Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Congrats Guys

1. -131
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    dude get real.

first of all, this storm is going to be the equivalent t of a strong cat 1 or possibly 2 storm, something we never see in ny. secondly, u guys make it seem u always get hurricanes, when was the last time u guys truly got a ''direct hit''? i believe it was 92 with ANDREW, im talking direct hit.

and also, calling new yorkers huge bitches is funny considering ive been to miami when its been 55-60 degrees and people act like the ice age is hitting

either way, this storm is real serious, its hitting the most populus part of the nation, and we are not accustomed to this, it would be like a blizzard hitting miami, u guys would have no clue what to do.( although i know that is basically impossible)

i dont give a **** about ppl bashing junc, its all fun and games, but its stupid to make it seem like this serious situation is a joking matter.
    Andrew was a Category 5, dingbat. That means sustained winds over 157 mph. Category 1 or 2 storms hit South Florida nearly every year, often more than one per year. In 2004 Florida was hit by three or four storms far more powerful than the one heading at you right now. Sandy already went by us and dumped a bunch of water and was gusting up to 60 or 70 mph, and we were hit by a storm earlier this year than dropped a whole lake full of rain. We're up 20 inches over our yearly average. So don't tell me my business regarding hurricanes, son. You're way out of your depth.

"We're not accustomed to this" is the only part of your post that I agree with, and is exactly the point. If this thing turns out to be a Katrina like disaster, then I'll be the first one donating goods, money and whatever else New Yorkers need. I love New York City and hate to see anything bad happen to it. But until this thing turns to **** just bear down and take it like a man.
    Quote Quote  

2. -132
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Andrew was a Category 5, dingbat. That means sustained winds over 157 mph. Category 1 or 2 storms hit South Florida regularly. In 2004 Florida was hit by three or four storms far more powerful than the one heading at you right now. Sandy already went by us and dumped a bunch of water and was windy, and we were hit by a storm earlier this year than dropped a whole lake full of rain. We're up 20 inches over our yearly average. So don't tell me my business regarding hurricanes, son. You're way out of your depth.

"We're not accustomed to this" is the only part of your post that I agree with, and is exactly the point. If this thing turns out to be a Katrina like disaster, then I'll be the first one donating goods, money and whatever else New Yorkers need. I love New York City and hate to see anything bad happen to it. But until this thing turns to **** just bear down and take it like a man.
    first of all, i was not comparing ANDREW to this, im well aware ANDREW was a 5 and it was prob the strongest hurricane ever.( katrina was also devistating in general, but that was more due to the area it hit, but nonetheless it still would have been)

also i just found it funny how ur calling a us new yorkers bitches, but as i pointed out, ive been to miami where its been 55-60 degrees, which yes it is below average for miami but far from freezing, not temperatures where people are going to die from, yet people were acting like it was the ice age.

new yorkers in general are tough, and this storm is pretty ****ing strong. no one is saying its a cat 4 or 5, but it does not need to be to inflict lots of damage. whatever man, i was just saying, no bad blood or **** like that.
    Quote Quote  

3. -133
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    dude get real.

first of all, this storm is going to be the equivalent t of a strong cat 1 or possibly 2 storm, something we never see in ny. secondly, u guys make it seem u always get hurricanes, when was the last time u guys truly got a ''direct hit''? i believe it was 92 with ANDREW, im talking direct hit.

and also, calling new yorkers huge bitches is funny considering ive been to miami when its been 55-60 degrees and people act like the ice age is hitting

either way, this storm is real serious, its hitting the most populus part of the nation, and we are not accustomed to this, it would be like a blizzard hitting miami, u guys would have no clue what to do.( although i know that is basically impossible)

i dont give a **** about ppl bashing junc, its all fun and games, but its stupid to make it seem like this serious situation is a joking matter.
    What people don't understand is this isn't a hurricane in the traditional sense, this a Nor'easter that merged with a hurricane. You don't have snow forecast totals of 2 to 3 feet with a hurricane and tropical winds from 90mph to 40mph over a 450 mile radius. There isn't enough energy in a hurricane to affect that big an area but when you merge all the factors and add to it the area affected it has "epic" disaster all over it. Not to mention people miss the fact that it is high tide right now with a full moon tonight adding to the ocean levels. The amount of coincidence with this storm is amazing to me, a huge high and low pressure system blocking the path of the hurricane in the Northern Atlantic, a huge Arctic dip of the jet stream with a massive western storm and a hurricane that strengthened as it moves north instead of dieing in the cold waters like it normally does, along with a full moon and high tides.

The hurricane is the least of the worries to be honest, it is the rain fall amounts coupled with the surge, areas are already flooded from inches of rain drawn off the nor'easter only to have a 6' to 11' storm surge hammer in on top of it. I'm fortunate to be upstate and storm surge isn't a problem, rain fall totals will only cause us grief if we get more than the foretasted 3" but even so local flooding is still going to be an issue this time of year with the high wind and down trees.

It is the area of the storm that makes it such a huge deal, not the fact that it is only a hurricane or only a nor'easter or only a blizzard, it is all of those and then some.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

4. -134
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    What people don't understand is this isn't a hurricane in the traditional sense, this a Nor'easter that merged with a hurricane. You don't have snow forecast totals of 2 to 3 feet with a hurricane and tropical winds from 90mph to 40mph over a 450 mile radius. There isn't enough energy in a hurricane to affect that big an area but when you merge all the factors and add to it the area affected it has "epic" disaster all over it. Not to mention people miss the fact that it is high tide right now with a full moon tonight adding to the ocean levels. The amount of coincidence with this storm is amazing to me, a huge high and low pressure system blocking the path of the hurricane in the Northern Atlantic, a huge Arctic dip of the jet stream with a massive western storm and a hurricane that strengthened as it moves north instead of dieing in the cold waters like it normally does, along with a full moon and high tides.

The hurricane is the least of the worries to be honest, it is the rain fall amounts coupled with the surge, areas are already flooded from inches of rain drawn off the nor'easter only to have a 6' to 11' storm surge hammer in on top of it. I'm fortunate to be upstate and storm surge isn't a problem, rain fall totals will only cause us grief if we get more than the foretasted 3" but even so local flooding is still going to be an issue this time of year with the high wind and down trees.

It is the area of the storm that makes it such a huge deal, not the fact that it is only a hurricane or only a nor'easter or only a blizzard, it is all of those and then some.
    exactly, its the area. THE WALRUS IS right, if this hit miami, this wouldnt be a big deal. i mean yes schools would be closed, etc, but it wouldnt be an epic disaster because they are better prepared for these types of storms as opposed to New Yorkers and everyone in the northeast united states, we have no clue what to do during these types of storms because they rarely happen.

for me, i live on long island, the rainfall is the least of my concern,heck ill trade the 50-60 mph sustained winds with gusts 85-90 for a foot of rain right now. im worried about losing power, property damage, etc. i hope for the best, and hope u and all people effected stay safe.
    Quote Quote  

5. -135
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    first of all, i was not comparing ANDREW to this, im well aware ANDREW was a 5 and it was prob the strongest hurricane ever.( katrina was also devistating in general, but that was more due to the area it hit, but nonetheless it still would have been)

also i just found it funny how ur calling a us new yorkers bitches, but as i pointed out, ive been to miami where its been 55-60 degrees, which yes it is below average for miami but far from freezing, not temperatures where people are going to die from, yet people were acting like it was the ice age.

new yorkers in general are tough, and this storm is pretty ****ing strong. no one is saying its a cat 4 or 5, but it does not need to be to inflict lots of damage. whatever man, i was just saying, no bad blood or **** like that.
    There are bitches everywhere. It's going to be in the 40s tonight in Palm Beach, but you don't see me bitching about it, do you? The heat and humidity of Florida in late July is far worse than anything the North has to offer and I've lived on Lake Michigan and visited Wyoming in the dead of winter where it's so cold if you piss outside steam pours out of your dick.

All New Yorkers have to deal with generally is a yearly blizzard and the smell of hot urine in summer time. I love that city, but that's nothing compared to monsoons and killer mosquitoes. It's not even anything compared to living in Tornado Alley and wondering when one of those nasty suckers is going to swoop down without warning and kill everything in sight.

The point of what I was saying anyway was to call out junc for hiding behind this storm to not take his goddamn crow. Godspeed to you, and I mean that. NY is right in that it's the confluence of events that's the danger here. But let's have some perspective. We had two storms go over right on top of each other here a few months ago and left the flooding measured in feet in the central areas. Wellington was totally shut down for a while. Hurricanes kill Floridians nearly every year.
    Quote Quote  

6. -136
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    There are bitches everywhere. It's going to be in the 40s tonight in Palm Beach, but you don't see me bitching about it, do you? The heat and humidity of Florida in late July is far worse than anything the North has to offer and I've lived on Lake Michigan and visited Wyoming in the dead of winter where it's so cold if you piss outside steam pours out of your dick.

All New Yorkers have to deal with generally is a yearly blizzard and the smell of hot urine in summer time. I love that city, but that's nothing compared to monsoons and killer mosquitoes. It's not even anything compared to living in Tornado Alley and wondering when one of those nasty suckers is going to swoop down without warning and kill everything in sight.

The point of what I was saying anyway was to call out junc for hiding behind this storm to not take his goddamn crow. Godspeed to your, and I mean that. But let's have some perspective.
    this comment is deffinetly flat out true. tornado alley imo is by far the scariest place to live in the united states. the **** those people need to deal with is mind boggling. the scariest thing about tornados is there is no warning, maybe 5-10 notice if lucky, they just form during storms, and when they do, those things are monsters, can have winds of over 200 mph, demolish houses, everything in its path in just a few minutes. those people are tough as nails for living there.

ur right, overall the weather in ny is not so bad, we do have our snowstorms and at times our cold weather, but not Chicago or Minneapolis harsh winter cold. truth is i find weather fascinating and this situation amazing, its just im worried because i have so many freaking trees around my house and am worried that if things pick up, if they fall the wrong way, who the **** knows.

also its just amazing this storm bc it is october 29th, not exactly the time of year where the atlantic is very warm, yet this storm just continues to get stronger as it moves towards the coast. just hoping for the best, and will see what happens.
    Quote Quote  

7. -137
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    such sad human beings on this, you guys really need to re-evaluate your lives. I am running and hiding b/c a killer storm is in my backyard right now. Such sad human beings.

Miami dominated us, no excuses. Last I checked the sun rose today and life goes on, it's like you guys want me to bad as sad and pathetic as you are and until that happens you won't be happy. It sucks losing to you guys but life goes on. Enjoy the win, it sounds like for some of you it's the greatest thing to ever happen to you so congrats!
    So now we all have pathetic lives. Thats your spin on it. Unbelievable.

And NO.... we dont want you to be sad and pathetic or admit that the Jests suck. We want you to go the **** away and stop trolling the hell out of our whole forum. Get ****ing lost. Go find a Bills forum to troll.

And if this is about money, Im sure we can find plenty of members who are willing to chip in and match whatever Junc donated to get rid of him.
    Quote Quote  

8. -138
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    And now this thread has turned into a couple of phins fans bashing each other over storms. Just what Junc wanted. To spin the fact that the phins destroyed the Jests into an entirely different topic and phins fans arguing with each other instead of bitch slapping his ass.

Back on topic guys. Storms have not a damn thing to do with any of this.
    Quote Quote  

9. -139
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    And now this thread has turned into a couple of phins fans bashing each other over storms. Just what Junc wanted. To spin the fact that the phins destroyed the Jests into an entirely different topic and phins fans arguing with each other instead of bitch slapping his ass.

Back on topic guys. Storms have not a damn thing to do with any of this.
    I hear that Junc's planning to "ride it out" in Richard Simmons' basement.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
    Quote Quote  

10. -140
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    If he dies or has someone he knows die from the storm I'll lay off. Until then... eat the crow. Bow down before the one you serve. You're going to get what you deserve.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote