Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Walterfootball 2013 Draft first 3 rounds 10/24

  1. -31
    uk_dolfan's Avatar
    Super Donator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2012
    Posts:
    6,070
    vCash:
    9101
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Playstation Logo
Gift received at 03-18-2014, 10:36 PM from DisturbedShifty
Message: I saw the PS controller so I figured you'd like the PS logo as well.1972 Dolphins LogoPS4 ControllerMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91

    Re: Walterfootball 2013 Draft first 3 rounds 10/24

    Quote Originally Posted by Penntastic View Post
    our picks:
    1. Tyler Eifert, te (trade down get extra 3rd).
    2. D. Hopkins, R. Woods, C. Patterson, wr
    2. D. Trufant, C. Byndon, cb
    3. T. Jefferson, R. Lester, B. Rambo, s
    3. C. Thomas, S. Porter, A. Brown, G. Hodger, lb
    3. Ryan Swope, wr or Stephen Taylor, rb
    4. Guard / DE
    5. Guard / DE
    6. Kicker
    Robert Woods in the second round? I only watch highlights but that would be a hell of a steal from what I have seen. Could he drop that low?
    Quote Quote  

  2. -32
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2010
    Posts:
    41
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Bay Area
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I disagree. Great size and frame, unusual athletic ability for that frame, and violent hands. He plays roles in that defense that a guy with his size and frame shouldn't normally be asked to play. In the end I could see the argument if not for the violent hands which shock opponents. Sort of the same as I could see the argument about Tannehill if not for the pocket presence, ability to handle the rush and throw the football on the run. I felt that set of skills represented Tannehill's safety net as a football player, and I feel Dion Jordan's violent hands are the same for him, and represent the failing in arguments I see against him.
    Geordie, I believe Ckparrothead is right on with his assessment. Jordan is a special talent easily top 20 and with a defensive run maybe earlier. The thing that is most intruging about Jordan is that he was a 4-star TE recruit from Arizona who has earned Aliotti's trust and playing time on defense. As Ck has noted, Jordan is lanky with a frame that can add more weight without being a detriment to his speed.

    Another thing that I like about Jordan is that he knows how to take care of his body. Instead of packing on muscle and hitting the weight room, he has slowly added functional weight that allows him to play stronger and faster than his 6'6 245 frame would suggest. I liken it to MMA fighter George St. Pierre, he has said it takes him a whole year not weeks to gain 10 pounds if he chooses to move up weight-class.

    The last point of emphasize is how Jordan has improved as a player over the past year. As a Junior, he was tentative - not trusting his instincts and over-thinking - and slow to react to the play. This year I am seeing his assertive, aggressive nature take over his play. There is no hesition that I saw a year ago only pure instincts to attack the player.

    Since Werner and Teo are likely gone, I wouldn't mind either Jordan, Mingo, or trade down for Eifert.
    .
    Quote Quote  

  3. -33
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2010
    Posts:
    994
    vCash:
    1812
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SJSharKFinFan View Post
    Geordie, I believe Ckparrothead is right on with his assessment. Jordan is a special talent easily top 20 and with a defensive run maybe earlier. The thing that is most intruging about Jordan is that he was a 4-star TE recruit from Arizona who has earned Aliotti's trust and playing time on defense. As Ck has noted, Jordan is lanky with a frame that can add more weight without being a detriment to his speed.

    Another thing that I like about Jordan is that he knows how to take care of his body. Instead of packing on muscle and hitting the weight room, he has slowly added functional weight that allows him to play stronger and faster than his 6'6 245 frame would suggest. I liken it to MMA fighter George St. Pierre, he has said it takes him a whole year not weeks to gain 10 pounds if he chooses to move up weight-class.

    The last point of emphasize is how Jordan has improved as a player over the past year. As a Junior, he was tentative - not trusting his instincts and over-thinking - and slow to react to the play. This year I am seeing his assertive, aggressive nature take over his play. There is no hesition that I saw a year ago only pure instincts to attack the player.

    Since Werner and Teo are likely gone, I wouldn't mind either Jordan, Mingo, or trade down for Eifert.
    .
    I bow to both you guys superior skills at analyzing talent as I said I'm no genius at doing that at all. Maybe I just picked the two wrong games to watch or I just didn't see what I should have seen in them. Sounds like there is a consensus that this guy would be a good pick at the position we are likely picking in, it's definitely a need for this team. I'll try watching a few more of his games and see if I can fall in love, I do see some of the "violent hands" that CK talked about.

    I'm also totally with you on the trade down for Eifert.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -34
    ChambersWI's Avatar
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2004
    Posts:
    12,030
    vCash:
    5769
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Robert Woods in the second round? I only watch highlights but that would be a hell of a steal from what I have seen. Could he drop that low?
    he isn't as explosive as he was his freshmen year. Just hasn't looked the same since his ankle surgery. Still a good prospect but some doubt whether he's a number 1 in the NFL. He has looked better in recent weeks
    Quote Quote  

  5. -35
    Fin Thirteen's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    1,934
    vCash:
    4286
    Thanks / No Thanks
    From what I've read, the guy has virtually no cartilage in his ankle - he's worn a brace to help stabilise bone-on-bone friction which causes him inflammation.

    That is not a temporary condition. He's also had elbow and shoulder issues.

    I'd be very wary.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

  6. -36
    datruth55's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    10,215
    vCash:
    3389
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    From what I've read, the guy has virtually no cartilage in his ankle - he's worn a brace to help stabilise bone-on-bone friction which causes him inflammation.

    That is not a temporary condition. He's also had elbow and shoulder issues.

    I'd be very wary.
    Who are you talking about?
    Quote Quote  

  7. -37
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2011
    Posts:
    251
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Charlie Posted his 2013 mock and it looks like this

    1. K. Allen WR
    2. L. Ryan CB
    2. Z. Ertz TE
    3. J. Simon DE
    3. R. Swope WR
    Quote Quote  

  8. -38
    Fin Thirteen's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    1,934
    vCash:
    4286
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Who are you talking about?
    Woods. Post above mine. Forgot to quote him.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. My 1st 2013 mock draft- 3 1/2 rounds
    By g.o.a.t1 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-03-2012, 03:48 PM
  2. RealDriscoll's 2013 NFL Mock Draft-3 Rounds
    By RealDriscoll in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-13-2012, 08:57 AM
  3. My early 2013 mock draft, all 7 rounds
    By phinatic1399 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-11-2012, 11:10 AM
  4. MiamiDolfan85's Early 2013 Miami Mock Draft(7 rounds)
    By MiamiDolfan85 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-03-2012, 03:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •