.
    Playmaker did you say playmaker?? Lol. Just Joking.
    Quote Quote