Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one...?

1. -21
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It'll be tight no doubt. If it wasn't it would not be Jets-Dolphins.

I believe we're going to pull it out I'm on record as saying 20-17.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Home field advantage means nothing when these teams meet.

The road team has won 7 of the last 10 meetings straight up. Miami has won 3 of the last 4 in new york..

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by circumstances View Post
    never count on the outcome of a divisional rivalry as intense as ours. it never ends up the way you think it should. you are wise to be nervous. i am optimistic, but know that counting chickens is dangerous and foolhardy.

The reverse of what happened last year on monday night in NY in Moore's first start.

This game "could" be close, no doubt about it. But at the same time there is a better chance the Dolphins will beat the Jets convincingly than losing the game.

Have you taken a look at Philbin's fantastic resume after a Bye, combined with his superb offensive performance in GB when playing a defense the 2nd time ? A Combined 11-1 with higher point totals and offensive output ..

and teams do very poorly when going into a BYE (as the jets are this week), record is 4-16-1 ATS in the last 21 NFL games (dolphins did not play well at all vs the Rams, at home, going "into" the BYE, as one of many examples....and that was a PUSH with the Rams outgaining Miami 450-200 TY). The Rams had 10 days rest while Miami was going into a Bye, at home, off a road travel game the previous week (just as the jets are). Miami did not cover the spread

Teams are just not playing well in this spot. Look at the Bengals-Steelers game last Sunday night. The Steelers were very shorthanded with all their injuries, not playing well at all this season, on the road, but they handled the Bengals and played a lot better than Cincy. It was a division game too, it was a big home game for Cincy with what supposed to be an emotional game for them, in primetime, against a huge division rival. But the Bengals had a measly 100 yards passing, got crushed in time-of-possession, under 4 yards per carry, and their D got run over all night.

For whatever reason, teams are playing very poorly in the spot the jets are playing in this week. And the jets spent a lot of emotion and energy last week in new england. Michael Lombardi on NFL Network said this week that he'd be very surprised if the Jets can carry that energy and emotion to this weeks miami game, and said they won;t be able to, and I agree with him. While Miami is super energized with the rest, are a team that matches up very well with the jets, a very physical team and outphysical the Jets most of the time miami plays them (just what teams that are emotionally spent from the previous week don't want to face), and have the revenge-factor on their side

Moreover, there is a strong "RLM" for this game (reverse line movement). The Vegas odds-makers like Miami a lot in this game, if you know how to read the lines. They are setting up and goading "joe public" to bet on the jets with the RLM

Does all that guarantee anything ? No,.. nothing is guaranteed. There's no guarantee you or I will be here tomorrow. lol. But these are very strong indicators, and if someone played these spots with the same framework, and was a very responsible & smart gambler with good money management, betting no more than 5% of their bankroll (term used for funds deposited into an account used for sportsgambling) per wager, they'd be sitting pretty.

A lot of sports gambling, and being very successful with it, is betting on trends and "spots". Take out the team logos and player matchups and all those things. Just look at the trends and spots. Go with the percentages. I can't tell you how much money I've made over the last 2 years by betting against the Boston Celtics ATS whenever they played a road game, having to travel, after playing the night before. On the back end of 2 games in 2 nights. They have been absolutely horrible on back-to-backs on the road. They were just piss poor in those "spots" and mailed it in. I made a killing in the 2010-2011 season doing it , and then last year for 11-2012 they were something like 1-8 ATS in their first 9 road back-to-backs again. It's all about "spots"

And as a Miami fan, for this game Sunday, you have to feel very good in this spot
    Last edited by Pinkboy; 10-26-2012 at 03:37 AM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Münchweiler, Germany
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like the insight, Greyboy
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Münchweiler, Germany
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirspud View Post
    We lost to this team weeks ago and I don't see how with Keller back and other offensive players stepping up for them, we are suddenly going to be better against them even with our second CB out. Our offense has gotten better, but has done so scoring very little, so I'm not assuming they will get the job done facing a team with an offense that will likely find a way to challenge us (despite their struggles, which still included a game winning pass in OT against us), and a D that is now more adjusted to losing their top corner, which they were without for the second half of the first game.
    Oh, the eternal doubter. Yes, Keller is back. Yes, our 2nd CB is out. Yes, they threw a game winning pass in OT against us. Yes, the grass is always greener on the other side.

What you failed to mention: their 1st WR is out (which happens to be the one who caught the game deciding pass in OT in our last meeting). Their 1st CB is out. Which is even worse than our 2nd CB being sidelined. Revis didn't play in the 2nd half in our last encounter. But neither did Bush. And guess what? Bush will be back. And healthy.

I have no problem with you posting anything that does not really increase our chances to win. But at the same time you gotta see the things that do increase our chances of winning. Otherwise you'll soon be called Spinmaster, part 2.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!RadioactiveHalo Legendary1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
    Oh, the eternal doubter. Yes, Keller is back. Yes, our 2nd CB is out. Yes, they threw a game winning pass in OT against us. Yes, the grass is always greener on the other side.

What you failed to mention: their 1st WR is out (which happens to be the one who caught the game deciding pass in OT in our last meeting). Their 1st CB is out. Which is even worse than our 2nd CB being sidelined. Revis didn't play in the 2nd half in our last encounter. But neither did Bush. And guess what? Bush will be back. And healthy.

I have no problem with you posting anything that does not really increase our chances to win. But at the same time you gotta see the things that do increase our chances of winning. Otherwise you'll soon be called Spinmaster, part 2.
    Agreed holmes had a huge game against us and he won't be here and we had a bye week to prepare for them.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Am I the only one...?

Quote Originally Posted by Greyboy View Post
    The Jets have no identity anywhere on their team. They're not good. They are like the Bengals but with a worse pass rush, worse run defense, and a worse QB than the Bengals.

don't worry, Dolphins are winning this week. They're only talking because they're scared, not confident, and they're a kinda stupid bunch. They have no idea they made things harder on themselves, because they are in fact, a stupid bunch
    Exactly what I'm talking about. Astute posters seen very confident. Mike Lombardi, who lambasted us in the offseason, said we'd be the kind of team that will be much tougher the 2nd time around. Also said the Bart Scott injury helps the Jets because they need to get faster at LB and this forces it.
    Please don't look dumb by predicting a 30+ point week for the Dolphins.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was nervous, but after all the unwarranted mouth running this week that Landry, Maybin, and Fatty have done, you know it has completely pissed off our players and motivated them to really try and put it to the Jets, of which I believe they will succeed. Couple that wil crybaby dirty sanchez all broken up with getting badly dumped and spending late nights out getting hammered.

35-13 Miami
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I feel this game is the 2012 season... if they win then I'm all about the playoff push for 2012. If they lose then I feel the team will be a bit deflated with a sweep from the Jets and they will play average from here on out with the playoff push coming next season
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Dolphins on 3!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NewHampshire
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    I've been let down by the Dolphins so many times over the years, I just don't want another let down.
    Those were the "old" Dolphins.. These my friend, our the 'NEW" Miami Dolphins
    Danny
    Quote Quote